Proof How Your Religion Could Be Made Up

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.
Then come on in and show himself! What's he waiting for?
the Second Coming....
You actually are in Kansas. Grow up and take responsibility for yourselves.

Stop bothering with gawds with your whining and bellyaching. They have a ton of paperwork to do.

Here's an analogy which might help. It is like high school student arguing that there is no such thing as a circle because all they know is linear algebra. Yes, mathematically speaking one can not prove a circle with linear algebra, but they do exist. Understanding God actually takes a bigger brain than someone who claims they can explain why there is not one.

It ultimately comes down to humility vs arrogance. Those who insist they can prove God doesn't exist apparently believe themselves to be the ultimate intellect not only in our universe, but in everywhere and for all time. A higher being who created the universe would have no trouble at all entering and leaving it whenever and however He desired.
Then come on in and show himself! What's he waiting for?
the Second Coming....
You actually are in Kansas. Grow up and take responsibility for yourselves.

Stop bothering with gawds with your whining and bellyaching. They have a ton of paperwork to do.

There's only one of them, and He's fully capable of multitasking.

Hollie gets in because she's a good person and god rewards intelligence.
lol....she is so screwed.....
Odd, how you religious zealots presume to speak on behalf of your gawds.

Do you speak on behalf of atheism's high priests when you cite their proclamations?

I am the high priest.

Good, then you can answer a question. Why is it that you put your faith in totally corruptible man and believe things today that are proven false tomorrow, yet excoriate those who put their faith in eternal truth?

I was reading Job yesterday and something occurred to me as I read 34:4 "Let us choose to us judgement: let us know among ourselves what is good." Elihu says this who is actually the voice of Satan. Maybe that was what was wrong with the apple, the knowledge of good and evil. With the knowledge of good and evil one can judge. And who do we judge? God The judges have been growing ever since Cain judged God and decided God was in error. Now we have judges which deny God even exists.

We insisting we can know all of what God does and all of His motivations is no more significant than a bunch of infants trying to understand why Daddy leaves every morning and returns every evening.
Which gawd? What intentions does Odin have?
the fact we believe in God does not mean we also have to believe in Odin......that is the basic concept of free will.....

Your polytheistic gawds are not the true gawds.

I was reading Job yesterday and something occurred to me as I read 34:4 "Let us choose to us judgement: let us know among ourselves what is good." Elihu says this who is actually the voice of Satan. Maybe that was what was wrong with the apple, the knowledge of good and evil. With the knowledge of good and evil one can judge. And who do we judge? God The judges have been growing ever since Cain judged God and decided God was in error. Now we have judges which deny God even exists.

We insisting we can know all of what God does and all of His motivations is no more significant than a bunch of infants trying to understand why Daddy leaves every morning and returns every evening.
the fact we believe in God does not mean we also have to believe in Odin......that is the basic concept of free will.....

There's only one God.

Hollie gets in because she's a good person and god rewards intelligence.

Do you speak on behalf of atheism's high priests when you cite their proclamations?

I am the high priest.

Good, then you can answer a question. Why is it that you put your faith in totally corruptible man and believe things today that are proven false tomorrow, yet excoriate those who put their faith in eternal truth?

Your fears and superstitions do not need to be eternal. You can escape the fears and superstitions that are a yoke of oppression.

I am the high priest.

Your fears and superstitions do not need to be eternal. You can escape the fears and superstitions that are a yoke of oppression.

And put your faith in fallible man, who will tell you tomorrow that what he told you today is wrong, but you're still supposed to believe him just as fiercely as you did yesterday. IOW, no foundation at all, just blown back and forth by every wind.

There's only one God.

Not according to those who make the same claim as you toward competing gawds.

You might consider advising your polytheistic gawds to contemplate unionizing with the other gawds and reconciling some of the hate and derision that causes you book worshippers such fear and loathing for yourselves and others.

I am the high priest.

And put your faith in fallible man, who will tell you tomorrow that what he told you today is wrong, but you're still supposed to believe him just as fiercely as you did yesterday. IOW, no foundation at all, just blown back and forth by every wind.
You put your faith in fallible men who invented your gawds and authored books of tales and fables which are demonstrably wrong.

Your loathing for science and knowledge is not uncommon for those who spend their lives in trembling fear of what they don't understand.

I am the high priest.

You put your faith in fallible men who invented your gawds and authored books of tales and fables which are demonstrably wrong.

Your loathing for science and knowledge is not uncommon for those who spend their lives in trembling fear of what they don't understand.

ROFLMAO. Loathing for science, my big ol' butt. I love science. I studied physics, chemistry and thermodynamics on my way to a Computer Science degree. You're painting the wrong side of the barn with that really wide brush there.

I am the high priest.

ROFLMAO. Loathing for science, my big ol' butt. I love science. I studied physics, chemistry and thermodynamics on my way to a Computer Science degree. You're painting the wrong side of the barn with that really wide brush there.
Be honest. Do they really offer those courses at the Benny Hinn madrassah?

After reading the christian Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.

The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.

It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.

I'm not arguing that the Mormon story is better than the Jesus myth. Its way dumber. But I want to use mormonism as an example of how a lie can be told and yet millions will believe it.

If the Mormon faith is all a lie made up 215 years ago why can't christians imagine maybe Jesus didn't really perform miracles. Maybe he didn't really rise from the grave.

The virgin birth story isn't even original.

How can christians look at jehovas Muslims and Mormons and not see they're no different? It baffles me.

Serapis Christ:

bobo, it is too bad that your life has left you so empty. Obviously you are trying to fill the empty 'void' within yourself by dissing on those who have faith.

Do you believe in anything spiritual at all?

Why does what I believe seem to upset you? Belief in God is based on faith. Either you believe, or don't believe. It's called free will. If you don't believe in God, that's your choice. If you do believe in God, that's your choice too. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Someday, you will know the truth. Hope it doesn't come as a surprise to you.
So you don't really believe intellectually. More that its better to be safe than sorry? And of course who doesn't want to go to heaven.

Stop believing whatever you want.

Somehow, it just doesn't seem like you are a person I should be taking advice from when it comes to my belief in God. We aren't on the same page - actually not even the same book. My religious beliefs serve me well. If I were you, I would spend some time talking to a priest.

Another Sealy thread where we are supposed to consider absolutely nothing of substance and where he demonstrates he doesn't understand any religion he is talking about.

Another Sealy thread where we are supposed to consider absolutely nothing of substance and where he demonstrates he doesn't understand any religion he is talking about.

Nor basic scientific facts. Why is it always the self proclaimed "smart people" who are so ignorant of science?

After reading the christian Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.

The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.

It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.

and there are many of us who after reading the bible are perplexed how any intelligent person can believe it to be anything other than what it claims to be

then we've realizes they haven't actually read it, made no effort to understand what they did read and have not tested out any of the doctrines in their own life, particularly the ones that teach how to receive a witness from the Spirit.

Forum List

Back