Put Up, or Shut Up; What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

Common Core was created by the states, with no federal oversight or money.

It was approved by Governors who are absolutely adored by the Right. Jan Brewer, Bobby Jindal, Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush.

When I say the GOP has gone off the rails, it is the behavior of the rubes over Common Core today that stands out as a shining example of what I am talking about.

You know, Libertarians love to point to Underwriter's Laboratories as an example of an industry standard that could replace federal regulations. We can go round and round about that, but it is a simple fact that UL created their standards of electrical safety on their own without federal guidance.

But here's the thing. UL did such a great job establishing electrical safety standards that OSHA, the bane of all Libertarians everywhere, has made a UL certification on an electrical device an acceptable qualification for use in the workplace.

Just so with Common Core. Common Core was developed by the states, and the federal government then decided it was such a great standard, it would be an acceptable qualification to receive federal education grant money.

Somehow, in the twisted minds of Obama Derangement Syndrome sufferers, this came to mean Obama wrote the Common Core standards himself to turn our children into marxist robots.

;)

Look at you go you little Government Robot :)

The fact is this, the "people" don't care WHO developed it, they have looked at it, judged it, and don't want it.

I would bet you that most ODS sufferers have never looked at it.

44 states passed it. Simple fact.

See post 171.

The powers that be closed my thread because I posted a question that was too hard to answer.

So here it is again;

What are Republicans offering the Middle class? Be Specific

Great question. I have asked them many times what is their plan to raise factory workers wages.

The fact is, when their policies caused the crash of 2007, they tried to blame union workers high pay for the crisis. So they cut pensions and wages and sent jobs overseas. Now those jobs are coming back at $10 hr.

Missiion accomplished GOP. So don't act like you want the masses or the workers to be making more money because you don't. You guys like high unemployment because it brings wages down. You can be picky. That's why the GOP let all those illegals come in and do jobs American's would do Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

The current economy is the direct result of the GOP's policies between 2000 and 2006. Corporate profits are through the roof and wages are still down. Stocks are up, housing is back up, etc. If you are rich everything is fine. If you aren't rich maybe you should stop voting for the GOP because of wedge issues like racism, god, gays and guns.

But then I am betting you are against vouchers too like a good little union/gov
robot.

Here we see Obama Derangement Syndrome in full glorious color. Since I am endorsing Common Core, just like Jan Brewer and Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal and Jeb Bush did, we have a moron who assumes I must be a "union/gov robot".

This is hilarious considering my first post in this topic slammed big government AND unions. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

robot.

Here we see Obama Derangement Syndrome in full glorious color. Since I am endorsing Common Core, just like Jan Brewer and Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal and Jeb Bush did, we have a moron who assumes I must be a "union/gov robot".

This is hilarious considering my first post in this topic slammed big government AND unions. BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Then you are one of two things. Stupid or Rich.

robot.

Here we see Obama Derangement Syndrome in full glorious color. Since I am endearing Common Core, just like Jan Brewer and Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal and Jeb Bush did, we have a moron who assumes I must be a "union/gov robot".

You think we're all supposed to fall in line like leftist sheep because you toss out a few lightweight republican names?
Top 10 Reasons to Oppose Common Core | FreedomWorks

The powers that be closed my thread because I posted a question that was too hard to answer.

So here it is again;

Great question. I have asked them many times what is their plan to raise factory workers wages.

Why should factory worker wages be raised?

I'm sorry, but a lava lamp assembly line worker does not deserve high wages. It is a low skill, low tech job. That job belongs overseas.

Have you ever noticed that the high tech jobs are not very unionized? And yet the workers pull down good money.

Figure it out!

The problem is not with the employers, fool. The problem is that our education system has denied the necessary skills for making good money to a lot of people.

robot.

Here we see Obama Derangement Syndrome in full glorious color. Since I am endearing Common Core, just like Jan Brewer and Mike Huckabee and Bobby Jindal and Jeb Bush did, we have a moron who assumes I must be a "union/gov robot".

You think we're all supposed to fall in line like leftist sheep because you toss out a few lightweight republican names?
Top 10 Reasons to Oppose Common Core | FreedomWorks

You really are clueless. Willfully so.

The Republican conservatives who used to support Common Core are now "rebranding" it just because Obama endorsed it:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) used an executive order to strip the name “Common Core” from the state’s new math and reading standards for public schools. In the Hawkeye State, the same standards are now called “The Iowa Core.” And in Florida, lawmakers want to delete “Common Core” from official documents and replace it with the cheerier-sounding “Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.”

Oh, look! Jan Brewer used an EXECUTIVE ORDER! Dictator!

At a recent meeting of the Council of Chief State School Officers, one of the organizations that helped create the standards, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) urged state education leaders to ditch the “Common Core” name, noting that it had become “toxic.”

“Rebrand it, refocus it, but don’t retreat,” said Huckabee, now the host of a Fox News talk show and a supporter of the standards.

Common Core by any other name is still Common Core.

They changed the name, not the standards. All because Obama Derangement Syndrome made the name toxic! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

the word "common" means 'nothing special'.........

'Common Core'......in reality means a 'nothing special' core education for our children......i.e. more libtard 'dumbing down' of our children...

Common Core was created by the states, with no federal oversight or money.

It was approved by Governors who are absolutely adored by the Right. Jan Brewer, Bobby Jindal, Mike Huckabee, Jeb Bush.

When I say the GOP has gone off the rails, it is the behavior of the rubes over Common Core today that stands out as a shining example of what I am talking about.

You know, Libertarians love to point to Underwriter's Laboratories as an example of an industry standard that could replace federal regulations. We can go round and round about that, but it is a simple fact that UL created their standards of electrical safety on their own without federal guidance.

But here's the thing. UL did such a great job establishing electrical safety standards that OSHA, the bane of all Libertarians everywhere, has made a UL certification on an electrical device an acceptable qualification for use in the workplace.

Just so with Common Core. Common Core was developed by the states, and the federal government then decided it was such a great standard, it would be an acceptable qualification to receive federal education grant money.

Somehow, in the twisted minds of Obama Derangement Syndrome sufferers, this came to mean Obama wrote the Common Core standards himself to turn our children into marxist robots.

;)

Look at you go you little Government Robot :)

The fact is this, the "people" don't care WHO developed it, they have looked at it, judged it, and don't want it.

I would bet you that most ODS sufferers have never looked at it.

44 states passed it. Simple fact.

See post 171.

Deflection will never work on me g .

Deal with the specifics of the point.

1) The "people" should have a say
2) YOU are against vouchers

Deflection will never work on me g .

Deal with the specifics of the point.

1) The "people" should have a say

Deflection? BWA-HA-HA!

I provided PROOF that the people had their say, you idiot. They created and chose Common Core standards ON THE STATE LEVEL with NO federal involvement, you stupid, stupid, stupid little boy.

2) YOU are against vouchers

A lie. Stop listening to the voices in your head that make shit up. Moron.

The Republican conservatives who used to support Common Core are now "rebranding" it just because Obama endorsed it:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) used an executive order to strip the name “Common Core” from the state’s new math and reading standards for public schools. In the Hawkeye State, the same standards are now called “The Iowa Core.” And in Florida, lawmakers want to delete “Common Core” from official documents and replace it with the cheerier-sounding “Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.”

At a recent meeting of the Council of Chief State School Officers, one of the organizations that helped create the standards, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) urged state education leaders to ditch the “Common Core” name, noting that it had become “toxic.”

“Rebrand it, refocus it, but don’t retreat,” said Huckabee, now the host of a Fox News talk show and a supporter of the standards.

They changed the name, not the standards. All because Obama Derangement Syndrome made the name toxic! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!

'Common Core'......in reality means a 'nothing special' core education for our children......i.e. more libtard 'dumbing down' of our children...

Ironic post of the month.

Hey, if I said you and I have very little in common, I bet that would confuse the shit out of you since you thought common only means "nothing special". :lol:

Last edited:
Common: Widespread, general, universal, popular, mainstream, prevalent, prevailing, rife, established, well established, conventional, traditional, orthodox, accepted.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

A call for a "nothing special" defense!

That's the point......They can't.

Wrong. You were asking the same question over, and over, and over again. There were many responses that you chose to ignore. That constitutes SPAM. If you continue in that manner it will get closed again.

Your statement here...

"That's the point......They can't"

Implies that you have merely posted a baiting and polarizing thread and that too is a violation of the rules. Why don't you tell us what the Democrats are going to do to help the middle class. So far, the middle class gets to pay almost double for gasoline over what the gas prices were during the Bush era....and they have maintained that elevated level for the entire time that Obama has been in office.

Regular energy costs will likewise skyrocket if the EPA is able to enforce the rules they want to. That enriches the rich but once again it screws the middle class. How exactly are the Democrats going to mitigate that? By ripping off the upper middle class to help the lower middle class?

How about the ACA? How many are going to die because they can't get in to see doctors? If the VA is any sort of analog (and weren't you ALL crowing about how great the VA was before the truth came out) the backlog is going to be epic and tens of thousands will die before they get the care they need.

How exactly is that going to help the middle class? Or are you one of those who believe in killing something to save it?

Be specific in your responses.

I'm asking a question that nobody can answer.

For your questions:

Gasoline and oil are priced on the market. No sitting President has any control. The rich are doing it.

Which EPA rules do you speak?

Who isn't getting care under ACA?

The VA is better than it was under Bush, but remains severely underfunded. Something you have to ask the Republicans about.

Under Bush the VA backlog was 11000.

Today it's between 200,000 - 600,000.

The homeless and part-timers still aren't getting healthcare. However, illegals are.

The EPA was created under Clinton, and all it does now is jack up the price of gas, water, food, etc.....

Common Core means everyone is indoctrinated to think alike.

It means they are provided a common core of skills which are necessary to succeed in the business world if you want to be more than a lava lamp assembly line worker or an eater of manufactured bullshit.

Last edited:

So here it is again;

Why should factory worker wages be raised?

I'm sorry, but a lava lamp assembly line worker does not deserve high wages. It is a low skill, low tech job. That job belongs overseas.

Have you ever noticed that the high tech jobs are not very unionized? And yet the workers pull down good money.

Figure it out!

The problem is not with the employers, fool. The problem is that our education system has denied the necessary skills for making good money to a lot of people.

We need the masses making more money. Since when did we outsource everything? Why are we the only country that doesn't protect it's labor force?

I could show you an article about a guy named Bob. When he turned 18 he went and got a job in a union factory, making the equivilant of $17 hr today. He could afford a home, wife, kids, vacations, to retire.

Anyways, I'm not going to explain it because I know you won't get it. I am just happy you admit that the old way where the middle class (the masses) made a decent wage. You want us barely getting by. If not, you'll send our jobs to china.

If America's want to vote for this then I guess they get what they deserve. At least 65000 admits it. If you aren't the owner you can fuck off.

But be warned people, his way will produce a small rich class, small merchantile class and a very big working poor class. Back before America existed they called them serfs or peasants. The rabble. Today they call you the middle class. You are going away. Don't think unions are necessary anymore? Ok. Don't think government should be the referee in the rules of business? Ok, see where that gets you. Dummies.

Common Core in this case means basic education applied to all.

robot.

Then you are one of two things. Stupid or Rich.

Hey, don't hurt yourself trying to think so hard.

are you kidding.....? Common Core was developed and pushed by Obama and his minions going to the Governors of the states and enticing them with money if they would jump on the bandwagon...there was NO vote by Congress and there was NO vote by State Legislatures...

Nope. That is manufactured bullshit.

See post 171.

show me where Common Core was passed by Congress....

as for Common Core standards......the whole idea is to have national assessments....how are the students going to pass the national Common Core tests if they don't learn the Common Core curriculum....? also, teachers will be blamed if the students don't do well on the CC tests so they in turn are forced to teach the CC curriculum in order to keep their jobs...

Forum List

Back