Read this today. YOU read it too.

RandallFlagg

PROUD Tea Party Member
Dec 5, 2012
Most people seem to be confused about the government shutdown. Largely because of the misinformation and fear mongering coming from the mainstream news and the White House.

I’ve had several people in the last couple of days come to me to ask what will happen. Some had heard that their Grandmother’s Social Security wouldn’t be deposited. Others were afraid that the mailman would stop coming around.

Both of these worries are misplaced.

The truth of the matter is that the average American will hardly even notice a change, if they notice one at all.

There is even a chance that the Federal employees being furloughed might receive their backpay when they return to work.

As for our Congressmen and women, and their staff members, they will all be receiving backpay as well.

From the way I see things the only real victim in all of this will be the President and his family.

Until the shutdown is over around three quarters of the 1,701 White House staffers will be included in the furloughs.

I do not know which staff members that includes. Only “essential” staff will be allowed to continue working. I may assume that the President himself will be the decider in who is essential and who is not.

The question is, what will the royal family have to sacrifice?

Will Michelle have to cook her own “healthy” meals? Will Barry still be flying his Chicago barber to DC every two weeks to cut his hair? Will the presidential dog, Bo, still get to ride in his own personal helicopter?

Things could get dicey for the president during this shutdown, depending on how long it lasts.

According to Monica Lewinsky, it was the second day of the last government shutdown when her sexual relationship with, then president, Bill Clinton began. The shutdown caused nonessential staff to be put on leave. This gave unpaid interns, like Ms. Lewinsky, more access to the president.

So maybe I was wrong, maybe Barry will enjoy this shutdown more than I thought.

The truth is that the fear mongering is pointless. The ones that are actually afraid are the people running our government.

They are afraid that, just like with the sequester, the American people won’t even notice the slightest bit of change in their daily lives.

Why would they be afraid of that?

I’m glad you asked. Let me use this analogy to explain.

The American people in this analogy are represented by a woman in an abusive relationship with an overbearing, pompous jerk (the government).

The boyfriend has some power over this woman because she won’t leave him. He keeps treating her wrong but she feels like she cannot leave. He adds to this by telling her she could never make it on her own and that without him her life would descend into anarchy.

Then one day he has to go on a business trip for a couple of weeks, (government shutdown) and he is so jealous that she will realize he is a jerk and she doesn’t need him that he spends the days leading up to the trip telling her all the terrible things that will happen to her whole he is gone.

Really he is the one that is afraid that she will wake up and stop letting him hold so much power over her.

Sound familiar?

That is exactly what the Democrats and the media are doing, trying to scare people into believing that the government needs more power over their lives so that they can keep us safe and happy.

It is all lies.

We are now experiencing the 18th government shutdown in our history. The longest was a mere 21 days under Bill Clinton. I wasn’t old enough to remember that shutdown but now I wonder if it lasted that long because he was enjoying himself too much. I doubt this time will last as long but if it does I promise you that the world will not end.

Forum List

Back