Proof Of The Bible

I see it as hope that someday in the future, even if it takes another 10,000 years, people will stop being idiots....even if its not likely.
I can't say I expect that to happen. We're a mixture of selfishness and cooperation.

Note to Hollie

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

See what I mean?
I often want to vomit reading the putrid bile from Jimmy Bond.

Good point.

It was written by unknown authors who witnessed the destruction of Judea, the Temple, their way of life, and the slaughter, torture, exile, and enslavement of hundreds of thousands of Jewish men, women and children. So, with that in mind;

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

"From his mouth there went a sharp sword with which to smite the nations"

Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them."

"Take this cup of wine and drink it, all of you. This is a cup of my blood, the blood of the covenant."

"
Just art thou, in these thy judgments, thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink."

The sword is a curse in a cup of wine, :wine:malware uploaded into the belly of the beast.

"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword."
The problem as I see it - human attributes are being foisted upon a kick-ass God of vengeance.

The problem as I see it - human attributes are being foisted upon a kick-ass God of vengeance.

Yes, that's a problem that I see too and it all boils down to how the words and subjects are interpreted.

If you take the Bible literally, whether believer or unbeliever, and the image of God is rendered into that of a judgmental capricious and puerile petty tyrant and believers will emulate that. Take the Bible figuratively, whether believer or unbeliever, and the hidden subjects are revealed which render the image of God into that of a benevolent and dedicated loving father who doesn't give a shit about what you eat or what you wear or the sexual preferences of consenting adult bipeds.

That's the solution.

"I have not come to bring peace but a sword."

the latter, a sword does not correspond to the 1st century events as they either progressed or were terminated or even as you claim, a poison to make others suffer ... your book is writing about someone other than the simple religious itinerant.

surly they sought peace whether brought or not and knew the consequences of such a folly. and did not raise a weapon in their defense.

the latter, a sword does not correspond to the 1st century events as they either progressed or were terminated or even as you claim, a poison to make others suffer ... your book is writing about someone other than the simple religious itinerant.

surly they sought peace whether brought or not and knew the consequences of such a folly. and did not raise a weapon in their defense.

The sword represents weaponized words. It was the first century equivalent of the nuclear option.

Says you and you represent a minority of Christians I'd wager.
No, it's the majority. I knew you could not answer my question, so I should just flick you like a booger out the car window going 70 mph at night.

Have you ever thought that I am right and that's why you can't answer my questions and even present what Stephen Hawking said to counter it?

You really take pleasure in thinking I'll be condemned to suffer eternal torment while I hope your leg problems end. Maybe I'm more of a Christian than you are. I'm not afraid to face judgement but, maybe, you shouldn't be so arrogant to think you know God's judgement on you.
As usual, you do not take it as a warning. It means that you're not serious about it.

With my heel, I took the pain as a warning and learned it was a heel spur. Thus, I had it treated and now have a better understanding of what is happening down there and what I have to do long-term to in terms of continuing to get treatment weekly, exercising the feet for spurs, losing weight and using a cane to alleviate the weight on the foot.

You really take pleasure in thinking I'll be condemned to suffer eternal torment while I hope your leg problems end. Maybe I'm more of a Christian than you are. I'm not afraid to face judgement but, maybe, you shouldn't be so arrogant to think you know God's judgement on you.

The only people telling other people that they are going to hell are the ones who are already in it.

Sorry, you represent a minority of Christians. According to a 2017 Gallup poll, approximately 24 percent of American Christians take a literalist view of the Bible.
Heck, the minority could be spot on. Didn't I say the EVIL-utionists would eventually take over the majority as the Bible prophecizes and then that would signal the end of the world?

I'll go against the Gallup poll and go with the Minority Report.

Sorry, you represent a minority of Christians. According to a 2017 Gallup poll, approximately 24 percent of American Christians take a literalist view of the Bible.
The literalist view drives people away from the church. We aren't Bronze Age people any more.

Do you know what original sin means?
It means Adam's sin of disobeying God and eating the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Do you know you still have SINFUL NATURE? You've lied on this board before. There you go.

Forum List

Back