Reconstructing Q: Some Research Done

I don't think that has much to do with a belief but more in the way you conduct yourself.

Every action is preceded by a thought.

What a person believes has everything thing to do with how they conduct themselves.

How a person conducts themselves demonstrates their beliefs whatever they may or may not express.

Well I and I'm sure plenty of other people who don't believe in gods know exactly how to conduct ourselves. In fact, I've overcome quite a few obstacles in my life. I'm not sad or depressed most of the time. I have a good relationship with my family. I live in a house and not in a dump. Lol. I go to work. I have a pet rabbit and I just live a regular boring life like anyone else.

I suspect your life would be greatly improved in every way if you would let go of all of that rancor and animosity towards religion that has been festering inside your brain like a terminal infection ever since you were a child.

I don't think that has much to do with a belief but more in the way you conduct yourself.

What a person believes has everything thing to do with how they conduct themselves.

How a person conducts themselves demonstrates their beliefs whatever they may or may not express.

Well I and I'm sure plenty of other people who don't believe in gods know exactly how to conduct ourselves. In fact, I've overcome quite a few obstacles in my life. I'm not sad or depressed most of the time. I have a good relationship with my family. I live in a house and not in a dump. Lol. I go to work. I have a pet rabbit and I just live a regular boring life like anyone else.

I suspect your life would be greatly improved in every way if you would let go of all of that rancor and animosity towards religion that has been festering inside your brain like an terminal infection ever since you were a child.

I don't have any animosity against it. I just think it's stupid and superstitious. Lol.

I suspect your life would be greatly improved in every way if you would let go of all of that rancor and animosity towards religion that has been festering inside your brain like an terminal infection ever since you were a child.

I don't have any animosity against it. I just think it's stupid and superstitious. Lol.
Then whats all the crying about uninformed depictions of hell?

I suspect your life would be greatly improved in every way if you would let go of all of that rancor and animosity towards religion that has been festering inside your brain like a terminal infection ever since you were a child.

Meh, I hardly ever post on the religious forums. I just decided that I wanted to express my opinions on the matter. I don't usually give it that much thought in my regular day to day life unless someone brings it up.

Then whats all the crying about uninformed depictions of hell?

I thought I made that clear. I wanted to know why anyone would worship something that would (allegedly) send you to a pit of fire for just questioning it's existence when it hides itself from you? I am trying to point out how the whole thing makes no logical sense at all?

Meh, I hardly ever post on the religious forums. I just decided that I wanted to express my opinions on the matter. I don't usually give it that much thought in my regular day to day life unless someone brings it up.

Horse hooey.

I saw you puke all over Independent yesterday and go after him like a pit bull on a poodle. You don't even know the guy. Hardly an indication that you don't think about the subject much and only have a casual interest..

Then when I squeezed your head a foul and smelly pus came out.

I'm sure things have never been better for you. Yeah, right.

IF there was any god, and that is a BIG if for me, then I doubt it is capable of "love" or any other type of human emotions. It would probably be nothing like what is described in any text. I doubt very much that it "loves" us.

Horse hooey.

I saw you puke all over Independent yesterday and go after him like a pit bull on a poodle. You don't even know the guy. Hardly an indication that you don't think about the subject much and only have a casual interest..

Seriously? I asked him some questions, he refused to answer and then started accusing me of being a "drunk." Lol! Obviously you weren't following along with the conversations. I can repost my post where I proved this? Would you like me to do that for you so you can be up to speed on what is going on?

You do realize that people without a belief in a god can conduct themselves in a civilized manner too? We can figure out how to solve problems and how to cope with bad situations without self destructing too. :)

Let's back up a little. Growing up, there were atheists in my own family. I married an atheist from an atheist family. Therefore I have never had any doubt that atheists know how to solve problems and cope with bad situations without self destructing. Therefore, I first found your question patronizing and insulting--but I'm getting past that.

You asked how people knew which interpretation was true. My response is that one has to try these things in their own personal lives and evaluate the result. If you don't think atheists can try out the belief of no God in their lives and evaluate the result, then you are not the atheist I thought you were. It is the same thing for each true believer. They begin by incorporating teachings into their own personal lives and evaluate the results. We're not so very different, whether we are Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or atheist.

Horse hooey.

Oh, that's right. You saw it, and then you asked me "obsess much?" I then told you that I had proved your allegations false, which I did. :) This is just yet another reason why I can't respect someone like you.

You do realize that people without a belief in a god can conduct themselves in a civilized manner too? We can figure out how to solve problems and how to cope with bad situations without self destructing too. :)

Let's back up a little. Growing up, there were atheists in my own family. I married an atheist from an atheist family. Therefore I have never had any doubt that atheists know how to solve problems and cope with bad situations without self destructing. Therefore, I first found your question patronizing and insulting--but I'm getting past that.

You asked how people knew which interpretation was true. My response is that one has to try these things in their own personal lives and evaluate the result. If you don't think atheists can try out the belief of no God in their lives and evaluate the result, then you are not the atheist I thought you were. It is the same thing for each true believer. They begin by incorporating teachings into their own personal lives and evaluate the results. We're not so very different, whether we are Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or atheist.

Your husband is an atheist? Atheists don't "try out" the "belief of no god." Atheists don't believe there IS a god period. How do you reconcile that in your marriage? Seems a bit awkward.

But I don't believe there is a god, so how can I "try out" believing in a god? I would just be lying to myself.

Do you guys think that people who don't believe in god end up in some "firey dump" somewhere, being unsuccessful, drug addicted, and sad and miserable and depressed all the time? Is that correct?
NO! That is false atheist propaganda about what Christians "really believe" and atheists need to drop it already. Begin with the premise that God is love. That will at least start you off on a correct step.

Do you guys think that people who don't believe in god end up in some "firey dump" somewhere, being unsuccessful, drug addicted, and sad and miserable and depressed all the time? Is that correct?
NO! That is false atheist propaganda about what Christians "really believe" and atheists need to drop it already. Begin with the premise that God is love. That will at least start you off on a correct step.

That is what YOU say, but you are only ONE person. I've have been told things like this directly by people who claim they believe in god. I've been accused of being demon. I've been threatened with "burning in hell for eternity" too, amongst other things.

You religious people just don't understand. I do NOT believe that a god exists. I do NOT lie to myself or delude myself into believing otherwise.

I'm sure that thats all true as much as it is relative to your current level of growth.

I have shown unbelievers how some are already conforming to the teaching in kosher law by standing guard over what teaching they will or will not swallow at the same time they are saying they find no value in the Bible that they claim is full of irrelevant and outdated archaic superstitions...

ugh....

Would you object to a more fulfilling and abundant experience of all that is good about life?

Your husband is an atheist? Atheists don't "try out" the "belief of no god." Atheists don't believe there IS a god period. How do you reconcile that in your marriage? Seems a bit awkward.

Atheists are able to think about "What if?" What if there is a God? The answer: Even if there should be a God, I'd want Him to leave me be because I want to figure this out on my own. (And they do.)

How do we reconcile our marriage? I'm not sure I understand. What problems are you imaging we have?

I'm sure that thats all true as much as it is relative to your current level of growth.

I have shown unbelievers how they are already conforming to the teaching in kosher law by standing guard over what teaching they will or will not swallow at the same time they are saying they find no value in the Bible that they claim is full of irrelevant and outdated archaic superstitions...

Would you object to a more fulfilling and abundant experience of all that is good about life?

My life is very fulfilling as it is. I don't need for anything, and I'm satisfied with what I have.

Forum List

Back