Questions for those that would ban 'assault weapons'

Background checks are the law. And I see no one suggesting they be eliminated. Every Licensed firearm dealer MUST conduct a background check NO MATTER where he or she sells a firearm, that INCLUDES Gun shows. Remind us again about a non existent loop hole?

As for the supposed Assault weapon NOT one of you whiners has EVER described what makes a weapon an assault version.

Background checks are the law. And I see no one suggesting they be eliminated. Every Licensed firearm dealer MUST conduct a background check NO MATTER where he or she sells a firearm, that INCLUDES Gun shows. Remind us again about a non existent loop hole?

As for the supposed Assault weapon NOT one of you whiners has EVER described what makes a weapon an assault version.
A semi automatic firing system and a magazine with greater than ten rounds. That's what makes a weapon and 'assault weapon'.

A semi automatic firing system and a magazine with greater than ten rounds. That's what makes a weapon and 'assault weapon'.

That means the majority of semi auto hand guns are assault weapons?

If the assault weapons ban was so innocuous, as you admit in this thread, why the fuss?

Or, if the assault weapons ban was such an egregious 2nd amendment infringement, why wasn't it successfully challenged in court?
I’m sorry – I don’t see your answers to my questions.
Please do try again.

All court challenges to the 94 ban failed, miserably. You had your days in court and lost.
Please do try again.

I think for the record, as a reminder, it should be pointed out that the author of this thread, while he might be trying to pose as a reasonable advocate of gun rights,
believes all background checks are unconstitutional.
Please do try again.

Not according to the law.

What defines an assault weapon according to the law?

It seems that my definition could suffice. The factors I listed define a weapon that is offensive, not defensive. A weapon designed for maximum carnage, not sport. A weapon better suited for a well regulated militia than the streets of America.

It seems that my definition could suffice. The factors I listed define a weapon that is offensive, not defensive. A weapon designed for maximum carnage, not sport. A weapon better suited for a well regulated militia than the streets of America.

Actually all you specified is that a 10 round or bigger magazine make anything an assault weapon.

And since EVERY single male 17 to 46 is a member of the Militia then your reasoning is flawed, we all need those weapons.

I see you argue from ignorance. Not a surprise.
Let me help:
Assault weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems that my definition could suffice.
You cannot show your defintion to be anything other than abrbtrary; you also cannot show how such a ban would pass constitutional muuster.

Last edited:

And if I use a firearm, with a magazine capacity greater than 10, to defend my home from violent intruders, the weapon is a defensive one. Period.

It is use that determines whether a weapon is offensive or defensive. If someone defends their home or property with the weapon, it is, by definition, a defensive weapon.

So if I attack you, invade your home, and kill everyone in the house with a pair of revolvers, I was using defensive weapons?

By your definition they would be defensive weapons. Could I claim I was defending myself?

So, you agree that, under your incorrect interpretation of the 2nd, banning any sch class of firearm violates the constitution. Good!

Too bad you interpretation is, well, incorrect.

I would like for you to tell me the entire text of the second amendment, please

Just to, you know, make sure we are looking at the same version and not the incorrect one the NRA has engraved on their headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So, you agree that, under your incorrect interpretation of the 2nd, banning any sch class of firearm violates the constitution. Good!

Too bad you interpretation is, well, incorrect.

I would like for you to tell me the entire text of the second amendment, please

Just to, you know, make sure we are looking at the same version and not the incorrect one the NRA has engraved on their headquarters.
You are apparently unaware that this issue has been settled, with yiour view on the losing end.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
Anything else?

Yes.

I would like you to physically type out, or copy paste, the text of our amendment

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So if I attack you, invade your home, and kill everyone in the house with a pair of revolvers, I was using defensive weapons?

By your definition they would be defensive weapons. Could I claim I was defending myself?
I have been wondering why there is constant equivocation among gun nuts? You can't agree on simple definitions. If someone makes a statement about a clip, they are called idiots because the proper word is 'magazine'. You get all bogged down in semantics. I guess that makes it more palatable when news of another mass shooting goes gun lust salves the brutality and makes the corpses smell less like dead and more like game.

Last edited:
Yes.
I would like you to physically type out, or copy paste, the text of our amendment
Not sure what you hope to accomplish here other than put your willful ignorance on display, but...

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Now what?

I have been wondering why there is constant equivocation among gun nuts? You can't agree on simple definitions. If someone makes a statement about a clip, they are called idiots because the proper word is 'magazine'. You get all bogged done in semantics. I guess that makes it more palatable when news of another mass shooting goes gun lust salves the brutality and makes the corpses smell less like dead and more like game.
You didn't answer his questions.
Imagine that.

The left?

Listen....assholes. It is a numbers game. Nobody claims that a ban will prevent a nut from shooting up a school.

They most certainly did:

"We should be outraged at how easy it is" for attackers to get hold of the semi-automatic weapons or large-capacity magazines used in those slaughters, Feinstein told the event at the U.S. Capitol that she organized.

More: Father Of Sandy Hook Victim Brings Capitol Hill To Tears, Wants Assault Weapons Ban

More: Ban killer weapons and do it right now :
. But wouldn’t you rather prevent the deaths you can prevent?

Reduce the firepower. Not next month, not next week. Do it tomorrow.

But here is a fact. Not banning them will not prevent a nut from shooting up a school.

Not banning peanuts will not prevent a nut from shooting up a school either. You are using idiot logic.

Last edited:

I have been wondering why there is constant equivocation among gun nuts? You can't agree on simple definitions. If someone makes a statement about a clip, they are called idiots because the proper word is 'magazine'. You get all bogged done in semantics. I guess that makes it more palatable when news of another mass shooting goes gun lust salves the brutality and makes the corpses smell less like dead and more like game.

Nice sentiment, but once again you have avoided answering my question.

I asked you several times in another thread to show any source for your claims about the magazine capacity determining whether a firearm is offensive or defensive. Many military schools of thought consider any handgun to be a defensive weapon.

But you have not done anything but repeat your nonsense.

And yes, many of us who are gun buffs do tend to focus on the proper use of the terminology. If we were discussing drunk drivers and I said that no drunk should ever take the reins of a car, wouldn't you tell me there are no reins? Also, many of the terms that are misused are relatively simple and common terms in the gun world. The fact that they are misused shows a lack of knowledge about firearms. Do we really want someone who is ignorant of the most basic terms to be deciding gun policies?

If we were talking about the internet legislation, and I referred to the "telephone connection thingy", would you consider me knowledgeable enough to help make policy?

Forum List

Back