🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Racist jailed for spewing online abuse.

Well that is the entirety of your objection. If you cant say it to someones [sic] face you shouldnt [sic] be able to cower behind a keyboard and say it.

You British Filth have no place from which to tell us Americans what we should or should not be able to do. We fought two wars to establish this, and should it become necessary to fight a third war for this purpose, a likely result would be that your dirty shithole of a country would completely cease to exist.

Your posts tempt me to wish that the U.S. would invade and conquered the U.K., and oppress your people the same way your people once tried to oppress us.

But you seem to be doing very well at doing this to yourselves, anyway, without our help.

Did they call for violent revenge against the players?

Have you ever seen how Philly Fans treat opposing players of all colors?
I dont think that you get it. It sounds like the Philly fans abuse opposing players because they are opposing players. These youngsters were abused because they are black. There is a profound difference and perhaps you should think about it.

I dont think that you get it. It sounds like the Philly fans abuse opposing players because they are opposing players. These youngsters were abused because they are black. There is a profound difference and perhaps you should think about it.
I do get it. Our first amendment rights are protected, and sometimes that means we have to put up with some assholes who hurl vulgar insults at good people for no reason at all.

Back int the early 2000’s the Cubs had this right fielder by the name of Jones and fans were using racial slurs at him during home games ( no not me because I was in Texas ) and yet they were not arrested and why?

Freedom of Speech and no matter how much I might dislike the idea of idiot using such vulgar terms it is their right here in the States…

Now we both know if I were in England I would be in prison for life!

Back int the early 2000’s the Cubs had this right fielder by the name of Jones and fans were using racial slurs at him during home games ( no not me because I was in Texas ) and yet they were not arrested and why?

Freedom of Speech and no matter how much I might dislike the idea of idiot using such vulgar terms it is their right here in the States…

Now we both know if I were in England I would be in prison for life!
10 weeks.

I do get it. Our first amendment rights are protected, and sometimes that means we have to put up with some assholes who hurl vulgar insults at good people for no reason at all.
You dont have to put up with it and I suggest that it drags your country down to not have sensible restrictions. You have libel and slander laws in the states so the rights are not absolute.

Being able to racially abuse people is not an appropriate use of your freedom of expression. It is exploiting that right. The people who do so are scum.

Is describing people as monkeys that important to you ?

No. Free speech is that important to me.

Personally, I find racism and the hate speech that accompanies it vile and reprehensible. That beings said, I cannot fathom living in a society that polices a person's thoughts, attempts to control a person's thoughts through incarceration, and does not defend a person's right to be a perfect asshole.

Words and thoughts are ethereal, they have no power, save the power those who hear them allow.

What Mr. Best did says more about him than it does the players. Jail time will make him a martyr among his like minded peers, a hero. Better to have left it be and let him be ostracized by those in his life that disagree.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”S.G. Tallentyre

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”Benjamin Franklin

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”George Washington

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”George Orwell

I dont know where you live but here in the UK if someone stands in front of you and uses abusive language it only leads to one thing. That is provocation.
Yeah, my country has similar laws. Needless to say, they virtually are not used on practice.

No. Free speech is that important to me.

Personally, I find racism and the hate speech that accompanies it vile and reprehensible. That beings said, I cannot fathom living in a society that polices a person's thoughts, attempts to control a person's thoughts through incarceration, and does not defend a person's right to be a perfect asshole.

Words and thoughts are ethereal, they have no power, save the power those who hear them allow.

What Mr. Best did says more about him than it does the players. Jail time will make him a martyr among his like minded peers, a hero. Better to have left it be and let him be ostracized by those in his life that disagree.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”United Nations, Universal Declaration of Human Rights

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”S.G. Tallentyre

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.”Benjamin Franklin

“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”George Washington

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”George Orwell
But you have restrictions on free speech in the US.. You have laws on libel and slander. Where is the difference ? Racism is easily defineable and easily provable. Its a cancer on our society.

Forum List

Back