Raw Footage Of Michael Hastings Car Exploding Caught On Surveillance Cameras.

I will concede that the car may have hit the fire hydrant.......perhaps is legit but why so many people, including experts, stating this smells on many levels. Heres the thing......the hyperpartisans are only curious if it is one of their guys possibly being whacked.

If you were honest, and not tricking your own brain with your penchant to be a conspiracy theorist, and also on the opposite end of the coin politically doing the exact thing you just said others do, you'd also question the CT's theory by saying "why are so many experts, and why does the evidence, support that it was simply a driver-error crash into a tree."

-he was a drunk driver in the past. FACT
-the car is wrapped around a tree. FACT
-the fire hydrant was exploded open, as seen on the first eye witness video. FACT
-the driver was seen minutes before, STREETS OVER, running red lights, indicating he must have had control enough to TURN OVER TO THE STREET HE EVENTUALLY CRASHED ON. FACT

So unless someone magically was driving for him on a video-game-esque dash cam making turns just fine, and causing eventual crash, a conspiracy theory is not supported here.

In the allegations against Toyota that gas pedals were stuck increasing the speeds of the cars and rendering the brakes ineffective, the drivers still had full control over the steering. One has nothing to do with the other. Then too, as we know, a car's computer could be hacked and the car would go wherever the hacker directed it to go.

Car Hackers 'Take Control' Of Toyota Prius

Charlie Miller, a security engineer at Twitter, and Chris Valasek, who works at security firm IOActive, said they were able to steer a Toyota Prius and switch off its brakes by installing a device under the wheel.

They said the gadget could be placed in the car by anyone with a "brief moment of physical access" and claimed that once key safety features had been reprogrammed, the box could be disconnected, leaving no evidence that the vehicle had been hacked.

"We had full control of braking," Mr Valasek said. "We disengaged the brakes so if you were going slow and tried to press them, they wouldn't work.

Why won't the authorities release the car to Mercedes so it could be examined for mechanical failure or tampering?

I'm sure you've gone to great lengths to corroborate that they wont release it, and that Mercedes is really requesting it.

Further, if a gas pedal is stuck how the fuck do you make a 90 degree turn? Get outta my face with your bullshit. You questioned the fucking tree itself when the car is on video wrapped the fuck around it, that's about how brilliant your mind deciphers "things."

if you don't think that high speed requires sharper skills in driving, well, what can I say? Other than why only so many individuals are able to make it in the big time in NASCAR...

I'm sure you've gone to great lengths to corroborate that they wont release it, and that Mercedes is really requesting it.

Further, if a gas pedal is stuck how the fuck do you make a 90 degree turn? Get outta my face with your bullshit. You questioned the fucking tree itself when the car is on video wrapped the fuck around it, that's about how brilliant your mind deciphers "things."

I went there to look at the tree. When was the last time you were in Hancock Park?

Michael Hastings was murdered, likely for what he had found out. He intended to go into hiding, the government collects all e-mails and knew of his plans. They had to kill him before he dropped off the radar and perhaps joined Ed Snowden in Russia.

I went there to look at the tree. When was the last time you were in Hancock Park?

Michael Hastings was murdered, likely for what he had found out. He intended to go into hiding, the government collects all e-mails and knew of his plans. They had to kill him before he dropped off the radar and perhaps joined Ed Snowden in Russia.

So, his car was hacked and someone took control of it.
But there were also explosives and he didn't really hit the tree, despite the video of the guy with the hose who was on the scene before ANY officials, and on said video the car is wrapped around the tree?

You're really rolling with that?

Your brain does not work right.

A firefighter wrote on another website that it was definitely a bomb. He notes that Hastings has applied his breaks as the break lights can be seen as he speeds through the intersection. Then you see a flash of light under his car milliseconds before a massive explosion. He states the mini flash was the bomb detonating. So it's apparent that Hastings had a car out of control as he was trying to apply the breaks to stop to no avail because there were no skid marks from trying to stop.

Footage from Pizzeria Mozza, which is located at Melrose and Highland shows the final moments before journalist Michael Hastings' Mercedes Benz exploded into flames...
Michael Hastings Crash Caught On Surveillance Camera - New Footage - YouTube

Wow, last time I take a ride in a Mercedes Benz; that thing exploded like a car in a 1986 action movie.

A firefighter wrote on another website that it was definitely a bomb. He notes that Hastings has applied his breaks as the break lights can be seen as he speeds through the intersection. Then you see a flash of light under his car milliseconds before a massive explosion. He states the mini flash was the bomb detonating. So it's apparent that Hastings had a car out of control as he was trying to apply the breaks to stop to no avail because there were no skid marks from trying to stop.

Footage from Pizzeria Mozza, which is located at Melrose and Highland shows the final moments before journalist Michael Hastings' Mercedes Benz exploded into flames...
Michael Hastings Crash Caught On Surveillance Camera - New Footage - YouTube

Wow, last time I take a ride in a Mercedes Benz; that thing exploded like a car in a 1986 action movie.

If your gas tank runs over a fire hydrant, what do you suppose happens?

Fact Michael Hastings was a drunk driver in the past.

Real Fact: He had a drunk driving accident when he was 19 and hadn't had a drink in ten years.

L.A. Weekly: Michael Hastings' Car was Speeding, Had History of Drunk Driving

In the same article, The Weekly also revealed that Hastings "does have a history with alcohol and drugs." Moreover, in one of his books, Hastings recalled a drunken car accident he was involved in at age 19, but also said he hadn't had a drink in 10 years.

So, his car was hacked and someone took control of it.
But there were also explosives and he didn't really hit the tree, despite the video of the guy with the hose who was on the scene before ANY officials, and on said video the car is wrapped around the tree?

You're really rolling with that?

Your brain does not work right.

I understand your skepticism, however there are many reasons why people are asking questions.

First, Michael was clearly feeling threatened by the gov’t, and had announced that he was soon to go into hiding within days of his death. He also contacted a Wikileaks lawyer hours before his death because he believed the FBI was following him. It’s not every day that a well-known, mainstream journalist publicly announces these sorts of things and then mysteriously dies.

Secondly, his car exploded. This puts his accident in a very unusual and rare class of accidents, as this simply does not happen that often. Car manufacturers go to great lengths to make sure that their vehicles do not explode or even catch fire in accidents (ESPECIALLY when it comes to the famously safe and well built vehicles from Mercedes Benz), so the fact that Michaels car exploded just sort of caught my attention.

Think what you may, I just find the whole thing a bit odd. If you don’t think that the gov’t is capable of killing just ONE person (because they hold some damaging and powerful information) than I think you’re being just a touch naïve.

Last edited:

Not sure, but I wouldn't expect the entire car to explode into a gigantic fireball. This really does not happen very often.

I would also suppose that a car hitting one at that rate of speed is few and far between as well. And I would also think that the fullness of the tank would also be a factor as to how large the resulting explosion is.

Not sure, but I wouldn't expect the entire car to explode into a gigantic fireball. This really does not happen very often.

If you watch the video, you can see the big spark as it rolls over the hydrant.
If you watch the second video, not the surveillance one but the first private citizen on the scene, you can see the water spouting up from the decapitated hydrant.

I understand that the guy's profession and what he was involved in leads to the suspicion, but the crash itself seems pretty plausible and so hanging your hat on a conspiracy theory, here in this case, is irresponsible and it doesn't speak to the facts on the ground.

-he's a self admitted drunk driver, who has crashed before.
-he ran over a giant metal fire hydrant at a high rate of speed.
-he wrapped his car around a tree at a high rate of speed.

That is "what we know," for certain. Everything else is hyperbole.

He's a self admitted drunk driver, who crashed his car once when he was 19. However now he's 33, has a family, and is known to have not drank in over 10 years. There are also zero reports that he began drinking again prior to his accident.

Whether or not he hit a tree/fire hydrant, the fact remains that it is extremely rare for a care to explode.

Again, might all just be a coincidence; however this along with the combination of emails saying "he's going off the grid" and letting friends and family know that the gov't is following him (and that he's beginning to get nervous) I believe warrants some curiosity.

Surprised you're so reluctant to explore this possibility.

Last edited:

He's a self admitted drunk driver, who crashed his car once when he was 19. However now he's 33, has a family, and is known to have not drank in over 10 years. There are also zero reports that he began drinking again prior to his accident.

And tree/fire hydrant, the fact remains that it is extremely rare for a care to explode.

Again, might all just be a coincidence; however this along with the combination of emails saying "he's going off the grid" and letting friends and family know that the gov't is following him (and that he's beginning to get nervous) I believe warrants some curiosity.

Surprised you're so reluctant to link the two...

I think that a car exploding from running over a hydrant would be rare, at all. How many accidents where the car ran over the fire hydrant, have you compared? It's time to hold CT's low-bar-for-evidence-needing feet to the fire.

If I were a reporter digging into the NSA and CIA and felt I had something big on them, as Hastings believed he did, I'd make damn sure that I backed up (as in copied) my findings, distributed them out to trusted sources, put copies in secure boxes, etc. ... especially if my gut was telling me I had to go 'off the grid'.

Did Hastings do any of this? Has anything turned up?

I think that a car exploding from running over a hydrant would be rare, at all. How many accidents where the car ran over the fire hydrant, have you compared? It's time to hold CT's low-bar-for-evidence-needing feet to the fire.

GT - I'm no car or collision expert, but from what I've read through some research on google is that car explosions are extremely rare and uncommon. I'm sure cars hit fire hydrants all of the time; they are all over the place and car accidents are very common.

I've tried searching and cannot find one other case of a car exploding after hitting a fire hydrant. Not saying it's not possible, just saying that I can't find anything except for the Hasting's accident.

Perhaps you could provide...

If I were a reporter digging into the NSA and CIA and felt I had something big on them, as Hastings believed he did, I'd make damn sure that I backed up (as in copied) my findings, distributed them out to trusted sources, put copies in secure boxes, etc. ... especially if my gut was telling me I had to go 'off the grid'.

Did Hastings do any of this? Has anything turned up?

Ed Snowden did, so he's got some insurance. Journalists guard their exclusive stuff pretty rigorously. He had to have had notes, research results all his work someplace.

Bush advisor: Hastings crash ?consistent with a car cyberattack? ? RT USA

Richard Clarke, a State Department official-turned-special advisor to several United States presidents, said the early morning auto crash last Tuesday was "consistent with a car cyberattack,” raising new questions about the death of the award-winning journalist.

Hastings died last week when his 2013 Mercedes C250 coupe collided with a tree in Los Angeles, California on the morning of June 18. He was reportedly traveling at a high rate of speed and failed to stop at a red light moments before the single-car crash. He was only 33.

Speaking to Huffington Post this week, Clarke said that a cyberattack waged at the vehicle could have caused the fatal collision.

"What has been revealed as a result of some research at universities is that it's relatively easy to hack your way into the control system of a car, and to do such things as cause acceleration when the driver doesn't want acceleration, to throw on the brakes when the driver doesn't want the brakes on, to launch an air bag," Clarke told The Huffington Post. "You can do some really highly destructive things now, through hacking a car, and it's not that hard."

One of the questions that should be answered is what happened to Hastings' laptop. As paranoid as he had become, he probably had it with him in the car. Yet, there's been no mention of it anywhere.

GT - I'm no car or collision expert, but from what I've read through some research on google is that car explosions are extremely rare and uncommon. I'm sure cars hit fire hydrants all of the time; they are all over the place and car accidents are very common.

I've tried searching and cannot find one other case of a car exploding after hitting a fire hydrant. Not saying it's not possible, just saying that I can't find anything except for the Hasting's accident.

Typically, high speed crashes occur on the freeway. There are no hydrants on the freeway.

Typically, high speed crashes occur on the freeway. There are no hydrants on the freeway.

Either way GT, I've searched actively (following this discussion) for cases where a car exploded when hitting a hydrant and cannot find one. I'm hard pressed to find cases of cars exploding, period. I've come across some testimonies of firefighters who have been on the job for 17 years and have seen thousands of car crashes and not a single one resulted in a total fireball explosion. Again, all just random tidbits I realize...

..But the point is I'm actively searching for cases of fireball car explosions and simply are finding close to nothing. Pair the rarity of the explosion with the fact Hastings was actively being tracked and monitored (and he was quite weary of it) sparks my curiosity into thinking there's something strange going on here..

That's all.

Last edited:

Either way GT, I've searched actively (following this discussion) for cases where a car exploded when hitting a hydrant and cannot find one. I'm hard pressed to find cases of cars exploding, period. I've come across some testimonies of firefighters who have been on the job for 17 years and have seen thousands of car crashes and not a single one resulted in a total fireball explosion. Again, all just random tidbits I realize...

..But the point is I'm actively searching for cases of fireball car explosions and simply are finding close to nothing. Pair the rarity of the explosion with the fact Hastings was actively being tracked and monitored (and he was quite weary of it) sparks my curiosity into thinking there's something strange going on here..

That's all.

Look at the car in the accident, looks pretty similar to Hastings, and also caught fire and was split in two.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-crash-colliding-tree-splitting-car-half.html

This car also caught fire once hitting the tree
http://www.injurytriallawyer.com/blog/driver-killed-after-car-hits-tree-in-spokane.cfm

"According to State Police, Kristal Mitchell, 28, of Boyce was killed when her car left the roadway near Melder, struck a tree and burst into flames.

Read more: EuniceToday.com - Car leaves road hits tree explodes woman killed "
http://www.eunicetoday.com/pages/fu...=13239489&instance=secondary_news_left_column

"It slammed into a line of cars in Boothstown, Salford, just after 8.30pm and exploded.

Simon Walace, who lives yards away, said: “My daughter saw it. She’s 15 and quite shaken up.

“She said a car had gone the road ‘mad fast’ and smashed into a lot of other cars and exploded.

"There were flames bigger than a house.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/salford-car-crash-explosion-two-1593377

Hastings hit a fire hydrant and a tree going at a high speed, it's not hard to see how his car might explode.

Forum List

Back