Rand Paul outlines the problem of government spending

Unhappily- that's the way they want to keep us.
divide2.jpg

See? This one defends the pork.

Why? Their masters get rich from the pork, so they tell their followers to defend the pork.

I will point out that every other western democracy uses some form of publicly funded elections, and all of them have much more functional democracies than we do.
I'm defending nothing....The idea of giving all the money to politicians, to decide who gets to have the money to run to be a politician is fucking stupid on the face of it.

Also, bandwagon fallacy isn't an argument.

And Rand Paul's solution is .... ?

Democrats have a solution. Take the money out of politics by publicly funding elections. If politicians can't be bought and sold, they won't put in the pork that their donors ask for.

Libertarians and Republicans hate that solution. Libertarians in particular clearly want the pork to continue. Libertarians lovelovelove the money they get for supporting the pork, and the money they raise by making fake complaints about it.
Oh STFU... exactly the kind of blind partisan idiocy that keeps this ball rolling.
Democrats are 100% as guilty as any Republican in overspending and buying their office seats.

What a moron.
Jesus Christ

I'm defending nothing....The idea of giving all the money to politicians, to decide who gets to have the money to run to be a politician is fucking stupid on the face of it.
But since that system has been demonstrated to work very well, your feelings are clearly wong.

Oh STFU... exactly the kind of blind partisan idiocy that keeps this ball rolling.
Democrats are 100% as guilty as any Republican in overspending and buying their office seats.

What a moron.
I missed it. Your solution was ... ?

I offered a good solution. It caused you to melt down. 'Nuff said. You don't want to solve the problem. You just want to scream and bitch, and then proclaim how awesome you are because you screamed and bitched and shot down any actual solutions.

Jesus Christ
Scratch a libertarian, find a Republican shill. Every time.

Libertarians are just Republicans who lack the guts to admit to being Republicans. You know that's true because they always -- as in 100% of the time -- spit their venom only at Democrats. The worst thing they'll say about any Republican is "Well golly, they're just as bad as a Democrat!".

I offered a good solution. It caused you to melt down. 'Nuff said. You don't want to solve the problem. You just want to scream and bitch, and then proclaim how awesome you are because you screamed and bitched and shot down any actual solutions.

Libertarians are just Republicans who lack the guts to admit to being Republicans. You know that's true because they always -- as in 100% of the time -- spit their venom only at Democrats. The worst thing they'll say about any Republican is "Well golly, they're just as bad as a Democrat!".
Who said I was a Libertarian?
Oh that's right - morons assume.

Melt down?... yeah no, more like marveled at your stupidity and devotion to it.

As with many of life's problems, especially with golf and bowling, if you want to attack a systemic problem, you go back to the basics. Every session of Congress (two-year term), should start with a reading of Article I, which describes the Congress and its powers, which are detailed in Section 8. Then they should read the Tenth Amendment, in unison, out loud.

All spending that is not authorized by a specific POWER of Congress should be stopped immediately. No education spending, no housing spending, no spending on food, no medical/healthcare spending other than for the Armed Forces and veterans, no saving of the planet in any form, no farm subsidies...the list goes on and on. All of this is unconstitutional.

When they swear that oath, they do not swear to abide by anything the Supreme Court lets them get away with; they must abide by the Constitution itself, with Amendments.

The budget would be balanced immediately.

And if you want to rebut this post with "general welfare" arguments, go sit in the corner with the Duncecap on. You don't understand the most basic principle of the Constitution (i.e., the Federal government is a government of LIMITED powers).

Yes, Congress has broad power to spend in the interest of the general welfare of We the People.

If you feel otherwise, you are free to challenge in court

Yes, Congress has broad power to spend in the interest of the general welfare of We the People.

If you feel otherwise, you are free to challenge in court
Not really.
Rand is correct... it is the abuse and molestation of that power that this is an example of.
Spending $100,000 of federal tax collection on an A/C unit in Charlston, and then allocate $250,000 more the very next year for even more A/C somehow - is not for the general welfare of the public.

That is a good case in point.
In 2008 we did a $1.2M expansion in the production dept. The expansion, especially considering the heat generated by manufacturing equipment, required a major A/C unit. It's total cost with installation was $115,000.
The sq. footage is at least double the size of the bldg in Charleston, and it has manufacturing in it.
WTF - would it cost $350,000 for A/C there????
Because of all the padding, pocketing and whatever else corruption that typically exist in funds generated out of Washington.

There will never be any changes with Democrats. You may be right. So, Republicans can be worked on. Progs have no interest on deficits with potential programs to approve.

Not really.
Rand is correct... it is the abuse and molestation of that power that this is an example of.
Spending $100,000 of federal tax collection on an A/C unit in Charlston, and then allocate $250,000 more the very next year for even more A/C somehow - is not for the general welfare of the public.

That is a good case in point.
In 2008 we did a $1.2M expansion in the production dept. The expansion, especially considering the heat generated by manufacturing equipment, required a major A/C unit. It's total cost with installation was $115,000.
The sq. footage is at least double the size of the bldg in Charleston, and it has manufacturing in it.
WTF - would it cost $350,000 for A/C there????
Because of all the padding, pocketing and whatever else corruption that typically exist in funds generated out of Washington.
I have seen Rands lists

Most are gross misrepresentations of the actual spending
Rand Paul is a certified asshole on spending tax dollars to help struggling Americans
I really have no interests in his opinions

I have seen Rands lists

Most are gross misrepresentations of the actual spending
Rand Paul is a certified asshole on spending tax dollars to help struggling Americans
I really have no interests in his opinions
Because he is Republican, yes I know... but that doesn't change what he is saying here.
America is literally broke. We have outspent revenue every years for almost 40 years.
I live near one of the largest naval weaponry sites in the U.S.
Which means there are government contractors everywhere around here. The volume of waste and over spending is to a level that virtually no one can imagine.
The old adage that the government spent $250 each for toilet bowl floor bolts - actually happens.
That level of overspending occurs every single day.

Because he is Republican, yes I know... but that doesn't change what he is saying here.
America is literally broke. We have outspent revenue every years for almost 40 years.
I live near one of the largest naval weaponry sites in the U.S.
Which means there are government contractors everywhere around here. The volume of waste and over spending is to a level that virtually no one can imagine.
The old adage that the government spent $250 each for toilet bowl floor bolts - actually happens.
That level of overspending occurs every single day.

Rand Paul is a bigger libertarian than his father which makes him a bigger asshole.

In his time in the Senate, What has Rand Paul ever done to help the American People?

All he does is rant and say NO!

As with many of life's problems, especially with golf and bowling, if you want to attack a systemic problem, you go back to the basics. Every session of Congress (two-year term), should start with a reading of Article I, which describes the Congress and its powers, which are detailed in Section 8. Then they should read the Tenth Amendment, in unison, out loud.

All spending that is not authorized by a specific POWER of Congress should be stopped immediately. No education spending, no housing spending, no spending on food, no medical/healthcare spending other than for the Armed Forces and veterans, no saving of the planet in any form, no farm subsidies...the list goes on and on. All of this is unconstitutional.

When they swear that oath, they do not swear to abide by anything the Supreme Court lets them get away with; they must abide by the Constitution itself, with Amendments.

The budget would be balanced immediately.

And if you want to rebut this post with "general welfare" arguments, go sit in the corner with the Duncecap on. You don't understand the most basic principle of the Constitution (i.e., the Federal government is a government of LIMITED powers).
Most of our problems should be addressed at the state level. However, if a state pisses off the Federal gov't they won't get Federal help, even though all the money that the Fed has came from the citizens of the states. We also have government tyranny at the state and local level.

Personally, I think Rand is just pissed he is never invited to any of those sex parties. Maybe that's why his neighbor was pissed at him. He tried to crash his neighbor's party. :auiqs.jpg:
I get tired of listening to Rand move his mouth, saying no to any spending whatsoever and then refusing to consider raising taxes or removing the cap on SS contributions.
Government is there to aid its citizens. If Rand doesn't like it....retire already and join the Brookings Institute or some other conservative think tank. It's not like he's proving
real useful as a Senator.

Forum List

Back