Question I've Always Wondered: Why is the Left So Adamant about Abortion Remaining Legal?

Agree or disagree: without the scientific definition, there is no societal definition.

The very idea of gender is based off of the scientific definition of sex. Sex/gender are interchangeable terms, therefore.
So, why do I need a link when science is the basis for the societal definition? If the scientific definition changes, so will the societal definition.

So you believe abortion should be legal right up to minute before birth?
I don't see how you come to that conclusion form the given. Third trimester is the gray area and I belive abortion should be heavily regulated here.
Yes, you are right. I endorse "personal rights for people to decide when they want to have children". If you are not ready to have children, there are many ways to accomplish that.
1) Don't have sex
2) Use a condom
3) Use a birth control pill.
4) Use an IUD.

Then, if all else fails, you can always give up the baby for adoption.
5) Have an Abortion - you want to take away that freedom? Lets see a good reason and no, I'm not interested in your unreasoned religion.

Any human biology textbook, really.

That wasn't hard.

Sex/gender are both interchangeable and determined by science.

Without the scientific definition, the societal definition cannot exist.

How do you come up with that?

Societal definitions don’t need any underpinning in science. One is biological, tbe other is societal.

I was curious and looked up sex and gender. Here is one view:

Sex refers to a set of biological attributes in humans and animals. It is primarily associated with physical and physiological features including chromosomes, gene expression, hormone levels and function, and reproductive/sexual anatomy. Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed.

Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people. It influences how people perceive themselves and each other, how they act and interact, and the distribution of power and resources in society. Gender identity is not confined to a binary (girl/woman, boy/man) nor is it static; it exists along a continuum and can change over time. There is considerable diversity in how individuals and groups understand, experience and express gender through the roles they take on, the expectations placed on them, relations with others and the complex ways that gender is institutionalized in society.

Societal definitions don’t need any underpinning in science. One is biological, tbe other is societal.

Sex refers to a set of biological attributes in humans and animals. It is primarily associated with physical and physiological features including chromosomes, gene expression, hormone levels and function, and reproductive/sexual anatomy. Sex is usually categorized as female or male but there is variation in the biological attributes that comprise sex and how those attributes are expressed.

Gender refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, expressions and identities of girls, women, boys, men, and gender diverse people. It influences how people perceive themselves and each other, how they act and interact, and the distribution of power and resources in society. Gender identity is not confined to a binary (girl/woman, boy/man) nor is it static; it exists along a continuum and can change over time. There is considerable diversity in how individuals and groups understand, experience and express gender through the roles they take on, the expectations placed on them, relations with others and the complex ways that gender is institutionalized in society.
Nobody cares what some KKKanadian left-tard outfit claims is science, Dumbass.

Agree or disagree: without the scientific definition, there is no societal definition.

The very idea of gender is based off of the scientific definition of sex. Sex/gender are interchangeable terms, therefore.
He denies science, like all Dimwingers. It’s all about feelz.

The societal definition is based on the scientific. How? The consensus of trust in science among the general public means their definition of gender will be based on the scientific definition of sex.

Therefore, the two words are interchangeable. What the human biology textbook says they will believe.

There are two known sex organs for Mammals.

Penis and Vagina are there any others?

The societal definition is based on the scientific. How? The consensus of trust in science among the general public means their definition of gender will be based on the scientific definition of sex.

Scientific is just x and y biology. It says nothing about behavior, societal expectations, cultural attitudes surrounding x and y. Otherwise why do some cultures have a third gender?

Therefore, the two words are interchangeable. What the human biology textbook says they will believe.

Seems that the life of the fetus is of paramount importance to the right and nothing else matters. I asked the hypothetical question in one of the innumerable abortion threads if they had a 12 year old daughter that was raped and impregnated, would they force her to carry the pregnancy to term? I only got a couple answers, but basically the answer was yes. Nobody was asking the questions I would expect - how would this impact my 12yo daughter? Would her life be in danger giving birth at such a young age? Would she be able to have children later in life with someone she loves, and not with a rapist? What about her mental well being? How is a 6th grader going to take care of a baby? Seems the right is more concerned about ensuring the birth of some gang banger rapist's demon spawn than they are about the rape victim. Yeah, sure.. the kid is going to grow up to be a saint and cure cancer.:rolleyes:

They don't care about the impact an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy might have to the woman or her family. They don't care about birth defects or any other factors that could come into play. They just call that an "inconvenience". Some are concerned about depopulation. There are nearly 8 billion people on planet Earth. We aren't in danger of running out.

The small government folks are just concerned about controlling the most basic of human rights. Some idiot even wanted to outlaw abortion in the case of ectopic pregnancies. Others want to enact travel restrictions, so women couldn't travel to a free state to take care of their problem. Bunch of fascist bastards.

Forum List

Back