Reason #59,538 on Why to Homeschool

It will be interesting to see how many children actually return to public schools when reopened, and from what social class.
A good number will return because their parents are not capable of homeschooling. If my Facebook is any measure, not a single person I know enjoyed homeschooling.
Home schooling, just like parenting in general, requires forethought and determination to be done well.
Yes, and very few people are educated and organized to make that happen. If homeschooling works for you, great! I just can't stand morons like the OP who thinks anyone and everyone should be doing it. As a teacher, I was stuck with students who failed at homeschooling.

You mean their parents failed.

It ain't easy. On the other hand, with all the online courses and services offered, if you can read you can homeschool.

Online courses sometimes do not work, as you do not get any discussion. Also, many people struggle with online instructional material. My son took one class online, and he was a "B' student but could not handle a course that would normally be well below his ability. He managed because I taught the course to him instead of the teacher who never seemed to be available.
How about this? NO ONE SOLUTION WORKS 100% FOR EVERY STUDENT. We have to have options, because the government school "sit down and shut up" model doesn't work for all students.
Agreed. That is why we have special education classes.
Uhh, "special education" =/= educating an otherwise brilliant child who can't emotionally handle the classroom environment. How many special ed kids graduate ahead of their classes?

Reasons to Home School

Your child does not socialize well with others
You are too lazy to get up early to get your kids to school
You want to isolate your child from negroes, Hispanics and Jews
You want to indoctrinate your child to your religious and political beliefs and you don’t want them exposed to others.

The above comment is proof of the failure of our government schools.
I have no problem with Home School

Some kids just can’t cut it in a real school. Nobody wants to eat lunch with them, last one picked for the ball team, everyone laughs at them.
Best stay home with Mommy

Look at me! I is a Teecher
I got my own skool. I teach Reeding, Riting, Jesus and hating Homos
Thanks for giving us a show on the intellectual level of public education supporters.

Chillen, Chillen
Time for skool. Pick up yer Bible and find me the parts where Jesus hates fags, negroes and librals
AKA a red herring.

Last edited:
The government school systems are a collection of fascists.

During on online class the teacher saw a Red Ryder BB gun so called the cops to have his home raided.

The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well.

This is almost certainly a lie.
Based on what evidence?

It will be interesting to see how many children actually return to public schools when reopened, and from what social class.
A good number will return because their parents are not capable of homeschooling. If my Facebook is any measure, not a single person I know enjoyed homeschooling.
Home schooling, just like parenting in general, requires forethought and determination to be done well.
Yes, and very few people are educated and organized to make that happen. If homeschooling works for you, great! I just can't stand morons like the OP who thinks anyone and everyone should be doing it. As a teacher, I was stuck with students who failed at homeschooling.

It ain't easy. On the other hand, with all the online courses and services offered, if you can read you can homeschool.

Online courses sometimes do not work, as you do not get any discussion. Also, many people struggle with online instructional material. My son took one class online, and he was a "B' student but could not handle a course that would normally be well below his ability. He managed because I taught the course to him instead of the teacher who never seemed to be available.
How about this? NO ONE SOLUTION WORKS 10n0% FOR EVERY STUDENT. We have to have options, because the government school "sit down and shut up" model doesn't work for all students.
Uhh, "special education" =/= educating an otherwise brilliant child who can't emotionally handle the classroom environment. How many special ed kids graduate ahead of their classes?
In our state, there is no early graduation thanks to all the dropouts in the past.

The government school systems are a collection of fascists.

During on online class the teacher saw a Red Ryder BB gun so called the cops to have his home raided.

The principal and the teacher cited a rule stating that students may not bring guns to school and claimed it extended to virtual classes as well.

Do people who support home schooling never compare them to regular kids?

Control for IQ every kid who went through public education will be ten times as socially capable.....

Never met a home schooled kid in Illinois when I was a boy who wasn't a fucking weirdo.

Maybe it's different in other places, but in the midwest. Homeschooling is the mark of the indoctrinated
Homeschool kids are under 100 percent control of their parents. Who they meet, who they play with, what they read, what they are exposed to

Like you said......Weird kids
How is that weird? That's how life was for 99.99% of the last 100,000 years.

Because like dogs, children need to be socialized

I'm sure well socialized home schooled children from Kindergarten to senior year exist. But it would take an extreme amount of effort relative to just sending him to public or private school. Now try that with 3 kids

That's why they're so weird. They just don't have the experience of spending so many hours in class with their peers. Like a dog who wasn't socialized properly

No amount of travel baseball is gonna fix that. Certainly not debate club lol
Ah, the old "socialized" malarkey. Here's a tip. "Socialized" basically is code for herdthink. I do believe that the biggest push behind the "socialized" garbage is the fear that some kids are going to grow up out of the control of government bureaucrats.

Consider, do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult in society from a bunch of children, or do I want my child to learn how to act like an adult from adults? Do I want my child to learn how to think about complex situations or do I want my child to simply learn to regurgitate what everybody else is saying? In a classroom setting, contrary thought is denied, not encouraged. In a classroom setting where a teacher has too many students, the slowest bring down the fastest, and the fastest get bored. Recipe for trouble. In a classroom setting the slowest know they're slower and seek other ways to get attention and approval. Another recipe for trouble.

Interesting as well that some of the very same people complaining about how dangerous schools are vigorously reject parents' attempts to take their kids out of those same situations.

Yea again if your kid can't buck his own mother, he's not gonna buck group think once he gets out into the world anyway.

And yes that's the price you pay for easy socialization. Pick a private school if you're that worried. All schooling is indoctrination. It benefits one to be indoctrinated into the same beliefs most of the society you live in is relative to just any other random set of beliefs a parent might spout.

If your kid was born to be an independent thinker they will be one. You teaching them or some one else, either way they're gonna say fuck you if they're actually independent. Might as well have them rage against the system instead of you.
Would it be better for such a kid to face an entire school system geared more towards getting him to "sit down and shut up" instead of actually educating him to be a strong, independent thinker, or better to have a school situation tailored for his unique needs? You get what you pay for, and if you're looking to help your kids function in society, you get a better product when you invest more of yourself in the process than the "easy socialization". In that model, you're abandoning your child to someone else, in essence saying, "Do this to my child for me because I don't care enough to make sure it's done right".

yea because sometimes in life you have to sit down and shut teh fuck up

and sometimes u gotta deal with some oen fucking with you

or try to get the girl

All those things are stunted by home schooling

Just not properly socialized relative to their peers and it seems to always show...Learning self control is the biggest indicator of success beyond IQ. Mormons do great just by teaching their kids delayed gratification. And they believe some crazy shit with no independence.
You're not listening. Mom and Dad teach when to sit down and shut up. The classroom teaches that "sit down and shut up" can get you better grades and more approval from the teacher than being brilliant. Can you show us:

1. Vast numbers of home schooled kids that don't know how to be polite in society?
2. Vast numbers of home schooled kids with little to no self control?

I know you're aware of a large number of college aged students who were NOT home schooled, but have little to no self-control and no idea how to exist politely in society. They're all over YouTube, yelling and screeching about everything under the sun, demanding their professors be fired for making them take tests, etc.

Literally every single one of them would be lower status socially had they been homeschooled

Just a fact

Kids need socialization

Home schooling doesn't breed alphas.
You're arguing like a government school drop-out.

First you claim that a rebellious child (aka, alpha) will rebel against anyone and everyone, now you say that home schooling squashes that. That's simply changing your story to fit your argument at the time, which is something most people grow out of when they achieve adulthood.
You claim as fact that "every single one of them would be lower status socially had they been homeschooled". Since you claim it as fact, present evidence or admit you just made it up.
You claim that kids need "socialization", but when presented with evidence that the "socialized" government school grads are acting, shall we say, FAR from civilized and more like savages, you pretend it doesn't happen and reiterate yourself. Address it.
I notice that you are much more interested in kids being "socialized" than in them being educated. Ever wonder why that is?

I would prefer my child be able to present a cogent argument for the way he thinks and be respectful of dissenting opinions than for him to act like these government school "socialized" idiots who try to forcefully prevent certain points of view from being presented on campus and demand safe spaces when they see a name written in chalk on the sidewalk.

Like I said, government school drop-out. Prove me wrong.

No, i never said homeschooling will squash an independent kid

I said it won't socialize them, and that if you can't buck your mom, you can't buck the state. It's a pointless task with an actually independent child. If your kid is sheep society will get him sooner or later anyway.

Your attempts to indoctrinate are very similar....

Being an "alpha" is about being able to navigate social situations in a way that gets you what you want. Being with your mom all day isn't gonna make men capable of dealing with their peers in that way.

Reading comprehension clearly wasn't your strong suit, another benefit of public school. You know where you stand on the cognitive hierarchy instead of being delusional about it.
Let's deal with one of your more ludicrous statements: "Being an "alpha" is about being able to navigate social situations in a way that gets you what you want. Being with your mom all day isn't gonna make men capable of dealing with their peers in that way". Was Abraham Lincoln an alpha? Answer that honestly. Seriously now, pretending that parents can't teach their children how to navigate social situations and that the only way to do so is to plop them into a government school is one of the stupidest things I've heard.

As I said before, is it better for your child to learn how to act in adult society from other kids or from adults? Start with that. Also keep in mind that most homeschoolers do not stay at home, but join coops and even play sports on local government school teams. After all, while they're still paying local taxes, they're saving the school system money, so they should be able to utilize available resources.

How about this? NO ONE SOLUTION WORKS 10n0% FOR EVERY STUDENT. We have to have options, because the government school "sit down and shut up" model doesn't work for all students.
In our state, there is no early graduation thanks to all the dropouts in the past.
So none then. Are any special ed students taking classes in local community colleges before they graduate so they have one or even two years of course credits behind them when they start? My point in all of this is that "special ed" tends to focus on those with some kind of learning disability instead of those who are brilliant but have emotional problems that make it difficult for them to handle the classroom. This was especially the case in the 90's, when my son had to deal with it.

Last edited:
Reasons to Home School

You want to indoctrinate your child to your religious and political beliefs and you don’t want them exposed to others.

Some kids just can’t cut it in a real school. Nobody wants to eat lunch with them, last one picked for the ball team, everyone laughs at them.

Thanks for giving us a show on the intellectual level of public education supporters.

Chillen, Chillen
Time for skool. Pick up yer Bible and find me the parts where Jesus hates fags, negroes and librals
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America

Reasons to Home School

Chillen, Chillen
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America
That's stupid, even for a hack.

Reasons to Home School

Chillen, Chillen
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America

Reality
Ask a parent why they home school and they will tell you they are concerned with the quality of education in public schools, that they want the best for their kids, that they are concerned with the message.

Ask the kids why they are in home school and they will tell you it is because their parents don’t want them to go to school with negroes and Mexicans

Reasons to Home School

Chillen, Chillen
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America
Hilarious. Every National Spelling Bee champ for years have been homeschooled kids.

Far outnumbered by students who failed at public education

What is going on in the world today with young people is a direct result of public education.

Reasons to Home School

You have no clue how homeschooling works.
Very familiar with it.

Biggest educational scam in the country
Yeah, that’s why every school has guards and metal detectors.
Not every school. Not even close.
Only because they haven’t bought one yet. But I can guarantee you it’s in every budget discussion.

Reasons to Home School

Chillen, Chillen
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America
Hilarious. Every National Spelling Bee champ for years have been homeschooled kids.

Color me impressed
They are all Indian kids

How about this? NO ONE SOLUTION WORKS 100% FOR EVERY STUDENT. We have to have options, because the government school "sit down and shut up" model doesn't work for all students.

I always preferred the Socratic method.

So none then. Are any special ed students taking classes in local community colleges before they graduate so they have one or even two years of course credits behind them when they start? My point in all of this is that "special ed" tends to focus on those with some kind of learning disability instead of those who are brilliant but have emotional problems that make it difficult for them to handle the classroom. This was especially the case in the 90's, when my son had to deal with it.
You are referring to gifted and talented programs, which we also had. If can handle to workload, yes they do enroll in college courses taught by the teachers. We offered dual enrollment classes at all of the rural high schools where I taught in conjunction with Western Kentucky University.

What is going on in the world today with young people is a direct result of public education.

Bullshit! You have a bizarre theory with absolutely no proof!

Reasons to Home School

Chillen, Chillen
AKA a red herring.
Home Skooling in America

Reality
Ask a parent why they home school and they will tell you they are concerned with the quality of education in public schools, that they want the best for their kids, that they are concerned with the message.

Ask the kids why they are in home school and they will tell you it is because their parents don’t want them to go to school with negroes and Mexicans
You have done this, shit for brains?

Sure you were. Can you think of one reason why anyone should believe this tripe?

Sure you were. Can you think of one reason why anyone should believe this tripe?

Why would I lie, dumbass?

Forum List

Back