Zone1 Reasons to Believe Jesus is Returning soon

You're lying.

You're ignorant.

The consensus of modern scholars is that the Pentateuch does not give an accurate account of the origins of the Israelites, who appear instead to have formed as an entity in the central highlands of Canaan in the late second millennium BCE (around the time of the Late Bronze Age collapse) from the indigenous Canaanite culture.

Most modern scholars believe that some elements in the story of the Exodus might have some historical basis, but that any such basis has little resemblance to the story told in the Pentateuch.

While the majority of modern scholars date the composition of the Pentateuch to the period of the Achaemenid Empire (5th century BCE), some of the elements of this narrative are older, since allusions to the story are made by 8th-century BCE prophets such as Amos and Hosea.

Jesus established ONE Church... Easy to count, huh? :)

Protestant communities are called by this One Church "ecclesial communities" and are only imperfectly part of THE Church, the original, which is the Catholic Church. If you go back in history to the first century, you will find CATHOLICISM. .. Eucharist, confession to a priest and so on..

So the Church existed for 1521 years until Luther-- apostate Catholic priest who didn't want to maintain priestly celibacy (etc)-- broke with the Church

And it was bad, the Division that ensued... very bad. 500 years later, most Protestants do not have the first clue about Catholicism and so they have all these myths, fostered by their agenda-driven pastors who hate the Catholic Church (competition?).

But still the CC survived.. and I suppose it still survives, but NOT in the same form as before! In 1958, the Vatican was taken over by crooks, anti-Christian people who had their own nefarious reasons for wanting Catholicism to drop dead.

To some, it appears they got what they wanted. And yet, Traditional Catholicism lives on in SSPX Churches and in the Sedvacantist Churches.

I think that this is the final straw for Jesus... the Church being essentially commandeered by anti-Christs. True, a lot of priests are sincerely Catholic, so this takeover is not absolute at all. And yet...

Well, I know more about all this than most or all posters here and there is also EXPERIENCE that informs me.

And so, yeh, I think this latest development in Christ's Church is a CLEAR and unmistakable sign that Jesus just has to come back SOON
There is no reason to believe that Jesus will return. At all

The Book of Exodus says that there were 600,000 MEN in the Israelite horde, along with (we assume) wives and children, and assorted domestic animals, wagons with possessions, etc. So let’s guess that the human count alone was conservatively 1.2 million persons and we won’t bother with goats and chattel.

Forgetting for the moment that imposing organization on this milling horde would be kind of difficult let’s assume that Sergeant-major Moses somehow got this column organized with military precision; that is to say in a marching column 20 abreast, each row separated by 3 feet or so from the row behind. And off they marched, quick-step. A dang nice quasi-military spectacle to be sure. But that many people would form a compact column more than 34 miles long.

And Exodus tells us that this entire column crossed the parted sea in one night, from first row to the inevitable stragglers! No stopping for snacks or smoke breaks for those intrepid hikers, and if your donkey wandered off —. I dunno…should we cast some doubt on this account?

ding
The Jewish scholars and rabbis announced that Exodus was a myth over 20 years ago now.

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction | HuffPost

As it turns out, well-known Jewish commentator and author Rabbi David Wolpe has also known about the Exodus Myth. In his article, "Did the Exodus Really Happen?" he mentions that other rabbis wanted him to keep the fiction of the Exodus story on the down-low. The basic story of the Exodus from Egypt (extracting supernatural elements) was touted to me as one of the most historical aspects of the Bible, …

ding
The Jewish scholars and rabbis announced that Exodus was a myth over 20 years ago now.

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction | HuffPost

As it turns out, well-known Jewish commentator and author Rabbi David Wolpe has also known about the Exodus Myth. In his article, "Did the Exodus Really Happen?" he mentions that other rabbis wanted him to keep the fiction of the Exodus story on the down-low. The basic story of the Exodus from Egypt (extracting supernatural elements) was touted to me as one of the most historical aspects of the Bible, …
Go back and review your original claim.

ding
The Book of Exodus says that there were 600,000 MEN in the Israelite horde, along with (we assume) wives and children, and assorted domestic animals, wagons with possessions, etc. So let’s guess that the human count alone was conservatively 1.2 million persons and we won’t bother with goats and chattel.

Forgetting for the moment that imposing organization on this milling horde would be kind of difficult let’s assume that Sergeant-major Moses somehow got this column organized with military precision; that is to say in a marching column 20 abreast, each row separated by 3 feet or so from the row behind. And off they marched, quick-step. A dang nice quasi-military spectacle to be sure. But that many people would form a compact column more than 34 miles long.

And Exodus tells us that this entire column crossed the parted sea in one night, from first row to the inevitable stragglers! No stopping for snacks or smoke breaks for those intrepid hikers, and if your donkey wandered off —. I dunno…should we cast some doubt on this account?

What was your original claim that I challenged? Do you remember?
That most Jewish scholars don't believe the Exodus. Egypt ruled Canaan at the time and the Jews emerged from the other Canaanite tribes that lived in Canaan.

That most Jewish scholars don't believe the Exodus.
That's close. I believe it was "That most Jewish scholars believe Exodus is a foundation myth and that the Jews were never slaves in Egypt."

Now all you have to do is provide a link that says those words.

Forum List

Back