🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

PROOF of Nature's God

Jesus quoted scripture as his authority as well. The key is to be able to know and decern who is telling the truth. The only way with this subject is asking the Father, in the name of the Son and wait for the answer via the Holy Ghost. Of course, going back to James 1:5-8, there are steps the Godhead wants us to take prior to asking. Read, study, meditate, be open to personal revelation from the Holy Ghost and pray with real intent without the double mind and no wavering in our faith.
I believe you have missed my point. I don't accept the LDS' claim of authority. I don't accept your interpretation of the texts of my faith. I don't accept your understanding of the Godhead, and I don't accept your belief that you will become a god.

I think Mormons are fine people and do a lot of good. But the practice of your faith is not for me. I belong to a different cult.

I believe you have missed my point. I don't accept the LDS' claim of authority. I don't accept your interpretation of the texts of my faith. I don't accept your understanding of the Godhead, and I don't accept your belief that you will become a god.

I think Mormons are fine people and do a lot of good. But the practice of your faith is not for me. I belong to a different cult.
You don't have to accept my belief that we can become gods. Jesus said it as himself and as Jehovah. Psalms 82:6 and John 10:34
You seem like a nice person as well. As far as the texts of your faith, the Bible is not for private interpretations. Keep an open mind and heart.

By his word (breath). This LORD is the Father. The Word is Jehovah (Jesus). Jesus was sent by the Father to create, organize, make... the universe and our earth. I bet you didn't think of that connection...
:5_1_12024:
You have very little idea of the connections I think of.

II. CREATION - WORK OF THE HOLY TRINITY

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth":128 three things are affirmed in these first words of Scripture: the eternal God gave a beginning to all that exists outside of himself; he alone is Creator (the verb "create" - Hebrew bara - always has God for its subject). The totality of what exists (expressed by the formula "the heavens and the earth") depends on the One who gives it being.

291 "In the beginning was the Word. . . and the Word was God. . . all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made."129 The New Testament reveals that God created everything by the eternal Word, his beloved Son. In him "all things were created, in heaven and on earth.. . all things were created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."130 The Church's faith likewise confesses the creative action of the Holy Spirit, the "giver of life", "the Creator Spirit" (Veni, Creator Spiritus), the "source of every good".131

292 The Old Testament suggests and the New Covenant reveals the creative action of the Son and the Spirit,132 inseparably one with that of the Father. This creative co-operation is clearly affirmed in the Church's rule of faith: "There exists but one God. . . he is the Father, God, the Creator, the author, the giver of order. He made all things by himself, that is, by his Word and by his Wisdom", "by the Son and the Spirit" who, so to speak, are "his hands".133 Creation is the common work of the Holy Trinity. Catechism of the Catholic Church - PART 1 SECTION 2 CHAPTER 1 ARTICLE 1 PARAGRAPH 4

That is up to each state to decide especially when Roe v Wade is overturned and it's given back to the states.

will that include your vasectomy ...

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

the civil war amendments say otherwise - for who follows the law.

You have very little idea of the connections I think of.
I taught high school for 16 years at a Catholic School. Nothing new to me. One Personage that manifests himself in 3 ways. Pretty much the same as all Protestant churches as well. The creeds are much the same, just formulated differently. Regardless of this, Jehovah the Son, not the Father, did the construction with the Father's blueprints. So, do you want to continue discussing the formation of the universe or go into debating whether "God" is just a title for each member of the Godhead and that there are 3 separate and distinct personages or just 1 personage that fools people to think their are 3? 3 in 1 or 1 in 3?

Always. "God is Spirit, and those who worship him must worship in Spirit and truth.”
However, the Holy Ghost is quite capable of entering into our earthly bodies to testify the truth to us. And, which of the 3 is spirit and which is are resurrected beings? Well, we know the Holy Ghost is spirit. We also know Jesus Christ (Jehovah) is a glorified resurrected being with a body that can eat food. So, the question is, Father in Heaven's body? Spirit or glorified resurrected being?

Nagel.jpg

It is utterly futile to quote any Scriptures from the Holy Bible. Condescending, hateful atheists will completely disregard them. You must rely on observations in nature, common sense, and wisdom, not that atheists won't disregard them as well, but they make themselves look much sillier in the process.

I taught high school for 16 years at a Catholic School. Nothing new to me. One Personage that manifests himself in 3 ways. Pretty much the same as all Protestant churches as well. The creeds are much the same, just formulated differently. Regardless of this, Jehovah the Son, not the Father, did the construction with the Father's blueprints. So, do you want to continue discussing the formation of the universe or go into debating whether "God" is just a title for each member of the Godhead and that there are 3 separate and distinct personages or just 1 personage that fools people to think their are 3? 3 in 1 or 1 in 3?
I don't need your permission to discuss the formation of the universe. I'm well versed in the science. You don't seem to be. And I certainly don't need to know your theological understanding of the formation of the universe. Your fundamental beliefs are diametrically opposed to mine.

However, the Holy Ghost is quite capable of entering into our earthly bodies to testify the truth to us. And, which of the 3 is spirit and which is are resurrected beings? Well, we know the Holy Ghost is spirit. We also know Jesus Christ (Jehovah) is a glorified resurrected being with a body that can eat food. So, the question is, Father in Heaven's body? Spirit or glorified resurrected being?
You and I have very different perceptions of who Jesus is.

This from someone who believe in an eternal being without beginning or end? What is wrong with you?
A material entity is a physical/natural entity of temporal cause and effect. The universe is a physical/natural entity, indeed, a mechanical entity; hence, it cannot be the eternal ground of reality, as that would constitute an infinite regress of causality/temporality (an actual infinite). which is absurd!

An immaterial entity would not be subject to time.

That's the whole point!

I don't need your permission to discuss the formation of the universe. I'm well versed in the science. You don't seem to be. And I certainly don't need to know your theological understanding of the formation of the universe. Your fundamental beliefs are diametrically opposed to mine.
So, back to my question. Are you open minded? The answer is NO! You assume you are correct in the things of God and Science.
I never asked for permission. I asked if you were open minded to be able to discuss and debate and you look as if you are very close minded and snooty. My beliefs are not that opposite. There are differences. But, I'm not close minded and snooty.
:bow3:

There's no indication that a Big Bang happened. Just theory. And, many scientists are now having trouble with it as well. It isn't important to our salvation anyway. By the way, I am an Elder. A High Priest for that matter.
So the church of LDS believes that the Universe is eternal?

A material entity is a physical/natural entity of temporal cause and effect. The universe is a physical/natural entity, indeed, a mechanical entity; hence, it cannot be the eternal ground of reality, as that would constitute an infinite regress of causality/temporality (an actual infinite). which is absurd!

That's the whole point!

no such entity can exist without a physical presence - were it so no limitations for their no.s would dictate a polytheistic timeless existence that is self contradictory.

the same nearly as metaphysical / material physiology and its spiritual content that for beings on planet Earth are inseparable.

Forum List

Back