Proof that the Catholic Church is the one true church and all others are pretenders...

The King declared himself head of the Church in England, a rebellion against the spiritual authority of the Pope. Had the English people had a backbone, they would have rebelled in masse at this point, overthrown him. But the English people have no backbone, it is part of their national character to submit to the authority of their government, never disobeying even the most tyrannical laws like complete confiscation of all firearms.

The Irish, they have backbone, so they clung to the Catholic faith in the face of persecution that lasted hundreds of years. I am proud to have Irish heritage, because we believe that some things are worth fighting for.
Well the English in the northern provinces rebelled several times, the Pilgrimage of Faith being one example that could have succeeded.

The weak knees were the the london bishops, mostly and the unanticipated shenanigans of Cromwell.

Some English rebelled, but they gave up rather than press to victory. Then they were hung en masse for their rebellion.

The history of England is filled with so many acts of cowardice it should embarrass them.

The worst thing is, they actually brag that they are not permitted by their government to own or carry weapons. They boast of their slavery. It is disgusting.

The worst thing is, they actually brag that they are not permitted by their government to own or carry weapons.
How dare they be proud they don't need firearms for self defence in their own country, unlike the more barbarous lands?

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on artificial forms of birth control.

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on Jesus' teaching that one should not divorce and remarry.

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on women being excluded from the priesthood.

You may disagree with these positions, the whole world may disagree, but the Catholic Church's holding to unpopular positions is proof that the Catholic Church is not a creature of popular opinion but something more powerful and permanent.

The Catholic Church is the only church preserved from error by the Holy Spirit.

All other churches' holding of any doctrine can be changed by a vote of its leadership and/or membership.

Only the Pope can change a Catholic doctrine, but because the Holy Spirit guides him, doctrines that were true yesterday remain true today.

1. There is nothing in the Bible about contraception.

2. Divorce is not exactly encouraged in many Christian churches

3. Women cannot be pastors in my church

4. The Catholic Church stating that the Holy Spirit preserves is from error is the ultimate "circular reasoning". Um, look at Pope Francis, sorry, he's just full of error

My husband was Catholic and my lovely in-laws (I mean that) are Catholic. I have no problem with Catholic people, but the Catholic CHURCH withholds Christian teaching from too many.
The Catholic Church withholds Christian teaching?

That's an obsolete accusation more credible before the printing press was invented and rare and expensive Catholic Bibles had to be locked to the pulpit so they wouldn't be stolen.

Make that accusation 500 years ago and you might have had a point.
The Catholic Church might be the true church if they would not address their religious leaders as "FATHER"
Pray to Mary and the Saints
have those idols and bow before them.

The worst thing is, they actually brag that they are not permitted by their government to own or carry weapons.
How dare they be proud they don't need firearms for self defence in their own country, unlike the more barbarous lands?
243a0d22b6dfda5e3ab1f7aab748c56b.jpg

The Catholic Church preserved the knowledge of the ancient world and brought Europe out of the dark ages
What the hell is that? It was done in spite of them. And only after these 'Christians' got that they should follow the time, they started supporting science.

View attachment 322430
He must have much cause to worry his fellow citizens are out to get him. Comes with living in a barbarous land, I suppose.
believing you're smarter when you aren't will do nothing but get you killed

yet brits are still killed with guns and more knives what was your point again?
That more Americans are killed every year than Brits, apparently because they think they are smarter. This is because Americans live in a barbarous country.

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on artificial forms of birth control.

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on Jesus' teaching that one should not divorce and remarry.

The Catholic Church is the only church that has held the line on women being excluded from the priesthood.

You may disagree with these positions, the whole world may disagree, but the Catholic Church's holding to unpopular positions is proof that the Catholic Church is not a creature of popular opinion but something more powerful and permanent.

All other churches' holding of any doctrine can be changed by a vote of its leadership and/or membership.

Only the Pope can change a Catholic doctrine, but because the Holy Spirit guides him, doctrines that were true yesterday remain true today.
A church is a place where everyone shares their testimonies. To help one another to build up each others faith in God. But each of us has our own ways of building up our faith. Some uses music, like Saul asked David to sing for him that brings him comfort. But Catholicism is more of a ritualistic religion. But to some, that it strengthens their faith. Even though that the devil has entered it. Doesn't means that the religion itself is bad.
A lot of middle easterners believes that the U.S. is a sinful country. It is because of previous administrations was ruled by demons. That they has judged a whole nation because of a few demons in office.
The only reason why they has infiltrated the White house. It is because this country didn't have any evil ruling this country. The house was swept clean before they came.

Matthew 12:45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”

.....didn't they torture people?? and rape children?? punished Galileo for believing the Earth is not the center of the universe? etc?

Just want to mention that very few churches Ordain women. It seems more common to us because the few that do are in the west and are Particular pet religionists of the media and so reap free media attention. . Liberals have a parochial view by definition.
Neither Roman Catholics nor Eastern Orthodox ordain women. In the US the largest Protestant religion in the country, the SBC, doesn’t ordain women. It’s a rarity and it’s only practiced among breakaway churches who have already rejected the central beliefs of Christianity before ordaining women.

..most people don't believe in Christianity .....

.......religion is fake and man made----there is no such thing as a ''true'' church.....they are all the same .....

All of those statements are not true

1. There is nothing in the Bible about contraception.

2. Divorce is not exactly encouraged in many Christian churches

3. Women cannot be pastors in my church

4. The Catholic Church stating that the Holy Spirit preserves is from error is the ultimate "circular reasoning". Um, look at Pope Francis, sorry, he's just full of error

My husband was Catholic and my lovely in-laws (I mean that) are Catholic. I have no problem with Catholic people, but the Catholic CHURCH withholds Christian teaching from too many.
The Catholic Church withholds Christian teaching?

That's an obsolete accusation more credible before the printing press was invented and rare and expensive Catholic Bibles had to be locked to the pulpit so they wouldn't be stolen.

Make that accusation 500 years ago and you might have had a point.

The Catholic Church makes good people believe that the process of sanctification--which belongs solely to the Holy Spirit--has been farmed out to humans via rituals.
I've heard all this before.

Your Protestant pastors have no more authority to teach the Gospel or administer the sacraments than anyone else, so it makes sense you resent the Catholic priesthood.

I don't need a human mediator, and neither do you.

Christ is the High Priest, blackrook. That's why the curtain was torn in two. There is no separation. And believe me, there is no "resentment". I do not look at the Catholic Church and say, gosh golly, I wish I had what THEY have. No way.
He also doesnt understand that "the church" is not an organization, but the body of believers in whom dwells the Holy Spirit

Forum List

Back