Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.
Then come on in and show himself! What's he waiting for?

Atheists don't claim to know anything for certain. Theists do. Theism is arrogance and ignorance..

We can prove Jesus doesn't exist same way we know leprechauns or witches don't exist. Scientifically and logically

Ah, yes, the old "do a trick" nonsense. This is how that inevitably would play out. He shows up, does exactly what you say He couldn't and what do you do? Demand another trick. That's not the way He works, and why should He? He calls you and lets you decide whether to react positively or negatively. And no, you can no more prove Jesus doesn't exist than an American ant can prove Pandas don't exist.

I can prove miracles don't exist. Never has one been scientifically verified.

We couldn't prove oj killed Nicole but were pretty sure.

You can accept or acknowledge whatever you want to. Since you don't have first hand experience with God, I don't expect you to differentiate between fact and fiction.
I understand you're hoping to dodge a relevant question. You appear to refer to one particular, partisan conception of gawd. How are your gawds "true" vs. the aforementioned gawds?

Are you suggesting you have first hand experience with one or more gawds?

I'm not ducking anything. Absolutely I have first hand experience with God. You don't, so I don't expect you to understand or believe anything, yet.
I actually do have first hand experience with the gawds. You are being mislead by your false gawds.

What are you going to do about that?

Do? Nothing. That's between you and God when you stand before Him and He asks you why He should give you the time of day. And, you're illustrating exactly what I said.
Hollie gets in because she's a good person and god rewards intelligence. Plus she tried to help save you from the cult youre in. Bonus points for that. Means she's not selfish and she cares.

Totally worthless, but try again. Being good enough is no more useful than Mark Spitz, Michael Phelps, and me swimming from California to Hawaii. They would get a lot further than I would, but none of us would make it to Hawaii.

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.

Atheists don't claim to know anything for certain. Theists do. Theism is arrogance and ignorance..

We can prove Jesus doesn't exist same way we know leprechauns or witches don't exist. Scientifically and logically

Ah, yes, the old "do a trick" nonsense. This is how that inevitably would play out. He shows up, does exactly what you say He couldn't and what do you do? Demand another trick. That's not the way He works, and why should He? He calls you and lets you decide whether to react positively or negatively. And no, you can no more prove Jesus doesn't exist than an American ant can prove Pandas don't exist.

You can't prove a negative for one, and you can't prove no miracle has ever occurred. Seriously, you're claiming great intellectual prowess and you don't understand that?

I was reading Job yesterday and something occurred to me as I read 34:4 "Let us choose to us judgement: let us know among ourselves what is good." Elihu says this who is actually the voice of Satan. Maybe that was what was wrong with the apple, the knowledge of good and evil. With the knowledge of good and evil one can judge. And who do we judge? God The judges have been growing ever since Cain judged God and decided God was in error. Now we have judges which deny God even exists.

We insisting we can know all of what God does and all of His motivations is no more significant than a bunch of infants trying to understand why Daddy leaves every morning and returns every evening.

No because we know daddy exists. Now does daddy do miracles? He leaves with nothing and magically appears with food. He must be a god. And he created me. Omg. Does he protect me care but also punish me if I'm bad? You know how parents can just look at you and know you've been bad?

This has something to do with how god was imagined.

You're getting closer. You're actually considering the possibility that man is not the supreme being in all the universe. Keep going.

We never said man is supreme. You think that. You literally believe god put our solar system and everything in it here for us.

The trilobites ruled this planet for millions of years before the dinosaurs then they ruled for millions after that. We've been here 6000 years according to creation science. How special do you feel knowing that?

The only reason people talk about 6000 years is the geneology information from Genesis. Now, how arrogant is it to believe that a higher being cannot exist because you can't understand it?

There might be a creator we don't see or understand. So why are you so sure one exists?

You can accept or acknowledge whatever you want to. Since you don't have first hand experience with God, I don't expect you to differentiate between fact and fiction.
I understand you're hoping to dodge a relevant question. You appear to refer to one particular, partisan conception of gawd. How are your gawds "true" vs. the aforementioned gawds?

I'm not ducking anything. Absolutely I have first hand experience with God. You don't, so I don't expect you to understand or believe anything, yet.
I actually do have first hand experience with the gawds. You are being mislead by your false gawds.

Do? Nothing. That's between you and God when you stand before Him and He asks you why He should give you the time of day. And, you're illustrating exactly what I said.
On the contrary, you are worshipping false gawds. Now that you have been given the error of your ways, it's Zeus or an eternity of hell.

Now who is being insistent? I told you from the beginning that I don't expect you to either understand or believe.

We insisting we can know all of what God does and all of His motivations is no more significant than a bunch of infants trying to understand why Daddy leaves every morning and returns every evening.

No because we know daddy exists. Now does daddy do miracles? He leaves with nothing and magically appears with food. He must be a god. And he created me. Omg. Does he protect me care but also punish me if I'm bad? You know how parents can just look at you and know you've been bad?

You're getting closer. You're actually considering the possibility that man is not the supreme being in all the universe. Keep going.

We never said man is supreme. You think that. You literally believe god put our solar system and everything in it here for us.

The trilobites ruled this planet for millions of years before the dinosaurs then they ruled for millions after that. We've been here 6000 years according to creation science. How special do you feel knowing that?

The only reason people talk about 6000 years is the geneology information from Genesis. Now, how arrogant is it to believe that a higher being cannot exist because you can't understand it?

There might be a creator we don't see or understand. So why are you so sure one exists?

Because I know Him. Like I've said before, I don't expect you to either understand or believe me.

You can't prove a negative for one, and you can't prove no miracle has ever occurred. Seriously, you're claiming great intellectual prowess and you don't understand that?[/QUOTE

Isn't there a certain arrogance with theists demanding belief in their partisan gawds while cynically rejecting belief in the other conceptions of gawds? Can we accept your acknowledgment that Zeus, Osiris, Oden, etc., etc., are just as viable and just as likely the "true gawds" as your conception of gawds?

Can't say it was for a lack of trying and wanting to believe. I gave it 30 years and after all that time of brlieving I finally realized it wasn't true.

What was it? A lot of things but mostly science. Now I know why religions hate science. It demands evidence.

When you learn psychology cosmology quantum physics history of man you finally realize gods made up

Because I know Him. Like I've said before, I don't expect you to either understand or believe me.
I use to believe I knew him too. There is a cure for your delusion. The more you learn the better you get.

On the contrary, you are worshipping false gawds. Now that you have been given the error of your ways, it's Zeus or an eternity of hell.

Now who is being insistent? I told you from the beginning that I don't expect you to either understand or believe.
But it is you who doesn't understand.

Isn't there a certain arrogance with theists demanding belief in their partisan gawds while cynically rejecting belief in the other conceptions of gawds? Can we accept your acknowledgment that Zeus, Osiris, Oden, etc., etc., are just as viable and just as likely the "true gawds" as your conception of gawds?

Why should atheists or agnostics believe in god because you peter Paul john and Luke say you met him? Or Jo smith or Mohammed

You can't prove a negative for one, and you can't prove no miracle has ever occurred. Seriously, you're claiming great intellectual prowess and you don't understand that?

You claim such great intellect that you are able to speak to god.

Why does what I believe seem to upset you? Belief in God is based on faith. Either you believe, or don't believe. It's called free will. If you don't believe in God, that's your choice. If you do believe in God, that's your choice too. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Someday, you will know the truth. Hope it doesn't come as a surprise to you.
So you don't really believe intellectually. More that its better to be safe than sorry? And of course who doesn't want to go to heaven.

Stop believing whatever you want.

I was reading Job yesterday and something occurred to me as I read 34:4 "Let us choose to us judgement: let us know among ourselves what is good." Elihu says this who is actually the voice of Satan. Maybe that was what was wrong with the apple, the knowledge of good and evil. With the knowledge of good and evil one can judge. And who do we judge? God The judges have been growing ever since Cain judged God and decided God was in error. Now we have judges which deny God even exists.

Which gawd? What intentions does Odin have?

Don't forget juju the African god and his rules!

I notice they never answer our questions.

If I told you I saw your wife sleeping with another man would you want proof?

Now imagine I told you a god told me in a dream your wife was cheating with a devil. And he tried to tell you but you aren't smart enough to hear him.

And if you don't expect us to understand why would god? All he has to do is talk to us or send us a real sign. Not a bad phonecall that someone I love is sick or a car accident that I narrowly survive.

We use to be able to debate you guys about the supernatural but now not all theists even believe in miracles. Now a lot of you admit your books are filled with allegories. So its hard to keep track of what each of you believes. Thirsts are like snowflakes. No two are exactly the same.

So you cherry pick what you want to believe. Has nothing to do with knowing anything

It is not so much a matter of cherry picking as it is in intake and delivery. There are many of us who prefer a more scholarly and historical approach to the Bible and ancient cultures. We tend to dig and browse, look at each aspect as if through a microscope.

Then there are those who give the appearance that they see this as too much work--that everyone can decide for himself what scriptures say and mean--and then they come up broad sweeping statements to sum up complexities: i.e. "God is omni this and omni that--and once saved always saved."

They have what they believe are their no-nonsense answers, while those of us who are sifting through history, culture, archaeology, and languages--as well as trying to apply standard teachings to unique situations--are still composing the first words of our analysis and commentary.

It is easier for non-theists to deal with and knock down the quick, glib answers than to wade through the complexities the rest of us are looking into.

The bible says a lot of things. I can't believe modern day people still believe in it. Maybe in another couple hundred years.

I use to believe I knew him too. There is a cure for your delusion. The more you learn the better you get.

And somewhere along the line you started believing a lie. I do not.

Why should atheists or agnostics believe in god because you peter Paul john and Luke say you met him? Or Jo smith or Mohammed

Why should they? Excellent question, minus your "because" clause. They shouldn't believe in anything just because I believe in something. That's a false belief.

But it is you who doesn't understand.

No, I understand what I know. I also understand that you do not, and cannot, yet.

Forum List

Back