Zone1 Question for my Orthodox Jewish Friends….

What did I do? I didn't order to potato soup with bacon in it. How is that evil on my part? Heck, her Jewish family was sitting there.
When did you first see the bacon in the potato soup?

Here is another scenario. For example, if a family member with a known allergy to peanuts begins to eat something that you recognize was made with peanut oil or Szechuan sauce, would you say nothing and allow your relative to take another bite?

In this case, you were well aware the Jewish lady observed a kosher diet, yet you remained silent and continued to let her eat a non-Kosher soup. You even thought it was funny. You knew this lady was as serious about her Kosher diet as would someone with a peanut allergy be serious about what they ate. You let one continue to eat but would warn the other?

As soon as you knew, why wouldn't you say, "This is not a Kosher soup! Please allow me to replace it." Wouldn't you say as much to a relative who had a peanut allergy?

You can disagree. But, you are wrong. You weren't there. And, you are the "death" angel Satan and therefore you automatically can't tell the truth...
If you would do that to someone who honors GOD'S law than you are a VILE human being to even try to excuse your sin.

You have no idea why I chose this name.

Was the "death angel" who "passed over" the land of Egypt, Satan? You have so much to learn, but you try to teach others

When did you first see the bacon in the potato soup?

Here is another scenario. For example, if a family member with a known allergy to peanuts begins to eat something that you recognize was made with peanut oil or Szechuan sauce, would you say nothing and allow your relative to take another bite?

In this case, you were well aware the Jewish lady observed a kosher diet, yet you remained silent and continued to let her eat a non-Kosher soup. You even thought it was funny. You knew this lady was as serious about her Kosher diet as would someone with a peanut allergy be serious about what they ate. You let one continue to eat but would warn the other?

As soon as you knew, why wouldn't you say, "This is not a Kosher soup! Please allow me to replace it." Wouldn't you say as much to a relative who had a peanut allergy?
Her entire family was with her. They didn’t tell her in fear she’d barf and embarrass herself. I didn’t order the soup. I got the locks, bagels and cream cheese. And, the bacon wasn’t going to kill her ir put her life in danger. The peanut analogy doesn’t work in this case. F minus on the logic front 😁

If you would do that to someone who honors GOD'S law than you are a VILE human being to even try to excuse your sin.

You have no idea why I chose this name.

Was the "death angel" who "passed over" the land of Egypt, Satan? You have so much to learn, but you try to teach others
How stupid can you possibly be? I did nothing. I didn’t order it. I didn’t suggest it. No one knew bacon was in it until she had eaten it. Her entire family was there and it just didn’t seem right to embarrass her. It won’t kill her. She didn’t eat it to disrespect God. You people simply don’t understand the spirit of the law. Just the stupid letter of the law.

Her entire family was with her. They didn’t tell her in fear she’d barf and embarrass herself. I didn’t order the soup. I got the locks, bagels and cream cheese. And, the bacon wasn’t going to kill her ir put her life in danger. The peanut analogy doesn’t work in this case. F minus on the logic front 😁
No need to be defensive. While I knew you would not like my analogy, judging from your reaction, the point hit home. Knowing someone's diet limitations you did nothing, you laughed, and further you share your "funny" story in a thread that is clearly about celebrating a Kosher meal. Now, to top it off, you make a point that you, a non-Jew was not the one eating bacon, but something that would pass as a Kosher meal.

I'll tell you what. When you bow out of this thread, so will I. The thread would benefit if we were both quiet onlookers of a Jewish gathering.

No need to be defensive. While I knew you would not like my analogy, judging from your reaction, the point hit home. Knowing someone's diet limitations you did nothing, you laughed, and further you share your "funny" story in a thread that is clearly about celebrating a Kosher meal. Now, to top it off, you make a point that you, a non-Jew was not the one eating bacon, but something that would pass as a Kosher meal.

I'll tell you what. When you bow out of this thread, so will I. The thread would benefit if we were both quiet onlookers of a Jewish gathering.
Thank you. Cougarbear also made a suggestion that I bring potato soup with bacon when I asked Orthodox Jews on this forum what to bring to a strictly kosher Shabbat dinner with Chasidic Jews. Clearly, he is mocking Jews and their practices - and on a thread having nothing to do with him.

I’ve been back and forth many times with you with the same results. You cannot comprehend what you read. I and everyone else at the table had no knowledge of what was in the soup when she ordered it. Only after she marveled at the great flavor wanting to know what it was, we thought it better not to tell her and have her upset over it. If her Jewish family knew and didn’t say anything why would you conclude it was my fault of anything?

Thank you. Cougarbear also made a suggestion that I bring potato soup with bacon when I asked Orthodox Jews on this forum what to bring to a strictly kosher Shabbat dinner with Chasidic Jews. Clearly, he is mocking Jews and their practices - and on a thread having nothing to do with him.
I was happy to hear that you had such a good time last Saturday, and that it was relaxing for you, too. I am another whose nerves go on high alert the first time I will be in a different environment. What caught my eye, especially, is that when bringing flowers, it is thoughtful to have them there before a certain time.

I’ve been back and forth many times with you with the same results. You cannot comprehend what you read. I and everyone else at the table had no knowledge of what was in the soup when she ordered it. Only after she marveled at the great flavor wanting to know what it was, we thought it better not to tell her and have her upset over it. If her Jewish family knew and didn’t say anything why would you conclude it was my fault of anything?
I didn't conclude it was your fault. I concluded you did nothing when you might have. Even so, I did not find that nearly as distasteful as I found relating that story in this particular thread. And no, you haven't been back and forth with me "many times". I tend to avoid you.

What did I do? I didn't order to potato soup with bacon in it. How is that evil on my part? Heck, her Jewish family was sitting there.
No, but you suggested I bring a dish with bacon to an ultra-Orthodox dinner. Why would you interject into a conversation to make fun of kosher Jews?

I didn't conclude it was your fault. I concluded you did nothing when you might have. Even so, I did not find that nearly as distasteful as I found relating that story in this particular thread. And no, you haven't been back and forth with me "many times". I tend to avoid you.
I never avoid you because the only way to not fall into tyranny is to always listen to the other's point of view. Never to be tyrannical. And, you just blamed me again thinking I should have told her. And, for lack of comprehension again, you ignore that I did not order the same soup so I had no idea. She we well into the bowl of soup when she made her statements. So, I did do something. I did not attempt to embarrass her by telling her she was sinning for eating pork. Neither did anyone else including her Jewish family and friends. Sometimes it's better not to say anything.

You said Jesus was a Jewish man. So, I'm not off topic. As a Rabbi, he said that all things are clean that once were deemed not clean. He was referring to the Kosher laws. And, it's interesting that the Kosher laws are now different amongst different sects of Jews. Orthodox, Conservatives, Reform. Can't seem to get it straight? Why is that? The answer is simple. Like Christianity, Jews haven't had a prophet or an apostle for a couple thousand years or more. Kinda just blowing in the wind.

Why not practice your faith and leave them in peace? I'm sure God has it worked out.

so true----but unlike the various sects of "CHRISTIANITY" ----they don't murder each other
According to Biblical tradition, the Israelites were divided into 12 tribes and the Israelite Samaritans say they are descended from three of them: Menasseh, Ephraim and Levi.
How did the Jews treat the Samaritans? They hated them. How do they treat them today? Still reject them and hate them. Yet, they were the ten tribes of Israel.
Interesting to note, The Book of Mormon starts with Lehi and his family leaving Jerusalem and were descendants of Joseph through Menasseh. Another man whose family came to the America's with Lehi was Ishmael, a descendant of Ephraim. His daughters married Lehi's sons. Most of the members today receive their Patriarchal Blessings from a Patriarch prophet who gives them their lineage. And, most are of the tribe or Ephraim or Menasseh.

According to Biblical tradition, the Israelites were divided into 12 tribes and the Israelite Samaritans say they are descended from three of them: Menasseh, Ephraim and Levi.
How did the Jews treat the Samaritans? They hated them. How do they treat them today? Still reject them and hate them. Yet, they were the ten tribes of Israel.
Interesting to note, The Book of Mormon starts with Lehi and his family leaving Jerusalem and were descendants of Joseph through Menasseh. Another man whose family came to the America's with Lehi was Ishmael, a descendant of Ephraim. His daughters married Lehi's sons. Most of the members today receive their Patriarchal Blessings from a Patriarch prophet who gives them their lineage. And, most are of the tribe or Ephraim or Menasseh.

Did Joseph Smith write that story?

Forum List

Back