Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Somebody else's vile racism isn't justification for violating company policy. She should have reported the incident to her manager instead of posting the receipt on Facebook.

i'm guessing these guys came in saw their meal as takeout and felt no reason to leave a tip. she decided to jump on Obama's famous race card bandwagon and made the comment herself

I never leave a tip on a to go order. There was no service.
The cooks get paid a regular wage.
When I bartended, we never expected a tip on to go orders. If someone left a tip it was because they were a regular customer.
Why this person expected to be tipped is a mystery.

Really, it isn't. :lol:

Yeah, but what did SHE do wrong? She didn't call in the national guard, she simply posted a racial assholes receipt on facebook.

And now both she and the restaurant's owner will be sued.
Good. Bury them both for their negligence.

I wouldn't bother suing her. I doubt she has a pot to piss in. Let alone any money.

Evidently she somehow knew she was going to make 10K through donations. I'd say she has a couple of pots to piss in. If she did it and its a crime that the police will even investigate she will get caught. She still may lose her job for being the cause of company property being posted on the internet.

I never leave a tip on a to go order. There was no service.
The cooks get paid a regular wage.
When I bartended, we never expected a tip on to go orders. If someone left a tip it was because they were a regular customer.
Why this person expected to be tipped is a mystery.

From one of the articles I read. They were seated at a table and when she came to take their order, they gave it and asked for it "to go". She said they acted weird.

And that holds any significance how?
The fact that she was not tipped could have been for any number of reasons.
The issue here is the handwriting is not of the customer. That much is certain. Now, either the waitress herself wrote the slur, or she had someone else write it.
The fact that she released the image to the public( her father is a member of the public) in direct violation of company rules and made an issue out of it, tells those with common sense that she is exacting vengeance on the customer for one reason or another. The logical conclusion is that she did not get a tip.

Who told you it was certain the handwriting was not the customers? The only person claiming that is the customer. Go figure. If it was a take out order why would she even expect a tip?

And now both she and the restaurant's owner will be sued.
Good. Bury them both for their negligence.

I wouldn't bother suing her. I doubt she has a pot to piss in. Let alone any money.

Evidently she somehow knew she was going to make 10K through donations. I'd say she has a couple of pots to piss in. If she did it and its a crime that the police will even investigate she will get caught. She still may lose her job for being the cause of company property being posted on the internet.

evidently she knew she will get money that is why she started the whole hoax.

By now, they have either promoted her to general manager, or they are looking for cause to fire her. I hope it is the latter.

Obviously you have convinced yourself that there MUST be something racist here because you MUST believe it.
And anyone with a keen eye for detail can tell those two words were not written by the same person.

My guess is that he would be happy to side with everyone that has analyzed the handwriting if we were pointing out how it leads us to believe that the customer wrote the slur. His problem is we prefer to be honest.

Maybe you should stop guessing.

I know what you are led to believe. If I were a thoughtless person who thought he could analyze handwriting.....and was certain that the samples provided were genuine....I might be led to believe the same thing.

But...I prefer my style. I'll wait until I am certain. You should too.

That was funny. I am certain that the slur was not written by the same person who signed the receipt. I know this because, unlike you, I don't need an expert to tell me what is in front of my face.

My guess is that he would be happy to side with everyone that has analyzed the handwriting if we were pointing out how it leads us to believe that the customer wrote the slur. His problem is we prefer to be honest.

I know what you are led to believe. If I were a thoughtless person who thought he could analyze handwriting.....and was certain that the samples provided were genuine....I might be led to believe the same thing.

That was funny. I am certain that the slur was not written by the same person who signed the receipt. I know this because, unlike you, I don't need an expert to tell me what is in front of my face.

You have had 30 years of experience as a handwriting analyst, I hear. Cool.

Who wrote the word "******" on that receipt. Can you say with certainty?

You are never certain. You deny reality constantly. You should also refrain from giving advice. Funny how you called QWB a "thoughtless person" when he mentioned yesterday in this thread he had been a professional handwriting analyst for the better part of 30 years.

Your style is flawed.

He was? First I heard of that. I knew I should have read every post! Dammit!

Listen here, dummy. You now need to find an example of me rushing to judgement or you will have to put yourself on "double-super-duper-secret probation" it is the Templar code!

So now something is ‘true’ because an anonymous poster on an internet message board says it is?

First I’ve heard of that as well…

How many times have I handed you your ass in s discussion about constitutional law?

How it works out is.....either one of those two people is a complete idiot.....or a third person wrote the word "******" on the receipt. In which case....we are all complete idiots.

How am I an idiot if someone else wrote it when I already said that it looks like she didn't write it from the poor quality samples of her writing I have seen? Is it remotely possible that the idiot here is you?

You forgot one important thing. Why would she do that and then send it to her father? What would she gain except possibly getting fired for sending sensitive information to a non-employee?

Why? Look at the fur flying here.
This is clearly an attempt to create a lawsuit.
The waitress was pissed off because she did not get tipped.
So she decided to make this into a racial issue to cover her tracks.
She was the one who illegally, yes illegally released private and proprietary information to the public. She claims her father did it. Bullshit. SHE sent it to her father.
She will be used and so will her employer. Libel, slander and defamation of character.
It's all very clear she did all three things.

Then the customer who is receiving threats etc as a result should be going to the police.

Feel free to provide evidence he didn't.

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! Hello, McFly! You in there, stupid?!?!

It was a TAKE-OUT ORDER! Get that to sink through that thick skull into your walnut-sized brain, dumbass!

Link?

:cuckoo:

The waitress said it was a to-go order. The customer said it was a to-go order in his letter. The restaurant said it was a to-go order. The articles said it was a to-go order.

That would require reading, something Sallow never learned.

The most plausible idea I have heard so far for Jenkins being the culprit is that Jenkins somehow knew she was going to make 10K thru donations so she chanced her job and her credibility. You guys should look up Occams Razor to help you in your wild fantasies. The racist that happened to have a pastor as an attorney probably wrote it. Another theory that makes sense is someone else completely different from the 2 involved parties wrote it.

Is that the only possible explanation? Is it remotely possible that she had decided to quit? That she slept through the part of the training that told her not to do this? That she is an asshole?

Managers are expected to hover over everyone as they sign their charge slip to prevent them from writing something stupid?

Today as i was going thru charge slips I found a comment from a guest.
I looked up his name in the phonebook and thanked him for the suggestion
:thup:
If the person in charge did nothing about what was done to her, she should have sued them then!

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

P.S. The customer may always be right, but that does NOT give the customer the right to be HATEFUL. If that person did not want to be waited on by a black person, why didn't they just leave?
Gee..Another non observant knee jerk reactionary lib comes a sniveling..
Cupcake, there is no proof anything was done to this waitress.
In fact as time passes, this is looking more and more like a hoax.
Turning a person's color into an issue when they have done nothing to deserve being slid underneath such a microscope, in my opinion, is over the line wrong.

God bless you and that lady always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. And for the record, I am most definitely not a liberal person.

How it works out is.....either one of those two people is a complete idiot.....or a third person wrote the word "******" on the receipt. In which case....we are all complete idiots.

How am I an idiot if someone else wrote it when I already said that it looks like she didn't write it from the poor quality samples of her writing I have seen? Is it remotely possible that the idiot here is you?

Well...clearly I missed that post. Just as I missed the one where you told us that you were a handwriting analyst.

So...let us clarify.

I am saying that I do not know who wrote the word "******" on tht receipt.
You are saying that you do not know who wrote the word "******" on that receipt.

There are a dozen posters who have stated that the girl wrote the word "******" on that receipt, based on their analysis.

You are arguing with me here.

Nah......you are the idiot.

Darkness is in front of his face. But try telling him that! :lol:

From one of the articles I read. They were seated at a table and when she came to take their order, they gave it and asked for it "to go". She said they acted weird.

And that holds any significance how?
The fact that she was not tipped could have been for any number of reasons.
The issue here is the handwriting is not of the customer. That much is certain. Now, either the waitress herself wrote the slur, or she had someone else write it.
The fact that she released the image to the public( her father is a member of the public) in direct violation of company rules and made an issue out of it, tells those with common sense that she is exacting vengeance on the customer for one reason or another. The logical conclusion is that she did not get a tip.

Who told you it was certain the handwriting was not the customers? The only person claiming that is the customer. Go figure. If it was a take out order why would she even expect a tip?

If it was a takeout order? That has been stipulated by her, and the restaurant, yet she still took a photo of the receipt.

You have had 30 years of experience as a handwriting analyst, I hear. Cool.

Who wrote the word "******" on that receipt. Can you say with certainty?

Do I look like God to you?

He was? First I heard of that. I knew I should have read every post! Dammit!

Listen here, dummy. You now need to find an example of me rushing to judgement or you will have to put yourself on "double-super-duper-secret probation" it is the Templar code!

So now something is ‘true’ because an anonymous poster on an internet message board says it is?

First I’ve heard of that as well…

How many times have I handed you your ass in s discussion about constitutional law?

He is a janitor at the law school. He can't do any better. All he wants for Christmas is a coat like the Marlboro man's. :lol:

Forum List

Back