"protecting" And "serving"

Have you noticed that almost no one responds to this thread or even looks at it except you....and me to make fun of you?? I mean...the Columbia school cop thread got 3000 replies in a week. You haven't hit 1000 in over a year.

Your proudest achievement in life....this thread...and almost no one reads it. Sad.

Have you noticed that almost no one responds to this thread or even looks at it except you....and me to make fun of you?? I mean...the Columbia school cop thread got 3000 replies in a week. You haven't hit 1000 in over a year.

Your proudest achievement in life....this thread...and almost no one reads it. Sad.
What's sad is you defend every dirty cop.

What's sad is you defend every dirty cop.

No I dont. You are too stupid to debate this with.

Video released of cop shooting unarmed man in the back as he lies face down in snow

From the Dauphin County (PA) District Attorney's Office, which charged officer Lisa Mearkle, 37, with criminal homicide in the killing of David Kassick, 59 in Hummelstown PA.

About the video:
  1. it's extremely loud, so back your volume down. Audio recording is heavily overmodulated and sometimes hard to understand.
  2. Voice in the background is Kassick's brother (the scene is the backyard of a family home) who is incredulous at what's going on. You can hear Mearkle ordering Kassick to "get on the ground" --- when the video clearly shows he's already on the ground.
  3. after Mearkle hits Kassick with four (4) TASER shots of 50,000 volts each she administers fatal gunshots at 1:12 and 1:16 of this video (counting the 30-second intro)
  4. Attorney in the trial maintained that Mearkle feared for her life, worried that Kassick would reach into his pocket and pull.... something.
This video, just released to the public, was shown to the jury at trial. The jury, amazingly enough, acquitted her. Worse, she plans to return to police work. The locals are not happy about that.

Kassick was unarmed. But he was illegally fleeing from Mearkle when he was TASERed.

And the original incident leading to Kassick's killing?

A traffic stop for an expired car inspection sticker.
I'm not even making this up.

A wrongful death lawsuit from the victim's family has been filed.

If anyone's wondering why I capitalize TASER ---- the name is an acronym. It stands for "Thomas A. Swift's Electric Rifle" and was named as such by its inventor. And people wonder why I rail about people living in comic books and other fiction as if they're reality. And no, I'm not making that up either.

What a sick fucking world. :(

Last edited:
Exaxtly. One of these thugs has been up on charges twice before with no convictions. If he gets off again someone needs to take care of it.

This is just insane. Maybe it's time to just disband the police all together. They shouldn't have the right to kill people over minor infractions and victimless crimes.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.
With the state declaring new stuff to be against the law daily.
This is the result of law and order liberalism.
It is "the creation of crime and criminals"....
A month does not go by where some state or the federal government does not enact a new law which creates instant criminals for activities widely held as completely normal.
We are the most over lawed, over legislated society on planet Earth.
And the typical knee jerk response to an activity which a minority of people yet very loud minority?...."That should be illegal"..
Here's an example...
I sued to live in Hilton Head, SC. Hilton Head;s beaches were some of the last to permit the consumption of alcoholic bevs on the sand.
And of course the Island was an attraction of college aged spring breakers...And of course the "Blue Haired Old Bitty" faction just could NOT have these "damned kids" running around on THEIR beach. So they went to the town and complained. And they complained some more. Until finally the Town Council passed an ordinance banning the use of alco beverages on any beach...BOOM.....Instant criminals. More people to ticket and arrest. And of course more money from fines for town coffers....
Meanwhile the few thousand kids that came to the Island each year, armed with credit cards and cash were gone. The beachfront businesses which did very well in which was a time of year where the beaches were relatively quiet, took it in the shorts and had to lay off workers. Brilliant.
Oh....One note. The laws of unintended consequences kicked in....all those people who have beachfront property who liked to mix a bloody mary or martini and have a nice stroll on the beach.....No longer legal. And of course the beach dwellers howled in protest. that this was just not fair. The Town Council informed them that the law must apply to all.
I bet there were plenty of people who were very pissed off, but tough shit. They got what they wanted. And a bit more.

What you say about being over lawed is true, but these people are invariably breaking common sense laws. Jaywalking, speeding, DUI, etc etc, etc.

Then when they get stopped by police, they act as if it the police's fault they got in trouble.

Then they fight with police, then they complain when the cops respond.

Are there cases of police brutality? Sure there are. But most of the claims we see are from people who started a fight with police and the police finished it.

I got stopped by a cop several months ago for doing what everyone had been doing for at least the last 20 years. When the cop pulled me over, asked for my license, and told me what I had done wrong, I commented "This is total BS! He replied, "Everyone is entitled to their opinion." He won that one.

Are We Training Cops to be Hyper-Aggressive? -- Joshua Holland

>> The median police recruit in the United States will receive 129 hours of instruction on defensive techniques and using his or her gun, baton, OC-spray, and Taser. That cadet will receive another 24 hours of scenario-based training, drilling on things like when to shoot or hold fire. The median trainee also gets 48 hours of instruction on constitutional law and his or her department’s use-of-force policies.

But that same future police officer will receive only eight hours of training in conflict de-escalation. And despite the fact that a quarter of the 838 citizens shot dead by police this year showed symptoms of mental-health issues, according to The Washington Post, the median cadet gets only eight hours of training in crisis intervention.

The study paints a similar picture with in-service training. A total of 59 percent of a cop’s time is spent on using their weapons or defending themselves. That’s more than four times as much time that he or she will spend on de-escalation and crisis intervention. Almost all of the agencies surveyed offer their cops continual training with firearms, but over a third offer zero in-service instruction on conflict de-escalation.

.... “What we’ve learned in England and Scotland is the importance of communication, of engaging and slowing things down in certain circumstances,” says Wexler. “There are times when you get called to a situation where someone is obviously distraught or emotionally disturbed and they might have a knife or a stick or a rock, and that’s where we need to slow things down, maintain a safe distance and call in additional resources. And most importantly, we need to start at a lower level of force and begin to communicate.” He adds: “With a mentally ill person, the worst thing you can do is shove a gun in their face and start barking orders at them. It’s counterproductive.”

Wexler thinks our lightning-fast, high-tech culture is part of the problem. “Some of the officers coming out of police academies approach these situations asking themselves, ‘Which of my technologies can I use to get this person under control? Should I use a gun, or should I use a Taser or a baton or whatever.’ They’re not thinking, ‘What do I have here, what is the situation? How can I take this person who’s at a very high level of anxiety and try to bring them down to earth?’”

... Police are taught to be assertive, establish their authority and immediately take control of a situation. Failing to get that done may be seen as a sign of weakness. Many agencies evaluate cops in part on how many calls they answer, which is another incentive to react to events quickly rather than taking stock of a situation and taking a step back when it’s appropriate to do so. <<

Ultimately then, the dual epidemics of mass random shootings, and the growth of the "Warrior Cop" mentality, have their roots in the same place --- perversions of masculinity.

>> The median police recruit in the United States will receive 129 hours of instruction on defensive techniques and using his or her gun, baton, OC-spray, and Taser. That cadet will receive another 24 hours of scenario-based training, drilling on things like when to shoot or hold fire. The median trainee also gets 48 hours of instruction on constitutional law and his or her department’s use-of-force policies.

But that same future police officer will receive only eight hours of training in conflict de-escalation. And despite the fact that a quarter of the 838 citizens shot dead by police this year showed symptoms of mental-health issues, according to The Washington Post, the median cadet gets only eight hours of training in crisis intervention.

The study paints a similar picture with in-service training. A total of 59 percent of a cop’s time is spent on using their weapons or defending themselves. That’s more than four times as much time that he or she will spend on de-escalation and crisis intervention. Almost all of the agencies surveyed offer their cops continual training with firearms, but over a third offer zero in-service instruction on conflict de-escalation.

.... “What we’ve learned in England and Scotland is the importance of communication, of engaging and slowing things down in certain circumstances,” says Wexler. “There are times when you get called to a situation where someone is obviously distraught or emotionally disturbed and they might have a knife or a stick or a rock, and that’s where we need to slow things down, maintain a safe distance and call in additional resources. And most importantly, we need to start at a lower level of force and begin to communicate.” He adds: “With a mentally ill person, the worst thing you can do is shove a gun in their face and start barking orders at them. It’s counterproductive.”

Wexler thinks our lightning-fast, high-tech culture is part of the problem. “Some of the officers coming out of police academies approach these situations asking themselves, ‘Which of my technologies can I use to get this person under control? Should I use a gun, or should I use a Taser or a baton or whatever.’ They’re not thinking, ‘What do I have here, what is the situation? How can I take this person who’s at a very high level of anxiety and try to bring them down to earth?’”

... Police are taught to be assertive, establish their authority and immediately take control of a situation. Failing to get that done may be seen as a sign of weakness. Many agencies evaluate cops in part on how many calls they answer, which is another incentive to react to events quickly rather than taking stock of a situation and taking a step back when it’s appropriate to do so. <<

Ultimately then, the dual epidemics of mass random shootings, and the growth of the "Warrior Cop" mentality, have their roots in the same place --- perversions of masculinity.

820-ish. That's all? As I said....the number of incidents where someone is shot dead is so statistically tiny...it's barely measurable.

820-ish. That's all? As I said....the number of incidents where someone is shot dead is so statistically tiny...it's barely measurable.

How the fuck does any of that relate to the post quoted?
Wtf is "820-ish"? Being a "thug" (read: responsible citizen) nobody ever taught me this code.

How the fuck does any of that relate to the post quoted?
Wtf is "820-ish"? Being a "thug" (read: responsible citizen) nobody ever taught me this code.

It's called math retard. You bitch about deescalation. Well....cops shooting a person is SO RARE statistically it's hardly measurable. I say they're doing a fine job.

Forum List

Back