Rand Paul is more socially liberal than Romney, where is the outrage?

Super_Lantern

VIP Member
Jun 2, 2013
Rand Paul keeps winning polls for who the GOP 2016 nominee should be while Romney had to go through hell to show he was 'conservative' enough to be the 2012 GOP nominee. You all really think Rand Paul is more conservative than Mitt?

Mitt should run again. It would be the most amazing victory story and all of you Rand Paul supporters are sheep jumping on a band wagon if you criticized Mitt's conservativeness.

Which policy do you think Paul is more liberal than Mitt on?

Quite frankly I'd be happy if either of them was in office.

It seems to me like people tolerate it from Paul because he's perceived as actually having that position, i.e. that the government shouldn't dictate certain things, whereas Romney is viewed as believing that the government should dictate social issues, but caved on them to Democrats.

Are democrats still making it up as they go along?

Rand Paul on abortion
Rand Paul on the Issues

•Thousands of exceptions follow from maternal health. (May 2013)
•Coarsening of our culture led to 50 million unborn deaths. (Sep 2012)
•My opponents call me libertarian but I'm pro-life. (Feb 2011)
•Life begins at conception. (Jul 2010)
•Opposes federal abortion funding. (Aug 2010)
•Prohibit federal funding for abortion. (May 2011)

Rand Paul on same sex marriage.
•Redefining marriage leads to economic and moral problems. (Jun 2013)
•No national law on same-sex marriage; leave it to states. (May 2013)
•Let states decide same-sex marriage; don't federalize it. (Mar 2013)
•Illegal to impose racial segregation in the private sector. (May 2010)
•Opposes same-sex marriage. (Nov 2009)
•Voted NO on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
•Opposes affirmative action. (Aug 2010)
•Supports Amendment to prevent same sex marriage. (Aug 2010)

The democrats are busy manufacturing Rand Paul into the image of what they want him to be. This changes from time to time. If the dems think they can reduce Paul's popularity among republicans by giving him social positions he doesn't actually have, that's what they'll do.

Rand Paul thinks weaponized drones should be used to kill liquor store holdup men.

As for abortion:

U.S. Senator Rand Paul, a Tea Party favorite, is advocating for Congress to make a new law, a “personhood” law, called the LIfe at Conception Act,” establishing that human life begins at conception, and extending the 14th Amendment to all fetuses.

Rand Paul Calls For Personhood Law To End Abortion 'Once And For All'

Abortion and same-sex marriage

And?

A Libertarian doesn't believe in government interference of peoples sexual lives or their bodies.

I will not marry a woman who has had an abortion, or will have an abortion.

I will not associate with homosexuals.

However, I will not resort the the Force of Government to compel others to uphold my own idea of moral standards. Homosexuals are not infringing upon my rights, and thus are in-line with the foundation of Classical Liberal thought: The Non-Aggression Principle.

Although 55,000,000 babies have been murdered (primarily black) in the United States by doctors and mothers, allowing the Government to assume control over one's body is far more dangerous down the road, so you side with the lesser of the two evils.

That being said, Rand Paul is pro-life and actually wishes to use the force of Government to uphold his vision.

Last edited:
Rand Paul is terribly ambitious, that makes him do or feel or represent whatever it takes to grasp the levers of power.

Rand Paul is terribly ambitious, that makes him do or feel or represent whatever it takes to grasp the levers of power.

If he wants power, he should start by getting rid of that awful hair piece he has. The guy looks ridicules.

Rand Paul keeps winning polls for who the GOP 2016 nominee should be while Romney had to go through hell to show he was 'conservative' enough to be the 2012 GOP nominee. You all really think Rand Paul is more conservative than Mitt?

Mitt should run again. It would be the most amazing victory story and all of you Rand Paul supporters are sheep jumping on a band wagon if you criticized Mitt's conservativeness.

Why would you think there would be outrage?

Oh yeah, it's because you are a progressive democrat party hack who only believes what he's told and cannot think for himself. I guess that kind of ignorance goes with being a democrat.

Can you name what terrible things he's done?

He became a politician. What I described is common to practically every person who has ever sought national office. I feel that many have been duped by his stated commitment to "libertarian values" when he is probably just as willing to sell us all out to the corporate machine as any other establishment republican.

He became a politician. What I described is common to practically every person who has ever sought national office. I feel that many have been duped by his stated commitment to "libertarian values" when he is probably just as willing to sell us all out to the corporate machine as any other establishment republican.

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington also became politicians.

Now, can you name what terrible things he has done?

Mitt should run again???? What the hell for???? So that conservatives can ONCE AGAIN get their asses kicked in the month of November?

Mitt was a suit - a concoction of the Koch brothers ... a BIG bloated, pink-bellied, corporate MONEY MONSTER! His political carrier has had more 'face-lifts' than Mickey Rourke!

Jesus, I should have known this was coming when I saw the word "conservativeness!"

Last edited:
Could be that right wingers finally realize their ideology is slowing dying off, and that social liberalism is the new mainstream of the next 100 years.

Unfortunately for them.......their stubborn resistance to change has made people perceive them as backwards rednecks, and their fiscal policy wont get voted into office.

Screw 'em. The GOP left me in 2010, and I couldn't be happier.

Abortion and same-sex marriage

Paul is a proponent of "states rights" on those issues. Nuff said.

Damn you Birddog! You ... awwww ... that's one cute puppy!

:smiliehug:

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington also became politicians.

Now, can you name what terrible things he has done?

I said he is terribly ambitious, not that he has done terrible things, lern 2 reed.

Forum List

Back