Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Unless the article is wrong it says her Dad posted it. I am dealing with the world and the stupid thing that was done was the customer wrote it. It was racist and stupid.

Red Lobster Waitress Toni Jenkins Says She Was Reprimanded by Employer For Posting Receipt | EURweb
*So after Red Lobster waitress Toni Christina Jenkins posted the receipt that a customer left with the N-word on it to her Facebook page, she says she got reprimanded from her bosses when she returned to work Thursday.

Red Lobster waitress posts racist receipt, and no tip, from customer ? and gets suspended by restaurant - NY Daily News

Nursing student Toni Christina Jenkins, 19, took a picture of the nasty comment and posted it on Facebook. Then she says she started getting harassed over her claims.

Jenkins, a nursing student, snapped a picture of the troubling message from the Franklin, Tenn. restaurant and shared it on Facebook.

"This is what I got as a tip last night...so happy to live in the proud southern states. God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee," she wrote

<<<

Google is our friend.

So maybe the first report got it wrong. That still doesn't explain why she would do this using the elaborate scheme you guys are saying. The customer already admitted he wrote the none on the receipt. Its pretty obvious he wrote the N word as well. All the verbal gymnastics in the world still cant change that him writing it is the most likely scenario. She is a nursing student and of high character and religious. What do we know about the customer other than his pastor doubles as a lawyer?
how does being a nursing student and *religious amount to her being of *high character * so is it a fact that people who go to church and are medical student are of high character? where are the facts to prove that assumption .

Unless the article is wrong it says her Dad posted it. I am dealing with the world and the stupid thing that was done was the customer wrote it. It was racist and stupid.

Even if that is true, which I doubt since she also said she only wanted her friends on Facebook to see it, she still violated company policy, which means she did something stupid.

Stop pretending she didn't because you want to believe in unicorns.

I already said she should have never taken a photo and sent it to her dad since it contained sensitive information. Did you miss that one?

You keep arguing that she wouldn't have done anything that jeopardized her future. My point is that people do stupid things all the time.

So maybe the first report got it wrong. That still doesn't explain why she would do this using the elaborate scheme you guys are saying. The customer already admitted he wrote the none on the receipt. Its pretty obvious he wrote the N word as well. All the verbal gymnastics in the world still cant change that him writing it is the most likely scenario. She is a nursing student and of high character and religious. What do we know about the customer other than his pastor doubles as a lawyer?

There wasn't anything elaborate about it, it was stupid, and she got caught. She reacted to that by being human, and lying. How is that elaborate?

So now you are saying she made up this plan to post it on facebook knowing she was going to get 10K? Thats much more elaborate than the truth. The simplest scenario is that the customer wrote it like she said because he was racist.

No, I am saying she was stupid.

Red Lobster Waitress Toni Jenkins Says She Was Reprimanded by Employer For Posting Receipt | EURweb
*So after Red Lobster waitress Toni Christina Jenkins posted the receipt that a customer left with the N-word on it to her Facebook page, she says she got reprimanded from her bosses when she returned to work Thursday.

Red Lobster waitress posts racist receipt, and no tip, from customer ? and gets suspended by restaurant - NY Daily News

Nursing student Toni Christina Jenkins, 19, took a picture of the nasty comment and posted it on Facebook. Then she says she started getting harassed over her claims.

Jenkins, a nursing student, snapped a picture of the troubling message from the Franklin, Tenn. restaurant and shared it on Facebook.

"This is what I got as a tip last night...so happy to live in the proud southern states. God Bless America, land of the free and home of the low class racists of Tennessee," she wrote

<<<

Google is our friend.

The handwriting doesn't match! A handwriting expert will be able to prove that SHE wrote the "n" word. Heck, looking at her school notes (assuming those are hers) and looking at his letter to the restaurant, it's obvious the one who wrote the school notes wrote the "n" word, not the one that wrote the letter to the restaurant. Again, I read a book on handwriting analysis when I was younger. I'm not an expert but I do know some things. She's made over $10,000 ruining this guy's reputation. Even if she didn't write the "n" word, even if he did write the "n" word, she put in on the internet for all to see. With HIS name and the last 4 numbers of his credit card, which a good hacker could use to get his entire credit card number, it's the last 4 that are the most important.

What she did was wrong. She should lose her job and I can't imagine anyone hiring her as a nurse considering she has no respect for other people's privacy.

I understand you want it to be her that did the writing. The evidence all points to the customer doing it. She probably will get fired for posting it but that doesnt change the fact that her handwriting doesn't match anything on the receipt from what I saw of her notes. I believe her until i see something that says something different. i dont believe the customer that wrote it and lied about it.

Yeah, but what did SHE do wrong? She didn't call in the national guard, she simply posted a racial assholes receipt on facebook.

What part of the company policy do you not understand?
If Red Lobster did NOT suspend her, they would have done "something wrong" for not enforcing policies uniformly.
She is lucky she is not fired, and likely would have been had it not been for the media attention.
If the guy did this, then he is an asshole.
The world is full of them.

<<<

Google is our friend.

how does being a nursing student and *religious amount to her being of *high character * so is it a fact that people who go to church and are medical student are of high character? where are the facts to prove that assumption .

The same way being white and having a pastor that doubles as an attorney makes the customer innocent of this.

The same way being white and having a pastor that doubles as an attorney makes the customer innocent of this.

Everyone who has said he didn't write the "n" word is basing it on the handwriting, not on his color or his pastor.

Everyone who has said he didn't write the "n" word is basing it on the handwriting, not on his color or his pastor.

So explain why he didnt do it but she did? What exactly makes you believe him over her other than you thinking you are a handwriting expert?

So explain why he didnt do it but she did? What exactly makes you believe him over her other than you thinking you are a handwriting expert?

I think either her or her father did it to get money in a law suit

How are they going to pull that one off? If she violated policy then that pretty much ends it.

There wasn't anything elaborate about it, it was stupid, and she got caught. She reacted to that by being human, and lying. How is that elaborate?

So now you are saying she made up this plan to post it on facebook knowing she was going to get 10K? Thats much more elaborate than the truth. The simplest scenario is that the customer wrote it like she said because he was racist.

He is a private citizen who did not seek notoriety. I hope he sues your ass for your posts on here.

He is a private citizen who did not seek notoriety. I hope he sues your ass for your posts on here.

He sought notoriety once he wrote that on the receipt. He can attempt to sue me but he better bring a lunch.

Maybe she is failing her classes and decided a ploy for sympathy might get her better grades.

Yeah! That's it! That really makes sense! Genius again!

BTW....you have just claimed that she wrote the word ******. Contradict yourself much?

The first thing to remember when you try to argue that people wouldn't do something because it doesn't make sense is that people always do things that don't make sense. For example, you keep posting drivel despite the fact that people continually humiliate you when you do.

I didn't claim she wrote anything, I am saying she posted the photo online.

Now, you are lying. Pathetic.

There is no reason other than the handwriting. None....I never said I was an expert. I read a book on it years ago. I think a handwriting expert should look at it and samples of writing for both people and I'm willing to bet the "n" word on the receipt will match hers, not his.

And I don't think a person any person with upstanding morals would post someone else's credit card receipt on Facebook, no matter what it said. So I know HER morals aren't good. As for his, the jury is still out, until a handwriting expert gives us a clue, or she confesses.

Considering she's already made over $10,000, I'd say it's obvious she did it for the money.

He sought notoriety once he wrote that on the receipt. He can attempt to sue me but he better bring a lunch.

No he didn't. Credit card receipts are private.

There is no reason other than the handwriting. None....I never said I was an expert. I read a book on it years ago. I think a handwriting expert should look at it and samples of writing for both people and I'm willing to bet the "n" word on the receipt will match hers, not his.

And I don't think a person any person with upstanding morals would post someone else's credit card receipt on Facebook, no matter what it said. So I know HER morals aren't good. As for his, the jury is still out, until a handwriting expert gives us a clue, or she confesses.

This case is not currently on message board time. This case is on lawyer time, now. This will NOT be dropped.

Forum List

Back