Question For Cat Owners

Do any of you have issues exercising your cat/getting them to play? We got a middle aged feline right now who sleeps most of the day but I still try to exercise her as much as possible.

Whenever she does play she'll usually either sit or lay in one spot and bat at it as I rarely ever manage to get her to chase it anymore.

Tonight I just got lucky as this is the first time that I got her chasing the toy a bit in many years. It was so much fun that it made me realize how much I missed playing with her.

So, I was wondering if any of you who have cats with the same issue. Remarkably she isn't overweight and she often bats at some toys herself, but she doesn't get that true exercise she got when she was younger when she would be flying around the house.

I don't expect that out of her now as she's approaching her senior years next year, but I also know that she should be well exercised as playing with your cat is as important as walking your dog. Although I do also have to go slow with her since she has a heart murmur.
She's lazy like you.

Forum List

Back