Prosecutor gets 10 DAYS for withholding evidence that sent man to prison for 25 yrs

We have a system where any government agent can lie to you with impunity but you will be charged with a felony if you lie to a government agent.

Is it any wonder innocent people get railroaded by such a corrupt policy?

While the person who served the time cannot get it back a lot of good was done regarding this situation.

Oh shut up you pathetic ABA shill. This sends the clear message that even if you are caught withholding evidence and sending innocent men to prison for decades, your punishment will be very slight.

:lol::lol::lol: Shill

Bottom line get justice done and review his work... The creep who lied now has to pay a lifetime of embarrassment, pain and unemployment as an attorney.

As opposed to the victim, who lost his wife, spent 25 years for a crime he didn't commit. This guy is now going to have to leave the prison, to go out and make something of his life and he has absolutely nothing, never given the opportunity to make something of himself, why? Because one guy framed him and took his life away.

Sorry, 10 days is pretty lame for ruining a man's life, especially a man who lost his wife, knowing the real killer is free.

Oh shut up you pathetic ABA shill. This sends the clear message that even if you are caught withholding evidence and sending innocent men to prison for decades, your punishment will be very slight.

Bottom line get justice done and review his work... The creep who lied now has to pay a lifetime of embarrassment, pain and unemployment as an attorney.

As opposed to the victim, who lost his wife, spent 25 years for a crime he didn't commit. This guy is now going to have to leave the prison, to go out and make something of his life and he has absolutely nothing, never given the opportunity to make something of himself, why? Because one guy framed him and took his life away.

Sorry, 10 days is pretty lame for ruining a man's life, especially a man who lost his wife, knowing the real killer is free.

I am not going to get hung up on the debarred lawyer he is taken care for the rest of his life. The authorities would be doing him a favor by giving him more jail time.

My concern is for who he screwed and how to help them.

I am not going to get hung up on the debarred lawyer he is taken care for the rest of his life. The authorities would be doing him a favor by giving him more jail time.

That's who I'm talking about, 25 years gone, how again was justice served? You say that lifetime of embarrassment? You kidding? Unemployment, the guy is ready to retire, big deal.

This guy gets out 25 years later, no money, no home, no pension, since he put little into SSI, a very small check. Sad!

Last edited:
Anderson, since he acted with willful malfeasance and intent to commit crime, can be sued by the person sent to the pen for 25 years.

He can make sure Anderson is putting the plaintiff's grand children through college before his own.

You should learn to read, this sentence settled all proceedings against Anderson, even the civil suit.

You should to learn to understand what you read. The state settled, not the ex-con. The latter can sue.

Really, QWB, you have to stop jumping the gun and acting out of your 'feelings' first. Consider the information.

America has the worst legal system in the world. There is no justice when the state pays the judge, jurors, witnesses and defense attorneys.

Former Texas prosecutor to spend 10 days in jail for wrongful conviction | Al Jazeera America

November 8, 2013 6:36PM ET

Former Texas prosecutor and district court judge Ken Anderson agreed Friday to serve 10 days in jail, complete 500 hours of community service and give up his law license for hiding evidence in a 1987 murder trial that sent an innocent man to jail for nearly 25 years.

Anderson hid two crucial pieces of evidence from the defense team of Michael Morton, who was accused of beating his wife to death, which would have supported their theory that Morton’s wife Christine was killed by a stranger who came into the house via an unlocked back door, not her husband.

The really sad part is that shit like this happens all the time, and this is absolutely the worst punishment I have ever seen meted out for it. Usually they don't even get disbarred, which means they can do it again.

yeah the state tried to pull that off in the zimmerman case

This makes me wonder how many more people this judge wrongfully convicted. I still don't understand the ten days he has to spend in jail. Does this reflect justice in the courts' eyes? Ten days isn't shit.

This makes me wonder how many more people this judge wrongfully convicted. I still don't understand the ten days he has to spend in jail. Does this reflect justice in the courts' eyes? Ten days isn't shit.

you forgot the 500 dollar fine
Oh yes, you're right. I guess then for 500 bucks it all makes sense. Justice has in fact been served. Hope the victim forgives that judge and gives him a foot rub :2up:

you forgot the 500 dollar fine
Oh yes, you're right. I guess then for 500 bucks it all makes sense. Justice has in fact been served. Hope the victim forgives that judge and gives him a foot rub :2up:

yes the 500 dollars may have been

for the second murder

--------------

While the DNA testing set Morton free, it also wrote a new chapter of grief. After Norwood's DNA was identified on the bandanna, Innocence Project staff began looking for other murders like Christine Morton's in Austin.

They found one. A little more than a year after Christine Morton died, in a nearby neighborhood, another young Austin mother, Debra Baker, was savagely bludgeoned in the head in her home with a wooden club. Spurred on by the Innocence Project, Austin police then compared the DNA found at her murder scene with Norwood's — and it matched.
Freed After 25 Years: Justice Is Michael Morton's Weapon Of Choice : NPR

That's who I'm talking about, 25 years gone, how again was justice served? You say that lifetime of embarrassment? You kidding? Unemployment, the guy is ready to retire, big deal.

This guy gets out 25 years later, no money, no home, no pension, since he put little into SSI, a very small check. Sad!

Clearly you do not get the whole debarment and what it means, which is fine I am satisfied with the outcome. Moreover, "the Michael Morton Act, which helps compel prosecutors to share files with defence lawyers that can help defendants’ cases" is a positive outcome in this matter. Cannot change the past only act to make things better in the future.

The $500 that the "prosecutor" has to throw down is pocket change considering the kind of paycheck that he is no stranger to! If it were up to me, half of what is currently in his bank account would go to the man who lost the 25 years.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. The "prosecutor" could always get at least some of that money back if not all of it by working for it like everyone is supposed to when they need money. That man who sat in that jail cell can't redo 25 years that have already been done. :( :( :(

Last edited:
[q
Of equal (possibly greater) concern, though, is a misstep the Supreme Court made decades ago that reverberates today in the Thompson case. In a 1976 decision, the Court adopted the doctrine of prosecutorial immunity. Under this rule, prosecutors enjoy complete protection from suit for civil rights violations they may commit in the course of preparing or trying a criminal case.
]

Another example of the SC legislating even though the constitution says all legislative powers are vested in congress. States need to stand up and say we will not honor laws written by the supreme court.

We have a system where any government agent can lie to you with impunity but you will be charged with a felony if you lie to a government agent.
I too have been complaining about that for years. It's routine for cops to lie to people ( we got 5 witnesses that saw you do it) but if you lie to the cops, you go to prison.

[q
Of equal (possibly greater) concern, though, is a misstep the Supreme Court made decades ago that reverberates today in the Thompson case. In a 1976 decision, the Court adopted the doctrine of prosecutorial immunity. Under this rule, prosecutors enjoy complete protection from suit for civil rights violations they may commit in the course of preparing or trying a criminal case.
]

Another example of the SC legislating even though the constitution says all legislative powers are vested in congress. States need to stand up and say we will not honor laws written by the supreme court.

You are mistaking "absolute" immunity for core prosecutorial functions with "qualified" immunity for associated functions. A prosecutor may be sued if he knows he was violating the constitutional rights of the accused.

Read Warren Brennan, J.D., Yahoo Contributor Network (2009) Suing the State: Prosecutor Immunity and Civil Rights Violations - Yahoo Voices - voices.yahoo.com

[

Clearly you do not get the whole debarment and what it means, which is fine I am satisfied with the outcome. Moreover, "the Michael Morton Act, which helps compel prosecutors to share files with defence lawyers that can help defendants’ cases" is a positive outcome in this matter. Cannot change the past only act to make things better in the future.

Yes of course - you always take the govt's side like the pathetic paid govt shill you are. If this lawyer had kidnapped a man and locked him up in a cage for 25 years, would you say 10 days penalty is adequate? Welll - if he's a govt official you would say YES!!

[

You are mistaking "absolute" immunity for core prosecutorial functions with "qualified" immunity for associated functions. A prosecutor may be sued if he knows he was violating the constitutional rights of the accused.
[/QUOTE]

You do not even understand the issue i raised. It is unconstitutional for courts to write laws of any sort and the states need to say that.

Forum List

Back