Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

I still think she'll cave from the pressure and come clean before she gets charged with a crime.

Waitress Toni Christina Jenkins writing closely match ****** on the receipt. The light inconsistent pressure, upward sloping word endings, the way she forms most of her characters, etc. Customer Devin Barnes keeps firm stead pressure & stays on the lines. His characters are formed differently than ****** on the receipt.

Waitress Toni Christina Jenkins notes
9766702992_9e71568b3f_o.jpg

Red Lobster Receipt
o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg

Customer Devin Barnes letter
1378873691_VWQYu1HKT6iOOhoNkj59_devin%20barnes%20statement.jpg

If thats Jenkins writing in the photo now I'm convinced she did not write it. Her capital N goes off to the right. The capital N on the receipt comes back to the left. Thats a big break in habit. the customer obviously wrote it because he was too lame to realize no one expects a tip on a take out order.

It looks to me like the "i" is different as well.

The "i" in "******" is dahsed quite differently than his signature "i", also his handwriten "i"s in his note aren't curved the way the "******" one is.

I'm not saying he is innocent, but it certainly leaves room for doubt. I don't think it can be proved one way or another, it will be a "he said she said" case.

I'm pretty sure she did it and I think a handwriting expert would prove it. $10,000 for ruining a man's reputation, what a deal?

Who told you it was certain the handwriting was not the customers? The only person claiming that is the customer. Go figure. If it was a take out order why would she even expect a tip?

If it was a takeout order? That has been stipulated by her, and the restaurant, yet she still took a photo of the receipt.

I may have taken a picture as well just as a momento. Again if it was a take out order even more reason to not expect a tip.

Yet she complained anyway. Did it ever occur to you that people are not sensible?

Waitress Toni Christina Jenkins writing closely match ****** on the receipt. The light inconsistent pressure, upward sloping word endings, the way she forms most of her characters, etc. Customer Devin Barnes keeps firm stead pressure & stays on the lines. His characters are formed differently than ****** on the receipt.

Waitress Toni Christina Jenkins notes
9766702992_9e71568b3f_o.jpg

Red Lobster Receipt
o-TONI-CHRISTINA-JENKINS-RACIST-RECEIPT-570.jpg

Customer Devin Barnes letter
1378873691_VWQYu1HKT6iOOhoNkj59_devin%20barnes%20statement.jpg

If thats Jenkins writing in the photo now I'm convinced she did not write it. Her capital N goes off to the right. The capital N on the receipt comes back to the left. Thats a big break in habit. the customer obviously wrote it because he was too lame to realize no one expects a tip on a take out order.

You remind me of something I heard for weeks during boot camp, the DI yelling "Your other left."

The jury is still out on this one. The truth will be known, though - but I find it hard to believe that she would put her future in jeopardy over this. Writing the insult herself - she wants to be a nurse, who will have her if she caused this trouble herself?

Maybe she is failing her classes and decided a ploy for sympathy might get her better grades.

The jury is still out on this one. The truth will be known, though - but I find it hard to believe that she would put her future in jeopardy over this. Writing the insult herself - she wants to be a nurse, who will have her if she caused this trouble herself?

Maybe she is failing her classes and decided a ploy for sympathy might get her better grades.

Yeah! That's it! That really makes sense! Genius again!

BTW....you have just claimed that she wrote the word ******. Contradict yourself much?

Last edited:
If it was a takeout order? That has been stipulated by her, and the restaurant, yet she still took a photo of the receipt.

I may have taken a picture as well just as a momento. Again if it was a take out order even more reason to not expect a tip.

Yet she complained anyway. Did it ever occur to you that people are not sensible?

Now youre lying. She sent the photo to her dad who posted it. She never meant for everyone to see it. Yes people are not sensible. The choose elaborate reasons why someone did something like she knew she would make 10k of this so she forged the reciept and sent it to her father to post on facebook to start a charity to make 10K. The simples reason is obvious. The customer did it. Why is that hard to believe? Is it because white people dont do things like that? :lol:

Yeah! That's it! That really makes sense! Genius again!

BTW....you have just claimed that she wrote the word ******. Contradict yourself much?

The first thing to remember when you try to argue that people wouldn't do something because it doesn't make sense is that people always do things that don't make sense. For example, you keep posting drivel despite the fact that people continually humiliate you when you do.

I didn't claim she wrote anything, I am saying she posted the photo online.

Last edited:

Now youre lying. She sent the photo to her dad who posted it. She never meant for everyone to see it. Yes people are not sensible. The choose elaborate reasons why someone did something like she knew she would make 10k of this so she forged the reciept and sent it to her father to post on facebook to start a charity to make 10K. The simples reason is obvious. The customer did it. Why is that hard to believe? Is it because white people dont do things like that? :lol:

Unless her dad has her Facebook password, she posted it herself. My guess is that she has set up her phone to automatically post pictures to her Facebook account, and forgot. That does not mean she didn't posted it, it just proves she was stupid.

Deal with the world the way it is, not the world where no one ever does stupid things.

Unless her dad has her Facebook password, she posted it herself. My guess is that she has set up her phone to automatically post pictures to her Facebook account, and forgot. That does not mean she didn't posted it, it just proves she was stupid.

Deal with the world the way it is, not the world where no one ever does stupid things.

Unless the article is wrong it says her Dad posted it. I am dealing with the world and the stupid thing that was done was the customer wrote it. It was racist and stupid.

No SHE posted it. She admitted posting it of Facebook herself. And the reason it's so hard to believe is the handwriting doesn't match! And I'm not sure she has a father, if you check her Facebook page, all kinds of pictures of her mom but none of her dad.

No SHE posted it. She admitted posting it of Facebook herself. And the reason it's so hard to believe is the handwriting doesn't match! And I'm not sure she has a father, if you check her Facebook page, all kinds of pictures of her mom but none of her dad.

Do you have a link to something refuting this? Not saying you are wrong but where does she say she posted it?

A spokesman for Red Lobster, Mike Bernstein, said in an email to the Huffington Post that suspension with pay is “standard procedure” when company policy is violated. In this case, the violation would be publicly posting a receipt, which Jenkins’ father did, on Facebook, Sunday night, with a status message saying “that we still have much ignorance to overcome.”

Unless the article is wrong it says her Dad posted it. I am dealing with the world and the stupid thing that was done was the customer wrote it. It was racist and stupid.

Red Lobster Waitress Toni Jenkins Says She Was Reprimanded by Employer For Posting Receipt | EURweb
*So after Red Lobster waitress Toni Christina Jenkins posted the receipt that a customer left with the N-word on it to her Facebook page, she says she got reprimanded from her bosses when she returned to work Thursday.

Red Lobster waitress posts racist receipt, and no tip, from customer ? and gets suspended by restaurant - NY Daily News

Nursing student Toni Christina Jenkins, 19, took a picture of the nasty comment and posted it on Facebook. Then she says she started getting harassed over her claims.

Jenkins, a nursing student, snapped a picture of the troubling message from the Franklin, Tenn. restaurant and shared it on Facebook.

"This is what I got as a tip last night...so happy to live in the proud southern states. God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee," she wrote

<<<

Google is our friend.

Last edited:

Red Lobster Waitress Toni Jenkins Says She Was Reprimanded by Employer For Posting Receipt | EURweb
*So after Red Lobster waitress Toni Christina Jenkins posted the receipt that a customer left with the N-word on it to her Facebook page, she says she got reprimanded from her bosses when she returned to work Thursday.

Red Lobster waitress posts racist receipt, and no tip, from customer ? and gets suspended by restaurant - NY Daily News

Nursing student Toni Christina Jenkins, 19, took a picture of the nasty comment and posted it on Facebook. Then she says she started getting harassed over her claims.

Jenkins, a nursing student, snapped a picture of the troubling message from the Franklin, Tenn. restaurant and shared it on Facebook.

"This is what I got as a tip last night...so happy to live in the proud southern states. God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee," she wrote

<<<

Google is our friend.

So maybe the first report got it wrong. That still doesn't explain why she would do this using the elaborate scheme you guys are saying. The customer already admitted he wrote the none on the receipt. Its pretty obvious he wrote the N word as well. All the verbal gymnastics in the world still cant change that him writing it is the most likely scenario. She is a nursing student and of high character and religious. What do we know about the customer other than his pastor doubles as a lawyer?

Last edited:

Even if that is true, which I doubt since she also said she only wanted her friends on Facebook to see it, she still violated company policy, which means she did something stupid.

Stop pretending she didn't because you want to believe in unicorns.

<<<

Google is our friend.

So maybe the first report got it wrong. That still doesn't explain why she would do this using the elaborate scheme you guys are saying. The customer already admitted he wrote the none on the receipt. Its pretty obvious he wrote the N word as well. All the verbal gymnastics in the world still cant change that him writing it is the most likely scenario. She is a nursing student and of high character and religious. What do we know about the customer other than his pastor doubles as a lawyer?

There wasn't anything elaborate about it, it was stupid, and she got caught. She reacted to that by being human, and lying. How is that elaborate?

Even if that is true, which I doubt since she also said she only wanted her friends on Facebook to see it, she still violated company policy, which means she did something stupid.

Stop pretending she didn't because you want to believe in unicorns.

I already said she should have never taken a photo and sent it to her dad since it contained sensitive information. Did you miss that one?

<<<

Google is our friend.

There wasn't anything elaborate about it, it was stupid, and she got caught. She reacted to that by being human, and lying. How is that elaborate?

So now you are saying she made up this plan to post it on facebook knowing she was going to get 10K? Thats much more elaborate than the truth. The simplest scenario is that the customer wrote it like she said because he was racist.

<<<

Google is our friend.

The handwriting doesn't match! A handwriting expert will be able to prove that SHE wrote the "n" word. Heck, looking at her school notes (assuming those are hers) and looking at his letter to the restaurant, it's obvious the one who wrote the school notes wrote the "n" word, not the one that wrote the letter to the restaurant. Again, I read a book on handwriting analysis when I was younger. I'm not an expert but I do know some things. She's made over $10,000 ruining this guy's reputation. Even if she didn't write the "n" word, even if he did write the "n" word, she put in on the internet for all to see. With HIS name and the last 4 numbers of his credit card, which a good hacker could use to get his entire credit card number, it's the last 4 that are the most important.

What she did was wrong. She should lose her job and I can't imagine anyone hiring her as a nurse considering she has no respect for other people's privacy.

Forum List

Back