Question for Iraq war supporters

the only "lie" Bush told was when he expressed no doubt as to the existence of WMD stockpiles.
Hmmmm,
I am not sure that that is a "lie"--an over statement, extreme confidence in the light of inconclusive evidence, maybe. A lie implies a direct intention to deceive, and I don't think President Bush directly intended to deceive. He was just overly emphatic, when he should have been more reserved.

Hmmmm,
I am not sure that that is a "lie"--an over statement, extreme confidence in the light of inconclusive evidence, maybe. A lie implies a direct intention to deceive, and I don't think President Bush directly intended to deceive. He was just overly emphatic, when he should have been more reserved.

lie [lahy] noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture

The Bush administration intended on conveying the impression that there was absolute certainty about Saddam's stockpiles of WMD's...

that a fact.

You tell me.
They were known to have been there.
Thery were not there after we invaded.
SOMETHING must have happened to them.

So, don't you think that should have been decided before the invasion? Shouldn't have the inspectors been able to carry on with their job to discover where they were. And if they couldn't be found prior to the invasion, where was the imminent threat?

So, don't you think that should have been decided before the invasion....
You're avoiding the issue, not in the least because you know you cannot answer the question.

We knew they were there.
They did not prove they destroyed them.
There were not there when we invaded.
Where did they go?

Aren't you the LEAST bit cusious?

the only "lie" Bush told was when he expressed no doubt as to the existence of WMD stockpiles. The intelligence community always couched its intelligence estimates with caveats and qualifiers making the administration's expression of absolute certainty a misleading false impression.

I guess if that qualifies as a lie, we might just take note of some more liars...

Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continue There is no doubt that & Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. s to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies. Letter to President Bush, Signed by:  Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them.  Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country.  Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

Iraqs search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power.  Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction. 
Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons&  Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force  if necessary  to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security.  Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years & We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction.  Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continue There is no doubt that & Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. s to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies. Letter to President Bush, Signed by: Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
reinvigorating weapons PROGRAMS is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them. Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"is building" is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country. Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
not true

Iraqs search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

searching for weapons of mass destruction is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction.
seeking and developing is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons& Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
being confident and having NO DOUBT are two different things.... embarking on a course to build WMD's is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
saying that a deadly arsenal of WMD's in Saddam's hands is a theat is not synonymous with saying that there is not doubt that he has stockpiles of WMD's....

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years & We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002
working to develop WMD's is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

what else ya got? loser.

but shit, write.... you have posted that same list of quotes for three years now and I have torn it apart each and every time.

Not only are you a loser, but you are a thick, dull loser.

Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continue There is no doubt that & Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. s to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies. Letter to President Bush, Signed by: Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001
reinvigorating weapons PROGRAMS is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them. Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002
"is building" is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country. Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002
not true

Iraqs search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power. Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

searching for weapons of mass destruction is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

seeking and developing is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons& Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002
being confident and having NO DOUBT are two different things.... embarking on a course to build WMD's is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force if necessary to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security. Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002
saying that a deadly arsenal of WMD's in Saddam's hands is a theat is not synonymous with saying that there is not doubt that he has stockpiles of WMD's....

There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years & We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002
working to develop WMD's is not synonymous with having stockpiles of WMD's....

what else ya got? loser.

but shit, write.... you have posted that same list of quotes for three years now and I have torn it apart each and every time.

Not only are you a loser, but you are a thick, dull loser.

I realize how much you love your silly childish word games even if I don't really like to play...
con·fi·dent /ˈkɒnfɪdənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kon-fi-duhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. having strong belief or full assurance; sure: confident of fulfillment.
2. sure of oneself; having no uncertainty about one's own abilities, correctness

know
1 /noʊ/ Pronunciation Key –verb (used with object)
1. to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty:

No doubt Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs..NO DOUBT

is building weapons of mass destruction...not was or will be....IS

We know that he has stored secret supplies...KNOW? not think or suspect....we know...

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is developing weapons of mass destruction...not we suspect or we think...WE HAVE KNOWN

We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons...it means 'sure', 'having NO uncertainty'..to use another phrase....having NO DOUBT

unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons...unmistakable evidence?

Its been fun .. thanks for playing....hope this wasn't over your grade level....

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
I realize how much you love your silly childish word games even if I don't really like to play...
con·fi·dent /ˈkɒnfɪdənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kon-fi-duhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
2. sure of oneself; having no uncertainty about one's own abilities, correctness

know
1. to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty:

We know that he has stored secret supplies...KNOW? not think or suspect....we know...

We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is developing weapons of mass destruction...not we suspect or we think...WE HAVE KNOWN

We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons...it means 'sure', 'having NO uncertainty'..to use another phrase....having NO DOUBT

unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons...unmistakable evidence?

Its been fun .. thanks for playing....hope this wasn't over your grade level....

"reinvigorating programs" is not absolutely certain stockpiles of WMD's.
neither is "developing" or "working to develop".

try again. democrats did not state there was absolute certainty that Saddam possessed stockpiles of WMD's. Team Bush did.

–adjective

know

Yup, the left likes to claim because Bush said similar things e LIE, but when shown the SAME words from Dems, it is, "ohh that doesn't mean what you think it means"

"reinvigorating programs" is not absolutely certain stockpiles of WMD's.
neither is "developing" or "working to develop".

try again. democrats did not state there was absolute certainty that Saddam possessed stockpiles of WMD's. Team Bush did.

Your inability to READ and comprehend the written word is hilarious. Those quotes are not ambigious, each and every one DOES say we know for a FACT, no uncertainty. And there are a lot more from all kind of Democrats.

You get to pick now, were the dems lying to us or just to stupid to be trusted to run our country?

Your inability to READ and comprehend the written word is hilarious. Those quotes are not ambigious, each and every one DOES say we know for a FACT, no uncertainty. And there are a lot more from all kind of Democrats.

You get to pick now, were the dems lying to us or just to stupid to be trusted to run our country?

none of them expresses absolute certainty about the existence of STOCKPILES of WMD's.

Team Bush told us that there was NO DOUBT that Saddam possessed stockpiles of WMD's. Rumsfeld even went so far as to say that he knew where they were. And other members of Team Bush tied Saddam to AQ with respect to 9/11.

try again.

Then we have this gem..

notice Teddy does not say "we think", but do continue to claim otherwise.

tell me that you do not see the difference between "seeking and developing"
and "possessing".

You can't be that dumb.

The idiot is the one that claims these dems did not believe Saddam was a threat and did not believe he had weapons. Once again if Bush lied these people all lied too.

The idiot is the one that claims these dems did not believe Saddam was a threat and did not believe he had weapons. Once again if Bush lied these people all lied too.

Once again.... the lie was the statement of absolute certainty as to his POSSESSION of STOCKPILES. I understand that you really don't want to acknowledge that....I wouldn't if I were you either.

If you claim absolute certainty as to the POSSESSION of WMD's...at this very moment .... stockpiles.... right now.... and you SUGGEST a connection between Iraq and AQ with respect to 9/11, you ramp up the IMMEDIACY of the need to invade RIGHT NOW.... rather than, for example, wait for Hans Blix's team to do a thorough investigation and make their final report.

Forum List

Back