Red Lobster suspends waitress after she was insulted with a racial slur

Except that there is a signature line on the customer receipt. Most people sign it without even realizing it. Also, most people aren't thieves.

NO there is not....now how about you take your stupid ass out of this thread....what was once funny ain't funny anymore.....SCRAM. :eusa_eh:

Some software has signature lines on both receipts...in my experience, that is more common than only one having the line! (Many terminals simply print two identical copies.)

Where did you get that from? I never said she plotted anything out. I would think she would have to plot it out beforehand and know that she would donations for it to even make it worth risking her job.

Why?

Here is what happened. She took the photo, and posted it. This violated company policy, and she got a paid vacation as a result, and whined because she doesn't understand the difference between a day off with pay and a suspension. Idiots were outraged, and gave her money.

What, exactly, did she have to plot out in advance? The paid suspension?

No plotting involved,

Why?

What reason would she do it for and why would that make her more likely?

She would need to know she would not get terminated and get a paid vacation. She would need to know she would get 10K and she would need to know that it would go viral. Thats a lot of maybes. His requires only one thing. "I hate black people."

She wanted attention, she got it.

Yet she posted the picture, which proves she had time to do whatever else you think she needed to do.

Thats not the point though. I said its way more likely he simply wrote it rather than her doing this elaborate scheme people are trying to dream up to clear the customer.

Except he did not write it.

You know I am not saying she did, yet you want to argue with me like I am the racist because I can see what is in front of my face.

I'm saying she did. Someone posted her notes from school and her words slant upwards just like the "n" word did. I'm not an expert, but I'm willing to bet on it.

To me its way more probable he did it than the elaborate scheme you would need to believe in order to think she was lying. Unless you are a handwriting expert any difference you may think you see in the "none" and the n word is irrelevant.

What's "elaborate" about it? She writes the "n" word, she posts it on Facebook, she asks for and receives money. Seems pretty simple to me.

Him simply writing the slur is way more simple.

The SIMPLEST thing here is, of course, YOU! God and goddess, this is like debating my cats.

She isn't. She does not respect the basic principle of privacy of information. It does not matter if the client or a patient is an asshole - his private information is SACROSANCT.
It also does not matter if she posted private info online for the revenge or out of stupidity or out of need for attention - she is able to violate the privacy - she will be a liability for any medical entity, because the HIPAA law is extremely strict.

Everything else is irrelevant, but she did an extreme disservice for herself and future employment.

Vox, I think that part of it is fair enough. Whatever else did or didn't happen, her judgement in posting a photo of the receipt on Facebook (or any other public form) was pretty poor. It's uncontroverted she did that, and her employer has disciplined her accordingly. That said, she IS a nineteen year-old student, not a fully trained and licensed nurse, and I do not know that she has received appropriate training in the ethics of that profession as of yet (if she has, that would put a different spin on it). Given that, and the obvious lack of critical thinking/decision making skills among so many of our young people, I don't know that we can say her character is quite beyond redemption, based on what we now know; if there was further dishonesty, that would put a different light on it. I don't think this is a particularly good recommendation, but in and of itself, I don't know that it ought to be a career-killer, either. I get what you're saying, and there is an issue of respecting confidentiality here, but we also have to have some regard for context.

I understand that. But I also know the medical world from inside and her stupidity of posting personal private information online and violating the company's she works for rule is going to chase her.
That is a liability issue.
Unless she changes her name, appearance and totally closes her facebook and other social media page - it is going to follow her.

It is always amazing for me that people post online so many stupid things voluntarily - just to make their life more difficult in a totally unexpected situation.
People who are hiring look through those sites ( and many others) all day long.
They do not read your references or letters of recommendation - those don't matter anymore. They search the internet

That's a very astute observation, Vox. I too find it amazing what some people (some young, some not so young) post on social media and other sites. Some of that stuff has a surprisingly long lifespan, and let's face it, an internet search s a cheap (and often very effective), HR tool; it's foolish to expect a prospective employer NOT to use it.

Except that there is a signature line on the customer receipt. Most people sign it without even realizing it. Also, most people aren't thieves.

NO there is not....now how about you take your stupid ass out of this thread....what was once funny ain't funny anymore.....SCRAM. :eusa_eh:

Some software has signature lines on both receipts...in my experience, that is more common than only one having the line! (Many terminals simply print two identical copies.)

I ate at Olive Garden this evening (which, interestingly enough, is owned by the same parent company as Red Lobster). There was a signature line on both receipts.

It's implicit in the legal meaning of "defraud".

Then you should be able to prove that I don't know what the fuck I am talking about by linking to the definition of defraud under Tennessee law.

It all goes back to the statute that's already been cited repeatedly in this thread (39-14-114) and that your little buddy was too lazy to read when he was shouting "forgery doesn't require intent". Forgery is a subset of theft under Tennessee law. Notice that all of the gradations of theft are based on monetary value (39-14-105).

This one?

39-14-114. Forgery.

(a) A person commits an offense who forges a writing with intent to defraud or harm another.

(b) As used in this part, unless the context otherwise requires:

(1) “Forge” means to:

(A) Alter, make, complete, execute or authenticate any writing so that it purports to:

(i) Be the act of another who did not authorize that act;

I read it, which is why I know it doesn't define defraud, and why I know what it says, and why I know that, even though it is prosecuted as theft, it does not require money to be transferred, or even require an intent to take money.

Want to keep digging? You should stop arguing with me just because you think you are smarter than I am.

No it really is simple if you can count to 3. He only needs to do 1 thing. She needs to do at least 3 to pull it off.

No, all she had to do was write the word and take the picture, Facebook automatically uploads any photos you take on you phone. Maybe she didn't plan to let it out on the internet, and forgot that her phone automatically uploads, which would mean all she would have to do is be stupid.

Nope, she put it on Facebook herself along with her statement about low class racists in Tennessee.

Driving through Tennessee once on the way to a conference, I stopped at a gas station to fill up/use the loo.

Written on the restroom wall?

"
OBAMA

Come
Help
A
N****r
Get
Elected
"

I've really only encountered that sort of thing in the mountains of Tennessee.

Thats not the point though. I said its way more likely he simply wrote it rather than her doing this elaborate scheme people are trying to dream up to clear the customer.

Except he did not write it.

You know I am not saying she did, yet you want to argue with me like I am the racist because I can see what is in front of my face.

I'm saying she did. Someone posted her notes from school and her words slant upwards just like the "n" word did. I'm not an expert, but I'm willing to bet on it.

I can't tell from the examples because they are grainy, so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Then you should be able to prove that I don't know what the fuck I am talking about by linking to the definition of defraud under Tennessee law.

It all goes back to the statute that's already been cited repeatedly in this thread (39-14-114) and that your little buddy was too lazy to read when he was shouting "forgery doesn't require intent". Forgery is a subset of theft under Tennessee law. Notice that all of the gradations of theft are based on monetary value (39-14-105).

This one?

39-14-114. Forgery.

(a) A person commits an offense who forges a writing with intent to defraud or harm another.

(1) “Forge” means to:

(A) Alter, make, complete, execute or authenticate any writing so that it purports to:

I read it, which is why I know it doesn't define defraud, and why I know what it says, and why I know that, even though it is prosecuted as theft, it does not require money to be transferred, or even require an intent to take money.

Want to keep digging? You should stop arguing with me just because you think you are smarter than I am.

I am smarter than you are. Hence why I know "defraud" has to refer to money damages, since the entire chapter this provision is in deals with money damages.

Of course....all parenting is "abuse" right? Have you sued your folks for it yet? :uhoh3:

Parenting has nothing to do with kicking someones ass. Were you abused or something and haven't realized it?

So you never tried the old man on for size and found out how fast you can land on your ass? You must be a girl.

p.s. do you know what the word "therapist" is when it's divided into two words?

My wife did. She warned him a dozen times: he raised a hand to her, she would put him in the hospital. He slapped her. She beat him to a pulp with a pair of fighting sticks. Knocked out a couple teeth, cracked half his ribs, gave him a concussion, and broke his wrist...she damn near killed him.

She isn't. She does not respect the basic principle of privacy of information. It does not matter if the client or a patient is an asshole - his private information is SACROSANCT.
It also does not matter if she posted private info online for the revenge or out of stupidity or out of need for attention - she is able to violate the privacy - she will be a liability for any medical entity, because the HIPAA law is extremely strict.

Everything else is irrelevant, but she did an extreme disservice for herself and future employment.

Vox, I think that part of it is fair enough. Whatever else did or didn't happen, her judgement in posting a photo of the receipt on Facebook (or any other public form) was pretty poor. It's uncontroverted she did that, and her employer has disciplined her accordingly. That said, she IS a nineteen year-old student, not a fully trained and licensed nurse, and I do not know that she has received appropriate training in the ethics of that profession as of yet (if she has, that would put a different spin on it). Given that, and the obvious lack of critical thinking/decision making skills among so many of our young people, I don't know that we can say her character is quite beyond redemption, based on what we now know; if there was further dishonesty, that would put a different light on it. I don't think this is a particularly good recommendation, but in and of itself, I don't know that it ought to be a career-killer, either. I get what you're saying, and there is an issue of respecting confidentiality here, but we also have to have some regard for context.

I understand that. But I also know the medical world from inside and her stupidity of posting personal private information online and violating the company's she works for rule is going to chase her.
Unless she changes her name, appearance and totally closes her facebook and other social media page - it is going to follow her.

It is always amazing for me that people post online so many stupid things voluntarily - just to make their life more difficult in a totally unexpected situation.
They do not read your references or letters of recommendation - those don't matter anymore. They search the internet

I've talked to young people, I don't think it can be expressed enough for them to be careful what they post, even under assumed names.

I thank God there wasn't an internet when I was young and stupid.

I ate at Olive Garden this evening (which, interestingly enough, is owned by the same parent company as Red Lobster). There was a signature line on both receipts.

Being the same company, I would be STUNNED if they did not use the same software!

This one?

39-14-114. Forgery.

(1) “Forge” means to:

I am smarter than you are. Hence why I know "defraud" has to refer to money damages, since the entire chapter this provision is in deals with money damages.

Which is why it is illegal to write a word above a signature on a legal document even if it cannot possibly cost anyone money, which I just proved by using the statute you supplied.

I've talked to young people, I don't think it can be expressed enough for them to be careful what they post, even under assumed names.

I thank God there wasn't an internet when I was young and stupid.

the smart ones know. and use their accounts ( which all have) just for some contact information.

She violated policy. She is lucky she didn't get fired. Get over the crap wrote on the receipt just another negro trying to make a buck from whining and screaming about racism...

You started this thread, and I think you knew it would become highly controversial presented as you did, like you didn't know the woman STOLE the receipt, POSTED it online to humiliate a person when she gave THE WORST IMAGINABLE SERVICE to a customer paying her salary.

She decided against accepting responsibility for her bad service and creating an absolute no-win scenario for her employer.

Shame on you Luddly. You're a naughty, naughty boy, and you know it too don't you.

hopefully Facebook gets sued for allowing it to be posted.

Facebook is not responsible or liable for the stupid waitress actions.
There's a difference between stupidity and evil. That waitress did evil to a customer who refused to be bulldozed by her bad, disgusting, uncaring service. He decided not to pay her for bad service.

She decided to paint the customer she offended with bad service, as a racist for not rewarding her disgusting service and got her employer in trouble with the NAACP we-can-do-no-wrong bullshit crowd who want blacks to get a free pass for doing disgusting behaviors against white customers for the vindication they believe will come with hateful revenge.

It's not gonna happen.

/soapbox

Forum List

Back