Question for gun enthusiast.

:rolleyes: Your abject narcissism is showing, internet tough guy.

I have an experience that only about 3 percent of the population has and have used in combat the types of weapons you want to have available to every tom dick and fruitcake. I am just tough enough. And I must be just tough enough but my enemies weren't.

Diversion and insults is all they have when asked an awkward question
I honestly expected a quick direct answer. I expected a real gun enthusiast would know. The gun nuts here only have answers to stock questions. They only know what the NRA has told them to say.

Oh, but what happens if you need it for the coming Civil War? I have already had my life threatened by a MAGAt. He said if the call for the civil war comes out, I will be the first he kills. What he has done is write his own death warrant. I am retired Military with oodles of time with weapons for combat. He is a convicted Felon Pedophile who spent 10 years in Prison. If I see him outside his house with a weapon he won't get the chance to murder anyone. He's going to get one warning to lay his semi auto shotgun (yes I know he illegally has weapons) down on the ground and that's it. It's a hell of a lot more than he would give me. Strange that the general public needs to be armed to protect us from the MAGAts that want a civil war, isn't it.
Yes, all that is interesting, but has nothing to do with my question.

Thankfully, as a Constitutional Right there doesn’t need to be a REASON for us to have these firearms.

What reasons might we want a high-capacity, high rate of fire gun?…

Self-Defense
Sport/Recreational Shooting
Defense from Government
Competition Shooting
Etc…

Then why don't you have a M-240 or a M-60?
Why don't have a 105mm howitzer in your front yard.
Why don't you have a case of Fragment Hand Grenades.

Yes, all that is interesting, but has nothing to do with my question.

The fact remains, I don't need 15 rounds or more to protect me and my family. What I need is to be proficient with the weapons I possess and to train my family about gun safety.

Thankfully, as a Constitutional Right there doesn’t need to be a REASON for us to have these firearms.

What reasons might we want a high-capacity, high rate of fire gun?…

Self-Defense
Sport/Recreational Shooting
Defense from Government
Competition Shooting
Etc…
Self-defense and defense from the government, are both self-defense, and not really valid answers to the question. Do you have examples of competition shooting that requires those capabilities? Link?

Then why don't you have a M-240 or a M-60?
Why don't have a 105mm howitzer in your front yard.
Why don't you have a case of Fragment Hand Grenades
Only because the current, unconstitutional restrictions on firearms severely limit access to such items

See, the Continental Military had very little “government issued” military equipment. The Revolution ABD War of 1812 were largely fought with privately owned military equipment. Yes, including ships and artillery. We even started the Cicil War with many units (especially southern) carrying personal arms rsthervthsn government issued ones.

Self-defense and defense from the government, are both self-defense, and not really valid answers to the question. Do you have examples of competition shooting that requires those capabilities? Link?

Good point on competitive shooting.

As for protection from the Government, a whole house full of ARs with high capacity mags and bump stocks won't stop Bradley. You would need an Air Force and a few billion bucks to stock it to even consider having a tinkers damned chance in hell.

Only because the current, unconstitutional restrictions on firearms severely limit access to such items

See, the Continental Military had very little “government issued” military equipment. The Revolution ABD War of 1812 were largely fought with privately owned military equipment. Yes, including ships and artillery. We even started the Cicil War with many units (especially southern) carrying personal arms rsthervthsn government issued ones.
Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread, or the Question in the OP. Of course, you don't have to have a reason, you don't even have to comment here yet you did. If you know of other uses that require rate and capacity, then tell us specifically what those uses are.

Lots of talk about bump stocks and high rate of fire rifles. I understand there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but on a practical level, is there any reason for high rate of fire for anything other than self-defense? Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?

I have looked and didn't find anything. Do you know of anything that requires a high discharge rate and extended capacity, other than self-defense?
Off the top of my head, hunting feral hogs.

Oh, but what happens if you need it for the coming Civil War? I have already had my life threatened by a MAGAt. He said if the call for the civil war comes out, I will be the first he kills. What he has done is write his own death warrant. I am retired Military with oodles of time with weapons for combat. He is a convicted Felon Pedophile who spent 10 years in Prison. If I see him outside his house with a weapon he won't get the chance to murder anyone. He's going to get one warning to lay his semi auto shotgun (yes I know he illegally has weapons) down on the ground and that's it. It's a hell of a lot more than he would give me. Strange that the general public needs to be armed to protect us from the MAGAts that want a civil war, isn't it.
You're so full of shit your breath stinks.

The fact remains, I don't need 15 rounds or more to protect me and my family. What I need is to be proficient with the weapons I possess and to train my family about gun safety.
I believe you, but to be fair, it's understandable that a self-defense weapon would have those capabilities. I'm conceding that as a valid use. I'm just trying to find if there are other valid uses other than self-defense.

Not sure what any of that has to do with this thread, or the Question in the OP. Of course, you don't have to have a reason, you don't even have to comment here yet you did. If you know of other uses that require rate and capacity, then tell us specifically what those uses are.
The exact point I’m making is that there doesn’t need to be a reason. I gave a couple in my first comment, but there is no need to have a reason to possess any firearm in this country.

I would say that as of the Spanish American War, the federal military might has far exceeded anything a private citizen can ever yield. The change started just before the civil war in the form of the Colt 1851. If I go back from there, yes, canons were owned by the very rich to protect the village from Indians and Marauders. And in the Revolutionary war, those canons were "Loaned" to the Continental Army.

And the rifle that actually won the Revolutionary war was not purchased by civilians as it would be too expensive. The Rifled Barrel Rifles were purchased by the Continental Congress. Had it stayed musket to musket I doubt if American would have a constitution right now. The Brits also had access to the same technology passed on it.

Riddle me this, in the next county, you see an entire Air Force equipped with F-15s and 16, acres of M-1A2 Tanks, Bradleys and if they are on a coastline, they start showing up with a small navy, do you really want that around? If they have it, they are going to use it. And get a few million killed in the process. And they are still going to lose. I wonder where you would get the trillions to do this suicide.

Forum List

Back