Question for Iraq war supporters

Okay, once again...just because there aren't many people targeting you doesn't mean you shouldn't defend yourself against the ones who are.

And it isn't law abiding gun owners who are the issue, so it's idiotic to enact laws which will only affect them.

does that mean that "defending oneself against the ones who are" equates to rolling the whole damn population through the coals of scapegoating and demonization, degradation and indignation?

Yeah, I hear you saying that.

I don't hear any of the Iraqis saying it.

It's just disgruntled Americans and Europeans. The Iraqis aren't making the claim.

That should tell you something.

And yeah, we have the right to defend ourselves. Period.

So you deny Iran does pay for, recruit , train and arm terrorists? That Syria does not either, You claim that what I said is wrong?

Several million people are not miniscule no matter the base they come from.

you SAID "there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of Iranians that would willingly conduct terror attacks." and I SAID you got nothing to substantiate that wildass claim.

And the fact that the government of Iran supports shiite nationalist groups in Lebanon does NOT mean that every swinging dick in Iran is, therefore a terrorist.

I dispute your "several million" number completely and note that it still smells like warmshit from when you just pulled it out of your well traveled ass.

And once again... you complete inability to distinquish between arab nationalist organizations and islamic extremist organizations is stunningly stupid.

you SAID "there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of Iranians that would willingly conduct terror attacks." and I SAID you got nothing to substantiate that wildass claim.

And the fact that the government of Iran supports shiite nationalist groups in Lebanon does NOT mean that every swinging dick in Iran is, therefore a terrorist.

I dispute your "several million" number completely and note that it still smells like warmshit from when you just pulled it out of your well traveled ass.

And once again... you complete inability to distinquish between arab nationalist organizations and islamic extremist organizations is stunningly stupid.

Your such an idiot, its a wonder you can walk and chew gum at the same time...

KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and swords and beating drums, burned pictures of a British teacher Friday and demanded her execution for insulting Islam by letting her students name a teddy bear Muhammad.

Sudan's Islamic government, which has long whipped up anti-Western, Muslim hard-line sentiment at home, was balancing between fueling outrage over the case of Gillian Gibbons and containing it.

Many in the protesting crowd shouted "Kill her! Kill her by firing squad!"
----------

All this over a damn stuffed bear, the rank and file, ordinary Muslims in a freekin uproar, protesting by the thousands......and being the fool you are, think its but a small handful of Muslims that are the fanatics.....

You saw them dance in the streets on 9/11 by the tens of thousands in Muslim cities throughout the ME and saw them march demanding the death of a school teacher because of a trumped up slight to their religion....so your silly claim of only a handful of them are nuts, only shows your stupidity on the subject.....Its moderate Muslims that are the minority and the vast majority of them only differ in the degree of their fanaticism.....

That's silliness....

More likely our support of the Shah who was oppressing his people contributed. We have always known that a percentage of the muslim populaton believed in jihad. But giving them a basis to recruit normal people probably didn't help.

It's Bush who didn't listen to the intel reports that his father knew about as far back as Gulf I. The anticipated results of destabilization of Iraq was the reason BushI didn't go to Baghdad. Of course, baby Bush didn't listen to "his father", he asked "THE FATHER" and decided to ignore everything we knew.
We were talking about Jimmy Carter. Stay on subject, please.

The Shan was trying to bring his people into the 20th century and whatever abuse he did does not compare to what the Ayatollah did to hundreds of thousands. The Shan never marched children into mine fields to clear them with their bodies, but the Ayatollah did.

And your reason why Bush Sr. did not go to Baghdad is also wrong. He did not go to Baghdad because that was not part of the UN mandate. Read the newspaper of the day and learn a little history.

When reading the historical record and realizing Carter laid the foundation for radical Islam, the answer is he killed thousands for oil, you were most likely not born when "Desert One" happened or you'd not ask such a silly question, and his refusal to listen to the Intel reports about the rising Islamic problem means he killed thousands. Listen--why don't you go to the used book store and pick up a copy of Guest of the Ayatollah, read it, learn a few things, come back and we can talk about it. Carter is, and was, no saint--regardless what the radical Democratic left says.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

http://www.iran-press-service.com/ips/articles-2006/march-2006/iran_us_30306.shtml

The Last Helicopter

Hassan Abbasi, (the maverick and self-appointed Head of the Revolutionary Guard’s’ Doctrinal Centre for National Security) has a dream -- a helicopter doing an arabesque in cloudy skies to avoid being shot at from the ground. On board are the last of the "fleeing Americans," forced out of the Dar al-Islam (The Abode of Islam) by "the Army of Muhammad." Presented by his friends as "The Dr. Kissinger of Islam," Mr. Abbasi is "professor of strategy" at the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guard Corps University and, according to Tehran sources, the principal foreign policy voice in President Mahmoud Ahmadi Nezhad's new radical administration.

By Amir Taheri

Washington (The Wall Street Journal) Hassan Abbasi, (the maverick and self-appointed Head of the Revolutionary Guard’s’ Doctrinal Centre for National Security) has a dream -- a helicopter doing an arabesque in cloudy skies to avoid being shot at from the ground. On board are the last of the "fleeing Americans," forced out of the Dar al-Islam (The Abode of Islam) by "the Army of Muhammad." Presented by his friends as "The Dr. Kissinger of Islam," Mr. Abbasi is "professor of strategy" at the Islamic Republic's Revolutionary Guard Corps University and, according to Tehran sources, the principal foreign policy voice in President Mahmoud Ahmadi Nezhad's new radical administration.

For the past several weeks Mr. Abbasi has been addressing crowds of Guard and Baseej Mostaz’afin (Mobilization of the Dispossessed) officers in Tehran with a simple theme: The U.S. does not have the stomach for a long conflict and will soon revert to its traditional policy of "running away", leaving Afghanistan and Iraq, indeed the whole of the Middle East, to be reshaped by Iran and its regional allies.

The U.S. does not have the stomach for a long conflict and will soon revert to its traditional policy of "running away".

To hear Mr. Abbasi tell it the entire recent history of the U.S. could be narrated with the help of the image of "the last helicopter". It was that image in Saigon that concluded the Vietnam War under Gerald Ford. Jimmy Carter had five helicopters fleeing from the Iranian desert, leaving behind the charred corpses of eight American soldiers. Under Ronald Reagan the helicopters carried the bodies of 241 Marines murdered in their sleep in a Hezbollah suicide attack. Under the first President Bush, the helicopter flew from Safwan, in southern Iraq, with Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf aboard, leaving behind Saddam Hussein's generals, who could not believe why they had been allowed live to fight their domestic foes, and America, another day. Bill Clinton's helicopter was a Black Hawk, downed in Mogadishu and delivering 16 American soldiers into the hands of a murderous crowd.

According to this theory, President George W. Bush is an "aberration", a leader out of sync with his nation's character and no more than a brief nightmare for those who oppose the creation of an "American Middle East". Messrs. Abbasi and Ahmadi Nezhad have concluded that there will be no helicopter as long as George W. Bush is in the White House. But they believe that whoever succeeds him, Democrat or Republican, will revive the helicopter image to extricate the U.S. from a complex situation that few Americans appear to understand.

Mr. Ahmadi Nezhad's defiant rhetoric is based on a strategy known in Middle Eastern capitals as "waiting Bush out." "We are sure the U.S. will return to saner policies," says Manuchehr Motakki, Iran's new Foreign Minister....

Your such an idiot, its a wonder you can walk and chew gum at the same time...

KHARTOUM, Sudan (AP) - Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and swords and beating drums, burned pictures of a British teacher Friday and demanded her execution for insulting Islam by letting her students name a teddy bear Muhammad.

Sudan's Islamic government, which has long whipped up anti-Western, Muslim hard-line sentiment at home, was balancing between fueling outrage over the case of Gillian Gibbons and containing it.

Many in the protesting crowd shouted "Kill her! Kill her by firing squad!"
----------

All this over a damn stuffed bear, the rank and file, ordinary Muslims in a freekin uproar, protesting by the thousands......and being the fool you are, think its but a small handful of Muslims that are the fanatics.....

You saw them dance in the streets on 9/11 by the tens of thousands in Muslim cities throughout the ME and saw them march demanding the death of a school teacher because of a trumped up slight to their religion....so your silly claim of only a handful of them are nuts, only shows your stupidity on the subject.....Its moderate Muslims that are the minority and the vast majority of them only differ in the degree of their fanaticism.....

the sudanese would have demanded the death penalty for an islamic school teacher who did the same thing. That is not an example of any deep seated hatred for the west, it is an example of people with strong beliefs about disrespecting THEIR deity in THEIR country. That would never happen in Lebanon or Jordan or Syria or Egypt, by the way.

and... if you could show me some evidence of thousands of sudanese training to fly planes into AMERICAN buildings or blow themselves up on AMERICAN street corners, that would we real nice.

and no... we did NOT see them dance in the streets by the tens of thousands on 9/11. That is pure fantasy.

and I think it is really hilarious how someone like you who has never been NEAR the middle east can claim to have such an in-depth understanding of the varying beliefs of the muslims in the region. You are, and have always been a fucking blowhard jerk since your days as "write" on politics.com.... hopping around like a little bantam rooster with one foot in your beak.

the sudanese would have demanded the death penalty for an islamic school teacher who did the same thing. That is not an example of any deep seated hatred for the west, it is an example of people with strong beliefs about disrespecting THEIR deity in THEIR country. That would never happen in Lebanon or Jordan or Syria or Egypt, by the way.
Bullshit.....but even if they would, it still shows how freekin' radical they are.....

and... if you could show me some evidence of thousands of sudanese training to fly planes into AMERICAN buildings or blow themselves up on AMERICAN street corners, that would we real nice.
Trying to change the subject ain't gonna work

and no... we did NOT see them dance in the streets by the tens of thousands on 9/11. That is pure fantasy.
More Maineman BULLSHIT

and I think it is really hilarious how someone like you who has never been NEAR the middle east can claim to have such an in-depth understanding of the varying beliefs of the muslims in the region. You are, and have always been a fucking blowhard jerk since your days as "write" on politics.com.... hopping around like a little bantam rooster with one foot in your beak.

Celebrations of the September 11, 2001 attacks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebrations_of_the_September_11,_2001_attacks

The September 11, 2001 attacks occasioned spontaneous outbreaks of public celebration in a number of Arab Muslim communities. Press and television coverage of these celebrations focused on the Middle East and were met with shock and outrage in the United States.

As a later response, Muslim groups, mostly from the USA, vocally distanced themselves from such behavior and also condemned it,[2] while some media reported that in one of the incidents the participants were incited to celebrate.

Official reaction was almost universal in condemning the attacks, even among countries considered hostile to the U.S. such as Libya, North Korea and Syria. [3] In Iran for example thousands participated in candlelit vigils, while a minute's silence was held at Tehran's football stadium. [4]The sole exception was Iraq, which said of the attacks that ""The American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity."[5] Saddam Hussein would later offer sympathy to the Americans killed in the attacks.[6].

Reports and images of Palestinians from East Jerusalem and the West Bank taking to the streets in jubilation, chanting 'Allāhu Akbar' (God is (the) greatest), passing along sweets in praise of Bin Laden (The US primary suspect[7]), honking car horns, holding up the V sign for victory and holding up Palestinian flags were broadcast around the world, and most American networks aired the images. In addition, many newspapers, magazines, Web sites and wire services ran photographs of the festivities.[8][9][10](VIDEO)

On the day of the attacks, The Times (British) and Fox News (American) reported that 3,000 celebrants were pouring into the streets of Nablus and dozens of people were celebrating in the traditional gesture of handing out sweets. [11] FOX News adds that in Ein el-Hilweh (Lebanon), where about 75,000 Palestinians live, and also in Rashidiyeh camp south of Tyre, revelers fired weapons in the air.[12]

The Times also writes that Nawal Abdel Fatah, a Palestinian woman (age 48) wearing a long black dress, was quoted saying she was happy because "America is the head of the snake, America always stands by Israel in its war against us". Her daughter Maysoon (age 22), expressed hopes that the next attack would be against Tel Aviv.

[ Palestinian Authority reaction

The Palestinian Authority, which had immediately condemned the September 11th attacks, moved to censor further reports of public celebrations, claiming that they were unrepresentative of the Palestinian people. The Palestinian information minister Yasser Abed Rabbo said the Palestinian Authority would not allow "a few kids" to "smear the real face of the Palestinians". Ahmed Abdel Rahman, Arafat's Cabinet secretary, said the Palestinian Authority could not "guarantee the life" of an Associated Press cameraman if footage he filmed of post-9/11 celebrations was broadcast. Rahman's statement prompted a formal protest from the AP bureau chief, Dan Perry.[14][15][10].

A few days after the September 11th attacks, Yasser Arafat symbolically donated blood for victims of the attacks.[16]

[edit] Palestinian Media Reaction

While the celebrations and ensuing controversy were widely covered in the United States and Europe, Arab condemnations of the attacks and the celebrations went widely unreported. The Palestinian media, however, quickly condemned the celebrations as an unrepresentative example of public opinion that was being exploited to vilify the Palestinian people. The lead editorial in Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, for example, wrote:

"Those ignorant few who did that [celebrate] do not represent our public opinion. In fact, such ignorant behavior might have happened in other parts of the world, but unfortunately the cameras did not reach them..." [17]

[edit] Authenticity

Palestinian children, celebrating the September 11 attacks.

There was an urban legend that the footage of some Palestinians celebrating the attacks was rebroadcast footage of Palestinian reactions to the invasion of Kuwait, a decade prior to 2001.[18] This rumor was proven false shortly afterwards,[19] and CNN issued a statement to that fact.[20]

I've just realized I have a problem reading blue words. I already knew I had the problem with Red. Either is fine for stating a case against something else, if not too large.

To answer a post in either, well.

Celebrations of the September 11, 2001 attacks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

please highlight, in a color that Kathianne can read, where the tens of thousands figure is listed in your wiki article or is that just more of "write's" sloppy poetic license?

I'll wait.

An in-depth understanding, a deep compassion, and enduring empathy is not required to recognize an enemy. And in fact, people who immerse themselves in the culture of an enemy are really likely to get killed.

An in-depth understanding, a deep compassion, and enduring empathy is not required to recognize an enemy. And in fact, people who immerse themselves in the culture of an enemy are really likely to get killed.

so, I take it you join Alpha as a member of "the only good raghead is a dead raghead" club?

YOu apparently think nothing of his trying to conflate RGS's bullshit assertion that there are "THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of Iranians that would willingly conduct terror attacks" with the article about the Sudan protest march? You apparently have no problem with his out and out LIE about thousands of muslims celebrating 9/11?

I guess I hadn't put you in the camp until now.

Actually, no. I think the "ragheads", as you so thoughtfully call them, by and large want us to wipe out the animals that are terrorizing their people and ours....

Actually, no. I think the "ragheads", as you so thoughtfully call them, by and large want us to wipe out the animals that are terrorizing their people and ours....

that is not what your pals Alpha and RGS seem to think. they think that tens of thousands of people danced in the streets throughout the islamic world when we were attacked. They think that there are thousands upon thousands of Iranians trained by their government to carry out terrorist attacks against us. Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas.

and you clearly have never read Sun Tzu.

and how many Iraqis were amongst the 9/11 terrorists? I would suggest that, from the average Iraqi's perspective, after our delightful "shock and awe" start to this war, we look a hell of a lot more like terrorist to them then they should look to us.

Forum List

Back