Question for mechanics?

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
1717598779560.png

I sure don't know?? .. :dunno:

Last edited:
LOL, I never thought about this. If my husband is fixing something for me he asks me to get him stuff like "can you get me a pair of pliers". I always assumed it's because he knows I'll bring several not know which kind he's asking for. He's given up with proper names of screwdrivers for me and now uses plus and minus...:auiqs.jpg:

Pliers are "a pair of matching parts that fold together to grasp an object." One of these parts is not
a plier, but two of them make a pair of pliers. The English language retains the idea of a "pair", where something is necessarily matched, like shoes or glasses. The hinged parts of pliers are necessarily paired, and one piece lacks functionality without the other piece.

But I just call them a pair of "knuckle-busters."

LOL, I never thought about this. If my husband is fixing something for me he asks me to get him stuff like "can you get me a pair of pliers". I always assumed it's because he knows I'll bring several not know which kind he's asking for. He's given up with proper names of screwdrivers for me and now uses plus and minus...:auiqs.jpg:

This is all your husband's fault ... you're right bringing slip-joint, channel lock, needle nose, side cutters and lineman's pliers ... two of each ...

Sounds like a man who doesn't do dishes ...

We have achieved equilibrium in our marriage.
She never brings me the right tool.
And still can't load the dishwasher correctly. ... :thup:

Forum List

Back