🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

PROOF of Nature's God

You mean besides for it to cool, form stellar structures and create all the elements necessary for chemical and biological evolution?
Not convinced, I think you're just lumping unrelated stuff together. All that would have happened without the continuing expansion.

A material entity is a physical/natural entity of temporal cause and effect. The universe is a physical/natural entity, indeed, a mechanical entity; hence, it cannot be the eternal ground of reality, as that would constitute an infinite regress of causality/temporality (an actual infinite). which is absurd!

An immaterial entity would not be subject to time.

That's the whole point!
You can define the universe and God however you want, that does not make either a reality.

So, back to my question. Are you open minded? The answer is NO! You assume you are correct in the things of God and Science.
I never asked for permission. I asked if you were open minded to be able to discuss and debate and you look as if you are very close minded and snooty. My beliefs are not that opposite. There are differences. But, I'm not close minded and snooty.
:bow3:
I couldn't be happier for you to see me that way. Apparently open minded to you means I have to agree with you. Unfortunately that won't be possible. You are a polytheist. I am a monotheist. Theologically speaking we are as far apart as night and day.

The Mormon belief that, "“As man now is, God once was. As God now is, man may become" precludes us from being able to have any meaningful discussion on the origin of the universe. Which is why you kept glossing over the question do you believe God created the universe. To you it was some god did.

A material entity is a physical/natural entity of temporal cause and effect. The universe is a physical/natural entity, indeed, a mechanical entity; hence, it cannot be the eternal ground of reality, as that would constitute an infinite regress of causality/temporality (an actual infinite). which is absurd!

An immaterial entity would not be subject to time.

That's the whole point!
How convenient. To further a hopelessly contradictory argument, you simply change the definition of words / terms.

Not convinced, I think you're just lumping unrelated stuff together. All that would have happened without the continuing expansion.
I don't care to convince you. The fact that you had to couch your statement by saying "continued" expansion tells me you already believe the expansion of the universe is a requirement for life. The expansion of the universe is the evolution of space and time. Without the universe expanding there is no evolution of space and time. There is no cosmic evolution. There is no stellar evolution. There is no chemical evolution. There is no biological evolution and there is no evolution of consciousness.

I don't care to convince you. The fact that you had to couch your statement by saying "continued" expansion tells me you already believe the expansion of the universe is a requirement for life. The expansion of the universe is the evolution of space and time. Without the universe expanding there is no evolution of space and time. There is no cosmic evolution. There is no stellar evolution. There is no chemical evolution. There is no biological evolution and there is no evolution of consciousness.

"The expansion of the universe" ...

really, you believe the universe is expanding, that must be why the earth is so flat.

- could it be, matters finite angle of trajectory ... is the perimeter of the bb.

it's your comment, you prove it ....
The link request was directed at your comment, dummy.

"could it be, matters finite angle of trajectory ... is the perimeter of the bb."

Do you have any link whatsoever for that? Anything? Even a hand drawn cartoon?

So the church of LDS believes that the Universe is eternal?
Don't know. The Earth is. Kolob is. We know that we each will have our own universe at some point. Where God placed Kolob and his world can be anywhere including another universe as well. What we know is energy will stay constant as it cannot be created nor destroyed. Transfer is most likely. But, this is not LDS doctrine. This is my understanding from what I know now.

I couldn't be happier for you to see me that way. Apparently open minded to you means I have to agree with you. Unfortunately that won't be possible. You are a polytheist. I am a monotheist. Theologically speaking we are as far apart as night and day.

The Mormon belief that, "“As man now is, God once was. As God now is, man may become" precludes us from being able to have any meaningful discussion on the origin of the universe. Which is why you kept glossing over the question do you believe God created the universe. To you it was some god did.
You are the one closeminded. Why would it matter if God was once a man on an earth and became God of this universe? How does that interfere with your monotheist view of the God of this universe? I've never disagreed that God created the universe. You claim science has the answer to this. I disagree. And, there is nothing in the Bible that would change my mind nor concur with your opinion. But, we can discuss it as long as we are both adults. In which I'm doubting whether you are or not by your reactions. Seems more like a little child not getting a cookie.

I was once monotheist myself as a Jew. But, as I searched the scriptures, studied, meditated, prayed and listened to the answer from the Spirit, my heart and mind has been changed. There is but one Father God of all our Spirits. One of His first Spirit Sons, Jehovah was brought into His throne to be the God of this Earth, come down and atone for our sins and lead the way back through the resurrection of the body. Jehovah, Jesus Christ, after receiving his resurrected body, ascended back to the Throne of God to be Lord God of those who accept him and are given to him in the resurrection. "God" is a title, not a person. Thus, there are these two in the Godhead and both Gods. As you have seen Christ, you have seen the Father. They are one in purpose. Jesus does all things through the Father's authority. The Holy Ghost is also a member of this Godhead and has remained a Spirit only body Personage. Not one thing I have said is NOT in the Bible.

You go by what the Book of Mormon says.

I go by what the Holy Spirit says.
The Bible and Book of Mormon were written with the Holy Ghost revealing the words to the Prophets and Apostles. If you reject the Bible, you reject the Holy Spirit. If you reject the Holy Spirit, you reject the Bible. It's not one or the other as you seem to think. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Isaiah chapter 29 and Ezekiel chapter 37 reveal the prophecy of this book in the latter days. So, the reason why I go by what the Book of Mormon says is because it's the most correct book of scriptures because it was only translated once into English. The Bible, all so confusing based on a multitude of people's translations of words in Greek, Hebrew, Italian......However, as with the Bible, I believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God because of my testimony through study, meditation, prayer and the Holy Ghost testifying of this truth. I don't have a double mind about it like you do. It's why you can't allow the possibility of new understanding by and through the Holy Ghost. It's why you won't take the instructions of James chapter one to find out. You are stuck in your ways with no way to know more. Yet, you allow scientists in which many have no belief in your God, to formulate your beliefs. Not me. I actually accept beliefs based upon only the Holy Ghost testimony to me.

You are the one closeminded. Why would it matter if God was once a man on an earth and became God of this universe? How does that interfere with your monotheist view of the God of this universe? I've never disagreed that God created the universe. You claim science has the answer to this. I disagree. And, there is nothing in the Bible that would change my mind nor concur with your opinion. But, we can discuss it as long as we are both adults. In which I'm doubting whether you are or not by your reactions. Seems more like a little child not getting a cookie.

I was once monotheist myself as a Jew. But, as I searched the scriptures, studied, meditated, prayed and listened to the answer from the Spirit, my heart and mind has been changed. There is but one Father God of all our Spirits. One of His first Spirit Sons, Jehovah was brought into His throne to be the God of this Earth, come down and atone for our sins and lead the way back through the resurrection of the body. Jehovah, Jesus Christ, after receiving his resurrected body, ascended back to the Throne of God to be Lord God of those who accept him and are given to him in the resurrection. "God" is a title, not a person. Thus, there are these two in the Godhead and both Gods. As you have seen Christ, you have seen the Father. They are one in purpose. Jesus does all things through the Father's authority. The Holy Ghost is also a member of this Godhead and has remained a Spirit only body Personage. Not one thing I have said is NOT in the Bible.
Cool story. I belong to a different cult.

The Bible and Book of Mormon were written with the Holy Ghost revealing the words to the Prophets and Apostles. If you reject the Bible, you reject the Holy Spirit. If you reject the Holy Spirit, you reject the Bible. It's not one or the other as you seem to think. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Isaiah chapter 29 and Ezekiel chapter 37 reveal the prophecy of this book in the latter days. So, the reason why I go by what the Book of Mormon says is because it's the most correct book of scriptures because it was only translated once into English. The Bible, all so confusing based on a multitude of people's translations of words in Greek, Hebrew, Italian......However, as with the Bible, I believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God because of my testimony through study, meditation, prayer and the Holy Ghost testifying of this truth. I don't have a double mind about it like you do. It's why you can't allow the possibility of new understanding by and through the Holy Ghost. It's why you won't take the instructions of James chapter one to find out. You are stuck in your ways with no way to know more. Yet, you allow scientists in which many have no belief in your God, to formulate your beliefs. Not me. I actually accept beliefs based upon only the Holy Ghost testimony to me.
Cool story. I belong to a different cult.

Forum List

Back