Gold Member
May 29, 2023
do you know any!

i knew two

…. Niels Stensen, From Denmark

Cardinal Newman, from England

Have u checked out Scott Hahn's story?

He hated Catholicism

until he didn't. He researched it to death hoping to find proof that it was unbiblical and wrong. I guess he didn't find that proof. He became Catholic

He hated Catholicism

until he didn't. He researched it to death hoping to find proof that it was unbiblical and wrong. I guess he didn't find that proof. He became Catholic
i will read it. now!

He hated Catholicism

now. i have read about him

and i am very surprised!

Niels Stensen
Cardinal Newman
Scott Hahn

do you know still more?

John Wayne converted to Catholicism on his death bed.

Bob Hope converted to Catholicism.

I'm sure there are many others.

The problem with Protestantism is it doesn't withstand investigation.

One learns that the Protestant movement is only 500 years old and before that everyone in Western Europe was Catholic.

You have to believe, to be Protestant, that Christ made a mistake when he chose his Apostles and put them in charge of his Church.

But he said, the "Gates of Hell" will not prevail against his Church.

Is Protestantism an example of the kind of "Hell" that Christ foretold?

One learns that the Protestant movement is only 500 years old and before that everyone in Western Europe was Catholic.

You have to believe, to be Protestant, that Christ made a mistake when he chose his Apostles and put them in charge of his Church.

It's been Hell to me, I'll tell u that... listening to all this distorted, lying BS about the Church and trying to inform people about what the Church REALLY teaches and you get nowhere. But I do realize that people who were not raised with much contact w/ the Church are just ignorant. I can't even imagine not having the Church in my world.. But everyone was not so fortunate so I feel sorry for non-Catholics. It is hard enough to get into Heaven, according to Jesus... according to experience fighting my sins... But to not have theSacraments.. the Real Presence.. Getting into Heaven begins to look impossible.

"Everyone" in Western Europe was Catholic because the church had this nasty habit of killing anyone who wasn't.

For centuries, the church was third-world level corrupt, being essentially a giant organized crime syndicate with a veneer of religion. (If anything, The Borgias greatly TONED DOWN how rotten Rome was in the Renaissance.)

Many of my Texas friends ancestors became Catholics to get land in Mexican Texas, until they broke their vows and oaths and revolved against Mexico.

Then they became Protestant again.

do you know any!

i knew two

…. Niels Stensen, From Denmark

Cardinal Newman, from England
Me.

Son of a Lutheran Minister. My brother and I both grew up in Protestant faith, and both converted to Catholicism.

Basically... it came down to authority. Protestants have no answer as to authority of what God/His church is. That's why Protestantism has split into like 33,000 different sects. They pick and choose what they want from the bible or what the greatest minds in theology throughout history hold to be... as if they are at a cafeteria, and then make their own version.

There is only one universal church, and the education and interpretation is available, provable, and dates back to Christ and Peter as the first pope.

"Sola Scriptora", or merely reading the bible in modern times, leads to near immediate perversions of the text. You need to know what the proper interpretations of words mean, what was the norm at the time, etc.

He hated Catholicism

Here is 100% proof Catholicism is darkness-- Jesus teaches-- Matt 23:9 Call no man on earth Father( talking about spiritual teachers or ones who take the lead) for there is one Father the heavenly one.)))) Why? Because they fathered 0 spiritual truths. God fathered all of them, thus it is not speaking about dads because they did father their children. Thus by calling the Pope holy father he is elevating himself into Gods position and they call the priests Father, thus are saying No Jesus we will not ( obey) you= pure darkness. Jesus was NEVER with Catholicism.

Forum List

Back