Rayshard Brooks: A justified use of deadly force, explained

that if he had been allowed to flee, he would have done so with a deadly weapon and presented a danger to the surrounding community.
Except a taser is considered a dangerous weapon but not deadly; you are obviously blinded by your racist impulses.

Mkay the Georgia DA ruled it a deadly weapon when he charged two cops who used them on some college kids a couple of weeks ago. You people need to make up your mind.
This is where the “informative” button is missed. So which is it? The police list as non lethal/less lethal than a gun.

Anyone?

Anyone??

Hello, is this thing on? Did my internet go out?

He was shot in the back. Running away.

He was shot in the back running away . . . and firing a weapon at the cop behind him.

That last part is sorta important.
Rarely lethal, with a limited range. They could have opted not to shoot him but follow at a distance or pick him up later with reinforcements. He was drunk.

Wrong....the DA who held the press conference stated two weeks ago that the taser is a deadly weapon........ he changed his tune to charge these officers.

Why is it “wrong”? Who determines that? That one DA?

All this cop has to say....and by the way I'm not going to mention the poor guys name here because the dude is being screwed.....but all he has to say is I thought he had a gun and I saw a flash....case over....Atlanta DA...egg on face.....and Atlanta burns to the ground....
Other countries seem able to conduct competent policing, rarely resorting to lethal force against unarmed people.

Maybe we are doing something wrong.

Isn't that worth considering?
YES. Now we are getting somewhere.

Our citizens are RESISTING ARREST!!!

Anyone?

Anyone??

He was shot in the back running away . . . and firing a weapon at the cop behind him.

That last part is sorta important.
Rarely lethal, with a limited range. They could have opted not to shoot him but follow at a distance or pick him up later with reinforcements. He was drunk.
So he has time to get more weapons and prepare for an armed standoff while holding hostages?

Glad you're not in charge.

Anyone?

Anyone??

That does not make a point.

All it does is stir emotion. It does not present any facts, Coyote.

It states a fact.

Some more facts that were not acknowledged: A taser is not lethal. They had his wallet and driver’s license, and car.

The officer kicked him as he lay dying.

They delayed medical help.

For most of the encounter (41 something minutes) Rayshard was calm, reasonable, offered to walk home (per recorded footage).

Your question is really contingent on another: could this have been handled differently in a way that kept everyone safe, and prevented any deaths?

Your so-called facts rebutted:

A Taser doesn't have to be lethal; it just has to incapacitate the officer, who has lethal weapons on him, and would be helpless to defend against a lethal unarmed attack at that point.

What the fuck difference does it make if they had his wallet, ID, car, or his fucking deed to his house?

Can you tell me the exact moment in any of the videos from which you got this "the officer kicked him" schtick? There were something like 14 or 15 videos made of this incident, y'know. Should be easy to prove.

Who cares if he was "calm and reasonable" for 41 minutes, or 41 hours, prior to attacking the cops? People are generally peaceful right up until the moment they become violent. What the actual fuck?
So he is so violent he is running away and the only alternative is to shoot him?

All this cop has to say....and by the way I'm not going to mention the poor guys name here because the dude is being screwed.....but all he has to say is I thought he had a gun and I saw a flash....case over....Atlanta DA...egg on face.....and Atlanta burns to the ground....
Other countries seem able to conduct competent policing, rarely resorting to lethal force against unarmed people.

A lot of people resist arrest and do not get killed for it.

Watch this video:

Rarely lethal, with a limited range.
But, it does incapacitate a guy who has a fucking gun.

You have yet to address that HUGE problem.

Yup...it does. That is why it is a good option, when not abused.
Are you deliberately ignoring the point?

If a cop (who has a lethal weapon) is incapacitated, the suspect can get it (the cop's firearm) and use it on him and others.

Do you really need me to explain?

Do they try to grab the cop's gun?

So he is so violent he is running away and the only alternative is to shoot him?
...before he gets more weapons or hostages or kills other cops trying to arrest him, or ....

You clearly do NOT understand, so this is pointless.

Why would he? He is a petty criminal, with no history of gun violence, what is he going in a few hours that is worth shooting him down? We aren’t talking about a gangbanger here.

There are alternatives. If other can manage it...why the hell do we fall so fricken short over and over and over? Why do police, in general get far more training how to use lethal force than on descalation and alternatives? He is a drunk driver. They got his wallet, license, keys. He wasnt going to be driving anywhere in the near future.

If a cop (who has a lethal weapon) is incapacitated, the suspect can get it (the cop's firearm) and use it on him and others.

There were two cops. Did you miss that part?

Why would he? He is a petty criminal, with no history of gun violence, what is he going in a few hours that is worth shooting him down? We aren’t talking about a gangbanger here.
He was released from prison because of covid-19. Do you know why he was in prison?

He managed to give those two cops all they could handle, and they were really trying hard not to hurt him.

Did you miss that part?

Did you miss the part where he could still kill them, even if there are two.

DID YOU WATCH THE FUCKING VIDEO I POSTED ABOVE SHOWING YOU HOW FUCKING WRONG YOU FUCKING ARE????

There are alternatives. If other can manage it...why the hell do we fall so fricken short over and over and over?
Because, for some reason, when our citizens decide to resist, they go for broke. They try to kill the people arresting them.

DID YOU WATCH MY VIDEO???

Watch this video:

Ok. But Rayshard did not grab a gun and was fleeing. So the situation is a little bit different. But I do see your point.

There are alternatives. If other can manage it...why the hell do we fall so fricken short over and over and over?
Because, for some reason, when our citizens decide to resist, they go for broke. They try to kill the people arresting them.

DID YOU WATCH MY VIDEO???

Ya. I did.

Are our citizens more likely to go for broke than other citizens when arrested? How do you know? Is that why Floyd was killed?

He managed to give those two cops all they could handle, and they were really trying hard not to hurt him.

Did you miss that part?

Did you miss the part where he could still kill them, even if there are two.

DID YOU WATCH THE FUCKING VIDEO I POSTED ABOVE SHOWING YOU HOW FUCKING WRONG YOU FUCKING ARE????

You posted the video 7 minutes ago, it is 2 minutes long and your screaming at me in two posts wanting to know if I watched it. Fuck off..

Forum List

Back