🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

It is a fact.

Mississippi Gov. Tate Reeves (R) on Sunday refused to rule out the possibility that his state would ban certain forms of contraception, sidestepping questions about what would happen next if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

• Republican legislators in Louisiana are working on an abortion ban that would “arguably criminalize in vitro fertilization and forms of birth control.”
  • Republican legislators in Idaho are currently weighing new restrictions on some forms of contraception.
  • Republican Sen. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee recently denounced Griswold v. Connecticut, a 1965 case that struck down a state law that restricted married couples’ access to birth control.
  • Each of the Republican candidates running for state attorney general in Michigan also denounced the Griswold precedent.
  • Blake Masters, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate in Arizona, not only denounced the Griswold precedent, he’s told voters that he’ll only vote to confirm judges who agree with him.

Artificial birth control is immoral and should be banned.

No one is killing babies. Women have a right to control their bodies.

Sure, but they don't have the right to kill another human because they feel it may be inconvenient. Abortion to save the life of the mother and when a fetus is viable are topics up for debate. The idea that a woman has a right to do as she wishes regardless of other factors is nonsense.

Bullshit, what I endorse is personal rights for people to descide when they want to have children, while you want to intrude in their life and force them into what you think they should do based on a religious dogma.
Yes, you are right. I endorse "personal rights for people to decide when they want to have children". If you are not ready to have children, there are many ways to accomplish that.
1) Don't have sex
2) Use a condom
3) Use a birth control pill.
4) Use an IUD.

Then, if all else fails, you can always give up the baby for adoption.

For decades, I have wondered why the the leftist leaders fights tooth and nail to keep abortion legal.
There's the reason they put forth, that they care about women's health which is obviously nonsense. Camouflage to hide the real reason.

But what IS the real reason?

1) Is it money? Is it driven by the billion dollar abortion mill industry led by PP?
2) Is it political power? Does the left think blacks value abortion so much, they have to fight to keep it legal in exchange for votes? I find it hard to believe abortion would be THAT important to blacks.
3) Is it a ideological, meaning is it a tool of the Marxist left to create the notion that devaluing human life is acceptable, thereby setting the table for a Marxist takeover?

I'm really not sure. Does anyone know the answer?

Leftism is a death cult.

IMO, these are also issues that should be decided at the state level by more locally elected representatives. Less power at the federal level and more local representation are good things in my book. The US is a very large country. The values, in general, of people in CA are very different from the values of people in MS.

Hard to do that though.

What happens with someone who is on vacation in a state the outlawed birth control and they are found with birth control pills? Are they charged and jailed?

What happens to the married couple that are driving through a state and get in a car accident and the state refuses to recognize their marriage and does not let one make medical decisions for the other?

Bullshit. It's science. I had heart surgery and was on a bypass machine. My heart wasn't beating for a while when it was stopped because of tachycardia, and then restarted. Was I a living human being?

You really are stupid. That is ridiculous.

Doctors make MORE money when a woman carries the child to term and delivers the baby in hospital. Thousands, versus hundreds.

Abortion rights are important to poor people with no insurance, who can ill afford to bear and raise another child. 75% of abortions are related to the financial circumstances of the woman and her family.

Abortion doesn't devalue human life. Abortion has existed since the beginning of time because there are times throughout history when a woman is in no position to have a baby. During times of famine or war, or migration, the chances of both mother and child surviving were slim and none. But a woman on her own might survive.

God gave women that choice, but the US government would take it away.
Abortion doesn't devalue human life.

Unless you are the baby getting his/her brains sucked out of your skull.

There is no question to it. Every "Fetus" that is aborted goes directly to Heaven since he (she) never had the chance to accept or reject Jesus as Lord and savior. That also applies to a baby or anyone who dies before reaching accountability.
And you want to put your crazy religious ideas into law.

Dont be mad at me because im not as illiterate as you.
[sic] :lol:

Maybe you should have used proper terminology.
What part of "No one forced them to get pregnant" is the wrong terminology, exactly?

So, do you want to force women to take contraceptives or not? Yes or no?
Of course not. I have long advocated on this board for more contraception education, dipshit. In fact, one of the links I provided said that is desperately needed.

The solution to half of all abortions being the result of no birth control being used screams itself, except to dense comprehension failures in people like yourself.

Forum List

Back