Race and the Juvenile Justice System

Grow a beard. Get a big ass cane and LEAD THEM out !!!! :mm: With marble tablets in your arms.

I'll suggest a few great places around here for ANY income level.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Cheerleader Kat... where is your cheerleading uniform?

Oh I have it on. Repetition ad nauseum drives me up a wall. Had to do something. :eusa_eh:

the-nfl-on-halloween_2_1.jpg
:lmao:

Poor education results ARE a form of racism to some extent. MOSTLY because the Govt GIVES UP on Black children and assumes they are gonna fail. They CONSTANTLY lower expectations. .....

How so, specifically?

The older I get the more this crap pisses me off followed by intermittent bouts of hopelessness.

People spend an inordinate amount of time focused on arrests but pay zero attention to the criminal background.

Poverty is a factor and illegal immigration displaces low wage earners.It is still ok for offshoring or outsourcing jobs. H1B visas get approval. It's still ok to outsource R & D.

You know that mental health is a factor but refuse to demand that it is available. You know PTSD is an issue after watching violence or being impacted by violence and yet resources are not provided. Hell support groups for family members of a murdered loved one aren't often available.

You know that there are areas of violent gangbanging but refuse to lock these lovely individuals up. There is one really successful program that deals with young kids involved in gangs. One. Does anyone research and copy cat it? No. Instead states may only allow juvenile offenders to participate in those residential facilities in their own state. Does anyone demand the criteria be changed for those facilities in their own state? No.

You know there is a school to prison pipeline but do not demand the local school board make changes.

You know that schools are now motivated by high stakes testing that is geared towards one type of learning style. Do you change it? No.

You know after school activities help tremendously. Are they available? Not often and/or it costs too much for involvement and/or transportation is an issue.

All things that could be done and should be done long before a kid is arrested but nobody gives a damn. It's far easier for people to look to the courts and say, "You should do something about this.Except that. Or that. Or that. Definitely not that." I am now convinced that anything else would require actual work and nobody wants to do that shit.

Last edited:
The older I get the more this crap pisses me off followed by intermittent bouts of hopelessness.

People spend an inordinate amount of time focused on arrests but pay zero attention to the criminal background.

Poverty is a factor and illegal immigration displaces low wage earners.It is still ok for offshoring or outsourcing jobs. H1B visas get approval. It's still ok to outsource R & D.

You know that mental health is a factor but refuse to demand that it is available. You know PTSD is an issue after watching violence or being impacted by violence and yet resources are not provided. Hell support groups for family members of a murdered loved one aren't often available.

You know that there are areas of violent gangbanging but refuse to lock these lovely individuals up. There is one really successful program that deals with young kids involved in gangs. One. Does anyone research and copy cat it? No. Instead states may only allow juvenile offenders to participate in those residential facilities in their own state. Does anyone demand the criteria be changed for those facilities in their own state? No.

You know there is a school to prison pipeline but do not demand the local school board make changes.

You know that schools are now motivated by high stakes testing that is geared towards one type of learning style. Do you change it? No.

You know after school activities help tremendously. Are they available? Not often and/or it costs too much for involvement and/or transportation is an issue.

All things that could be done and should be done long before a kid is arrested but nobody gives a damn. It's far easier for people to look to the courts and say, "You should do something about this.Except that. Or that. Or that. Definitely not that." I am now convinced that anything else would require actual work and nobody wants to do that shit.

Care to stop and consider HOW to do those things, or think about why or how they may or may not work in different places and circumstances?

Care to stop and consider HOW to do those things, or think about why or how they may or may not work in different places and circumstances?

I have.

I have.

Do tell.

I have.

Do tell.

Pick one.

I have.

Do tell.

Pick one.

Your assumptions about education.

I have.

Do tell.

Pick one.

I will be more than happy to do that because it's quick.

Many schools have School Resource Officers (SRO) and have enacted Zero Tolerance policies. Two kids get in a fight both are arrested or one kid gets jumped by three people and all are arrested There is no who started it and why. There are principals that strongly feel that they don't have to deal with that and it's not their problem. There are those principals that are prevented by the school board through policy from being able to intervene and take those matters into their own hands. In fact, there are those schools that have policy that have gone so far as to nail the kids if they get jumped on the way home from school. I am not an advocate of removing SROs because there are circumstances where arrests are more than warranted.
School Pathways to the Juvenile Justice System - National Council of ...
https://www.ncjfcj.org/sites/default/files/NCJFCJ_SchoolPathways_TAB_Final_0.pdf

High stake testing has narrowed the curriculum and has filtered itself down to elementary students. Thus, kindergarten has become more academic and teachers make referrals to pediatricians for ADHD where they are prescribed drugs to "focus". Subsequently, there are many children who are misdiagnosed and labeled. Parents who desperately want their children to be successful will do whatever they are told is necessary to help their kid achieve academic success.

High stakes testing focuses on one type of learning style and there is a lot of cash in those babies. It narrows the curriculum and great lesson plans get kicked to the curb due to time restraints. The teachers are having to teach to the test. Those tests focus on one type of learning style and test taking. Gardner's multiple intelligence theory has shown success when implemented. Kids need to buy into the school community and their own potential. There are schools that will throw kids out around testing time.

Does truancy belong in your courts? This is a status offense.

I have.

Do tell.

Pick one.

Many schools have School Resource Officers (SRO) and have enacted Zero Tolerance policies. Two kids get in a fight both are arrested or one kid gets jumped by three people and all are arrested There is no who started it and why. There are principals that strongly feel that they don't have to deal with that and it's not their problem. There are those principals that are prevented by the school board through policy from being able to intervene and take those matters into their own hands. In fact, there are those schools ....

"there are those schools," meaning there are also those that do not?

High stake testing has narrowed the curriculum ....

High stakes testing focuses on one type of learning style and there is a lot of cash in those babies. It narrows the curriculum and great lesson plans get kicked to the curb due to time restraints. The teachers are having to teach to the test. ....

Have you been told to throw out great lesson plans and only teach to a test? Have you been told to disregard individual learning styles in your classroom?

Could you list 5 or 6 countries that seem to be outperforming American public schools?

It can't be poverty. Everyone with a brain knows that robbing liquor stores and gas stations, or other stupid crap blacks do to wind up behind bars, is a terrible way to make money. Spend a few hours robbing a gas station for $200, then 2 years behind bars, followed by a lifetime of disqualification from many employment opportunities. An absolutely TERRIBLE deal.

No, it's not underemployment, poverty, opportunity, or any of that other crap. It's genetics and genetic stupidity snowballs as you have stupid, criminal parents educating their already mentally challenged black kids. Just look at any black country out there: shitholes.

It's exactly poverty.

It's the desperation that leads to hopelessness. It's the knowledge that there is no way to get the education and the experience that it would take to compete with others in order to secure the employment to pay the way out of hole you're in.

It's so easy to say "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" but in real life, most people don't have that strength.

Education should be available to all in the way President Obama described - if you want university, it should available. Trade school? Same thing.

Other countries do and the US should be able to as well.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It can't be poverty. Everyone with a brain knows that robbing liquor stores and gas stations, or other stupid crap blacks do to wind up behind bars, is a terrible way to make money. Spend a few hours robbing a gas station for $200, then 2 years behind bars, followed by a lifetime of disqualification from many employment opportunities. An absolutely TERRIBLE deal.

No, it's not underemployment, poverty, opportunity, or any of that other crap. It's genetics and genetic stupidity snowballs as you have stupid, criminal parents educating their already mentally challenged black kids. Just look at any black country out there: shitholes.

It's exactly poverty.

It's the desperation that leads to hopelessness. It's the knowledge that there is no way to get the education and the experience that it would take to compete with others in order to secure the employment to pay the way out of hole you're in.

It's so easy to say "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" but in real life, most people don't have that strength.

Education should be available to all in the way President Obama described - if you want university, it should available. Trade school? Same thing.

Other countries do and the US should be able to as well.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Actually, people do have the strength, as long as the government isn't working against them.

Which it is, in most countries around the world..and now in this country too.

Many schools have School Resource Officers (SRO) and have enacted Zero Tolerance policies. Two kids get in a fight both are arrested or one kid gets jumped by three people and all are arrested There is no who started it and why. There are principals that strongly feel that they don't have to deal with that and it's not their problem. There are those principals that are prevented by the school board through policy from being able to intervene and take those matters into their own hands. In fact, there are those schools ....

Were you dropped on your head?

Many times. Now, can you answer my questions?

Pick one.

Many times. Now, can you answer my questions?

There are those indicates there are schools that do not. Comprehension problem?

Forum List

Back