quick question for those claiming that because Trump isnt President anymore he couldnt declassify stuff in his possession

There is no set “procedure” for a President to declassify. He just says they are declassified and they are. Period.

And then?

How does anyone find out that the information they are holding as Top Secret is now unclassified?

If a President declassifies something and it is never recorded, did he really declassify it?

Per his staff…he had a standing order that any documents he took with him were “ declassified”.

Per Trump. He made that up. The staff knows that declassifying documents isn't based on a presidential whim . Their are protocols and other related documents are affected.

You're deflecting from my question.

WHEN did those documents arrive a Mar a Lago.

YOU claim they weren't' moved til after Biden took the Oath.

I claim you don't have a clue when they were moved,
It is said in the news that he moved those boxes the day he left office.

The fact remains that the National Archives had no report of any procedure done for Trump to take any of those classified and Top Secret documents with him as declassified.

I was not deflecting. You do not care for the actual answers to your questions because Trump must be innocent about this in your eyes. He could not possibly do something like this.

The National Archives and the laws of the USA say otherwise.

Take their word for it and learn about the laws of the US, in which Trump himself made it a felony to have declassified documents outside of the White House back in 2018.

Had they been declassified, they would have been marked declassified.

Not everything Trump took was declassified. Some of he would have declassified, which are not part of what the FBI took in January or this week. But the 27 boxes asked for and returned had not been declassified.

Per Trump. He made that up. The staff knows that declassifying documents isn't based on a presidential whim . Their are protocols and other related documents are affected.
For instance Trump tweeted that he was declassifying everything related to Crossfire Hurricane and his Chief of Staff Meadows walked that back almost immediately

There's your lie. It's in the warehouse.
I have no idea where you got that weird idea.

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china,flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them whenthey left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for$86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

Again. The president has the ultimate power to declassify records. Anytime…anyway. He makes the rules.

Nope. Trump was president of the United States not dictator. He has to follow the rules just like other presidents. Trump changed the law in 2017 making taking documents a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

Again. The president has the ultimate power to declassify records. Anytime…anyway. He makes the rules.
A President who is a Dictator, like Putin, and those from Hungary and Belarus and Venezuela, can move their wands and declassify anything at their will.

This is the USA, and there are rules governing how documents are handled, and what protocols and procedures are required in order to declassify them.

Comparing furniture to national security docs is the height of desperation
They had national security documents too. Im just pointing out that they also STOLE furniture. The Clintons are guilty of Trumps "crime", AND stealing shit.

I have no idea where you got that weird idea.

After they were criticized for taking $190,000 worth of china,flatware, rugs, televisions, sofas and other gifts with them whenthey left, the Clintons announced last week that they would pay for$86,000 worth of gifts, or nearly half the amount.

LOL

Trump stole Top Secret Documents
Bill Clinton stole a carpet

Guess that is the same

A President who is a Dictator, like Putin, and those from Hungary and Belarus and Venezuela, can move their wands and declassify anything at their will.

This is the USA, and there are rules governing how documents are handled, and what protocols and procedures are required in order to declassify them.
Take it up with the Supreme Court. It’s already been established. The president is the ultimate authority on declassifying records.

LOL

Guess that is the same
Hillary Clinton did too. At some point, your side HAS to address this complete inability to recognize hypocrisy. You make it way too easy on us to win debates. Like Trump said, we are getting bored with winning so much.

Do you think Trump snuck back into the white house after Biden was sworn in and took the stuff? If not then the simple fact remains that as President ANYTHING he wants can be declassified and all it takes is him to say so. No paper work no stamps just him saying it. So unless he snuck in after Biden was sworn in and took it then EVERYTHING he has and had was unclassified by the simple act of him taking it.
Lol, the president alone can not declassify documents dumb fuck. Amazing how this fat fuck con man has turned the entire so called conservative movement into two but drug dealers. I've been framed. It's a lie. I'm persecuted. Etc. Etc. Hilarious Add in giant Jewish space lasers, vampire pedo lizard people and you are the biggest fools to walk the planet since the beginning of time.

Hillary Clinton did too. At some point, your side HAS to address this complete inability to recognize hypocrisy. You make it way too easy on us to win debates. Like Trump said, we are getting bored with winning so much.

I can't understand why people are still choosing these sides. Your argument boils down to "your side is as bad as our side".

That's why we are in such a mess.

LOL

Guess that is the same
Trump didn’t steal anything. He can hold records for 5 years since they are not free for public view until that time Or he can petition to have them remain closed to the public for up to 12 years if he chooses to.

[ The Clintons returned what was asked of them, without being forced to do so. That is the difference. ]

The Clinton White House furnishings in question, which were donated in 1993, included two sofas, an easy chair and an ottoman, worth $19,900, from Steve Mittman; a kitchen table and four chairs, valued at $3,650, from Lee Ficks; a $2,843 sofa from Brad Noe; $1,170 in lamps from Stuart Schiller; and a $1,000 needlepoint rug from David Martinous, according to the Post.

Mittman, Noe and Joy Ficks, the widow of Lee Ficks, told the Post that their donations were gifts to the White House, not the Clintons. The contributions were intended to complement a 1993 White House redecoration project.

That was apparently news to the Clintons and their transition team, which said that they were not aware that the gifts were not intended to go to them.

“All of these items were considered gifts to us,” Hillary Clinton said in 2001, according the Post. She added, “That’s what the permanent record of the White House showed. … But if there is a different intent, we will certainly honor the intention of the donor.”

(full article online)

You keep saying that, but where is the law you claim says that?
How would all of government, who uses these documents, KNOW they have been declassified, if their Government classifications were NEVER reclassified and Marked, with their declassification date, and the president's signature?

The fact remains that the National Archives had no report of any procedure done for Trump to take any of those classified and Top Secret documents with him as declassified.

I was not deflecting. You do not care for the actual answers to your questions because Trump must be innocent about this in your eyes. He could not possibly do something like this.

The National Archives and the laws of the USA say otherwise.

Take their word for it and learn about the laws of the US, in which Trump himself made it a felony to have declassified documents outside of the White House back in 2018.

Had they been declassified, they would have been marked declassified.

Not everything Trump took was declassified. Some of he would have declassified, which are not part of what the FBI took in January or this week. But the 27 boxes asked for and returned had not been declassified.

Right. Which 'news'?

MSDNC?
CNN?
AP?
UPI?
Reuters?

I was not deflecting.

Bullshit
you do not care for the actual answers to your questions because Trump must be innocent about this in your eyes.

bud, I didn't want Trump in the WH in the first place.

but after 2 bullshit impeachments, accusations of inciting an insurrection, (more bullshit, it started as a protest), and now this crap, I"m wondering just what the democrats are going to come up with next.

That aside, I've never voted for Trump, and never will.

Even to keep Hillary, Biden, or even Harris out of the WH

Trump didn’t steal anything. He can hold records for 5 years since they are not free for public view until that time Or he can petition to have them remain closed to the public for up to 12 years if he chooses to.

Clinton did nor steal anything
They were gifts

Forum List

Back