Reconstructing Q: Some Research Done

There's no actual geological proof for a worldwide flood.
Dinosaurs bones can be carbon dated for age. Bible myths? Not so much.
So how do you explain that geological proof says that the continents were together 200 million years ago? Is that when Noah lived?
Who said the flood was global?
Not the Torah.
Why a global flood to wipe out mankind when mankind occupied a fraction of the earth?

Carbon dating is manipulative comparative bullshit.
Don't even go there as I'm a modern orthodox Jew and almost everyone I know has an advanced science degree.

You know what's really cool?
You don't even know the flood story because you don't know Hebrew and you keep proving you haven't analyzed it.
There were humans in North America 6000 years ago, so if flood wasn't global, they lived through it. If you actually do know people with advanced science degrees, they'd be on board with carbon dating and could easily shoot down any Torah or Bible myths.

And if the flood wasn't global, how could it have lasted for so long, the water would have evened out over the earth in that amount of time?
There are a plethora of Carbon Dating books written by Orthodox Jewish scientists that have shot it down.
The fact that neither one of us can argue the actual science leads me to believe the people who will actually give a lecture on the pros and cons.
So, you're a science denier. Makes you nearly a lunatic.
Please provide your professional credentials.
No, but seriously, you deny science, and I don't have to have any credentials for science to be right. Whether you choose to live in a fantasy world or not doesn't negate that science is on the right path.

Who said the flood was global?
Not the Torah.
Why a global flood to wipe out mankind when mankind occupied a fraction of the earth?

Carbon dating is manipulative comparative bullshit.
Don't even go there as I'm a modern orthodox Jew and almost everyone I know has an advanced science degree.

You know what's really cool?
You don't even know the flood story because you don't know Hebrew and you keep proving you haven't analyzed it.
There were humans in North America 6000 years ago, so if flood wasn't global, they lived through it. If you actually do know people with advanced science degrees, they'd be on board with carbon dating and could easily shoot down any Torah or Bible myths.

And if the flood wasn't global, how could it have lasted for so long, the water would have evened out over the earth in that amount of time?
There are a plethora of Carbon Dating books written by Orthodox Jewish scientists that have shot it down.
The fact that neither one of us can argue the actual science leads me to believe the people who will actually give a lecture on the pros and cons.
No, but seriously, you deny science, and I don't have to have any credentials for science to be right. Whether you choose to live in a fantasy world or not doesn't negate that science is on the right path.
Explain how I deny science.
The fact that you are stating that Carbon Dating is an exact science proves you're a moron.

The fact that you are stating that Carbon Dating is an exact science proves you're a moron.
There is no geological proof of a flood that killed almost everyone in that region, even if we discount that it wasn't global.

There is no geological proof of a flood that killed almost everyone in that region, even if we discount that it wasn't global.
Until you study the verses you have no clue about what the Torah says and yet you continue to babble.
And you continue to believe that the current standards of Geology can make such determinations.

I guess that's why archeologists in Israel have just dug up 18 levels of infrastructure beneath the Western Wall when Geology could not determine such without the actual digging.
So much for Geology being able to determine everything.

I am going to write the book on Geology using my own professional nomenclature and English snytax and grammar.
I will call it the King James Book of Geology.
I am sure you will approve of that plan along with your acceptance of the KJ Bible.

I have no idea what you mean by "acceptance"? KJ exists, I accept that, is it an exact translation of the original Greek, that I don't accept. Is it a good approximation of the meaning and intent of the original Greek? I have no reason to believe otherwise but I doubt it matters too much. The original Greek text has been changed over the centuries so we really don't know what the original text was. I suspect that is the case with all ancient texts.

You sure are typing a ton of words to avoid showing you don't even know what Genesis 1:1 means, let alone the issue of the Flood.
I think I know what Genesis 1:1 means but I suspect you'd disagree. Why don't you share you knowledge?

Regarding Orthodox Jews and science raising a Red Flag, make a promise here and now that you will never use anything invented by an OJ and never make use if the services of an OJ.
I promise to never accept the non-religious authority of any religious fundamentalist without first attempting to understand their biases.

Hey guys, I came here hoping to learn more about the mysterious source, Q. Instead I have to listen to you two fuss over bullshit?

WHERE IS Q?

I am going to write the book on Geology using my own professional nomenclature and English snytax and grammar.
I will call it the King James Book of Geology.
I am sure you will approve of that plan along with your acceptance of the KJ Bible.

I have no idea what you mean by "acceptance"? KJ exists, I accept that, is it an exact translation of the original Greek, that I don't accept. Is it a good approximation of the meaning and intent of the original Greek? I have no reason to believe otherwise but I doubt it matters too much. The original Greek text has been changed over the centuries so we really don't know what the original text was. I suspect that is the case with all ancient texts.

You sure are typing a ton of words to avoid showing you don't even know what Genesis 1:1 means, let alone the issue of the Flood.
I think I know what Genesis 1:1 means but I suspect you'd disagree. Why don't you share you knowledge?

Regarding Orthodox Jews and science raising a Red Flag, make a promise here and now that you will never use anything invented by an OJ and never make use if the services of an OJ.
I promise to never accept the non-religious authority of any religious fundamentalist without first attempting to understand their biases.
So you missed the entire point of you saying something of which you know nothing is nonsense.

Hey guys, I came here hoping to learn more about the mysterious source, Q. Instead I have to listen to you two fuss over bullshit?

WHERE IS Q?
Q from Star Dreck - The Politically Correct, Unbearably Boring Generation?

Until you study the verses you have no clue about what the Torah says and yet you continue to babble.
And you continue to believe that the current standards of Geology can make such determinations.

I guess that's why archeologists in Israel have just dug up 18 levels of infrastructure beneath the Western Wall when Geology could not determine such without the actual digging.
What difference would reading the Torah have to go with the geologic record?

WHERE IS Q?
Yes, of course I thought of the Q from Star Trek. But I thought this thread might be about something else. Nevermind.

WHERE IS Q?
Yes, of course I thought of the Q from Star Trek. But I thought this thread might be about something else. Nevermind.
As with most USMB threads, the first pages are interesting and then everything is downhill from there. Hopefully you knew Q is not from Star Trek.

Geology is so accurate that...
Finding Oil Deposits is 100% accurate.
Finding Gas Deposits is 100% accurate.
Finding precious metals is 100% accurate.

Get the point?

Get the point?
You can't find oil deposits with a Torah.
You can't find gas deposits with a Torah.
You can't find precious metals with a Torah.

Get the point?
But I'm not the one who called the Torah bullshit and Geology infallible science capable of exposing the secrets of the world.

You realize by now that you've been crushed?

Be specific...what degree do you possess?
Just between the two of us, a Masters in Geology

that's good------then you should know that in order to understand
LITERATURE of any kind------the bedrock of that literature----THE LANGUAGE ----is important. In order to understand language------its USAGE AT THE TIME IT IS USED-----is a
MAIN FACTOR in interpreting it
On the other hand, not knowing a language shouldn't prevent someone from mining that literature for a vein of truth and gaining an understanding of its layers. It's that ore just give up. Anyway those are just my sediments.

SEDIMENT is the sludge that falls to the bottom. Are you sure that you are searching for SEDIMENT?

getting back to that which I am guessing is your point----if you want to know what the words in the NT meant----especially those specifically said by Jesus-------ask a scholar of the Talmud. Jesus quotes the Talmud incessantly and ACTUALLY SPOKE THE LANGUAGE OF THE TALMUD----
which is the form of Aramaic that talmudists used in Jerusalem----and also in Babylon.---to a great extent. Reading the NT without knowing Talmudic Aramaic-----which actually does include a good amount of Hebrew ----is like
reading Cantebury tales without a translation----just as a speaker of American English. I am relatively clueless in Aramaic----but Hebrew helps. As to English-----I am also cluelsss in cockney

Get the point?
But I'm not the one who called the Torah bullshit and Geology infallible science capable of exposing the secrets of the world.

lol, man, you're seriously deluded if you think that you can crush geology with the Torah. That's the funniest thing that I've heard here in a while, and that's saying something! :lmao:

I think the term Orthodox Jewish scientists should be a red flag. Radiometric dating is a proven science, tested and accepted by the majority scientists, at least those without an agenda.

yes it is-----but to call it PRECISE is truly idiotic

Get the point?

lol, man, you're seriously deluded if you think that you can crush geology with the Torah. That's the funniest thing that I've heard here in a while, and that's saying something! :lmao:
Your hatred for religion has truly marred your ability to follow a conversation.
You initiated an attack.
I enlightened you, much to your chagrin, that your complete lack of knowledge regarding the subject of your attack renders your attack meaningless.
You then lost control of your ability to follow a structured, logical flow of facts.
It's ok, you're not the first atheist I have encountered who throws feces at the wall at random and hopes that I'm not keeping track of their inability to express themselves regarding anything they hate.

Get the point?

can you GET ME THE POINT---where I can harvest the gold?

Get the point?

Your hatred for religion has truly marred your ability to follow a conversation.
You initiated an attack.
I enlightened you, much to your chagrin, that your complete lack of knowledge regarding the subject of your attack renders your attack meaningless.
You then lost control of your ability to follow a structured, logical flow of facts.
It's ok, you're not the first atheist I have encountered who throws feces at the wall at random and hopes that I'm not keeping track of their inability to express themselves regarding anything they hate.
I am agnostic, as there's no proof either way for or against a god. So no, I don't hate religion, and you've presented zero facts, just a book of myths.

Forum List

Back