“Redistribute the wealth”

Sure he would and he is. In fact, after his tax break for businesses, thousands of workers got raises, bonuses or both.

U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the Labor Department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have not kept pace with inflation.

Prices rose 2.9% from July 2017 to July 2018, the Labor Department said, while average hourly pay increased 2.7% in the same period.

U.S. wage growth is getting wiped out by inflation

There is no 'Labor Department' ... The article if from WAPO ... The article provides 0 stats and refers to a fictional Cabinet level department.
There isn't?
Home | U.S. Department of Labor

These are stats:
Prices rose 2.9% from July 2017 to July 2018, the Labor Department said, while average hourly pay increased 2.7% in the same period.

Nothing to back up those stated stats. There is no 'Labor Department.' Post a link to D.O.L. instead of WAPO please.
I just posted a link obviously, how dumb are you? Here you go again:

Sorry the facts don't work for you.

I see you finally got the dept. name correct which is more than I can say for that WAPO link you posted. However, all you posted was a link to D.O.L. web page and I see nothing there about what WAPO claims. Maybe try again?

Sure he would and he is. In fact, after his tax break for businesses, thousands of workers got raises, bonuses or both.

U.S. workers' paychecks are worth less than they were a year ago, the Labor Department reported Friday, as modest wage gains have not kept pace with inflation.

There is no 'Labor Department' ... The article if from WAPO ... The article provides 0 stats and refers to a fictional Cabinet level department.
There isn't?

These are stats:

Nothing to back up those stated stats. There is no 'Labor Department.' Post a link to D.O.L. instead of WAPO (that can't seem to even get the name of the dept. correct) please.
So I guess if you close your eyes and cover your ears and ignore all the stats, wages are great!

So I guess that if you close your eyes and cover your ears and believe 2nd hand WAPO opinion articles you can be sanguine in your TDS.

I never said you were wrong. I just need an example to understand what you mean by corporations taking over? I don't understand. I need an example please.
Lobbyists?

I agree. Should be banned. They are banned in Europe.
The corporations rule Europe too. They only don’t rule China and the Middle East. We’re trying to take over the Middle East for the corporations.

There’s an old movie called Network. Ned Beatty says there is no USA, russia, Europe only ibm, Pepsi, shell oil.

Corporations also employ millions of people and innovate so you have to take the good with the bad. Middle East is a disaster. China has Corporations. Ali Baba is one.
Corporations obviously have a good side, but they must be properly regulated. There is a lot of corporate welfare. Also they lobby for regulations that benefit them. Sometimes they also collude on wages.

All true.

I agree. Should be banned. They are banned in Europe.
The corporations rule Europe too. They only don’t rule China and the Middle East. We’re trying to take over the Middle East for the corporations.

There’s an old movie called Network. Ned Beatty says there is no USA, russia, Europe only ibm, Pepsi, shell oil.

Corporations also employ millions of people and innovate so you have to take the good with the bad. Middle East is a disaster. China has Corporations. Ali Baba is one.
Corporations obviously have a good side, but they must be properly regulated. There is a lot of corporate welfare. Also they lobby for regulations that benefit them. Sometimes they also collude on wages.

~~~~~~~
It's especially bad when corporations like Facebook and Google use their power for political reasons hurting the political process. They need to have their powers trimmed by the gov't.
Google has practically a search monopoly at this point. I don't think that is good for us.

I Googled that and it stated that was not the case?

Well you should worry about it. It is proven to slow the economy which is bad for everybody.
Inequality hurts economic growth, finds OECD research - OECD
And in ten years these idiots are going to see their wages have basically stayed flat but the rich got richer.

So trump made America great again for the corporations who btw were doing fine before trump
Yes they have been doing quite well. It's the middle class that needs help. If corps and the rich doing well was key to a strong economy we'd be growing at over 5%. We need a strong middle class, that's what made us great.
I know. This is deja vu from the bush days. Corporations were doing great they said. If you don’t like what you make go back to school or start your own business they said. Meanwhile they were sending millions of jobs overseas. Allowing it. Purposely undermining the economy to send union jobs overseas. Actually giving those companies tax breaks. Don’t forget how anti union republicans were during the bush years

First off, let's set this lie straight: The Republicans never gave tax breaks to companies moving overseas. If you want the FactCheck.org link, just ask, I have it right here.

Secondly, Not all businesses are owned or operated by Republicans. In fact, it's pretty evenly divided. Apple has much assembly in China. Same with Microsoft. We both know who owns those companies, don't we?

The left owns all the social media internet sites, they own all of Hollywood with the stations and movie makers. They own all the news media outside of Fox.

The tax break was that US corporations do not have to pay taxes on foreign made profits until they bring those profits to the U.S. So they did not & avoided paying US taxes.

THAT is the tax break.

Which has been there for many years. Of course they don't have to pay taxes on overseas profits because the profits were made overseas by a multinational company. Why should GM pay American taxes on cars and trucks manufactured in Europe and sold in Europe?

Sorry we are not going back to 1968 no matter how much you wish for it.

Someday the Democrats will get a landslide and then we can catch back up 2 the rest of the developed world again.... This is pathetic.

I have a better idea: if this country is not "developed" enough for you, move to one of those other fantastic places you so frequently speak of. All this talk of how great other places are, but you stay here and complain we are not like them.
They have control of their immigration and they don't accept Americans d u h.

Hmmm, maybe that's what we should do here: don't accept anybody.
The only thing that will work is a national national SSID card that can't be faked like in every other developed country. The The wall is a joke. Seems like the GOP billionaires love cheap easily bullied labor
You dupes are clueless..

Why don't you think for once in your life? If the wall will not work, the Democrats would welcome the Republicans building one. They could use it as a campaign slogan for many elections to come.

They're not afraid the wall won't work, they are afraid it will. That's why they threatened to shut down the government over it. The Democrats want as many illegals in this country as they can stuff in.

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that the wealthy were not getting wealthier under DumBama and the middle-class were not going backwards? You really live in your own little world, don't you?

And I see you once again deflected. So here's the question again: If we double the tax on the wealthy, how does that help you or me?

Obama worked on changing the tax code. Additional taxes were put into effect that targeted rich people.

You li ve in the world of ignorance. Put down then gun & try picking up a book

Maybe you should take your own advice about reading a book.

HTF do you think that taking more money from people helps them get richer? Explain those dynamics please. DumBama was the most anti-business President of our lives. What made the rich people richer was the feds dumping trillions of dollars in phoney money into the stock market called Quantitive Easing.........look it up sometime.

The more of the tax burden is paid by the wealthy, the less is paid by the working class. This means the working class has more money to buy shit & that stimulates the economy.

Well now their taxes are lower and so are mine. There goes that theory.

When Obama did his temporary tax relief in the ACA, he target working Americans. He, like any smart person, knew that these people would spend the money. He did not hand billions to wealthy people like Trump did because they will not spend all of that money.

Thos is a fact that you are obviously too fucking stupid to get.

Middle class & poorer people tax cuts are far more effective at stimulating the economy.

Trump's tax cut effects will fade when the borrowed money starts piling up the deficits.

So where do you think DumBama's tax cut money came from? It came from the Pork Bill to shore up SS that he was using for those tax breaks. And those few dollars a week didn't do shit for the economy.

Imagine if obama proposed tariffs or building a wall. Do you think you would have supported obama on these things?

I’m glad you guys have changed a little Now at least you want to bring jobs back home. They won’t pay nearly as good but to you guys a jobs a job even if it pays only $10hr right? If those workers want better they’d better organize. Oh wait! If they do you won’t support them, right?

No, if you do that, the jobs move back overseas like they did the last time unions had power.
The middle class was great when 35% of labor were in unions. It brought wages up. As union membership declined so did wages.

And remember how anti union the republicans were in the bush years? That made it easy to send those union jobs overseas. Divide and concur.

You are still anti union. So don’t expect those jobs to come back and pay someone like you more than $15 hr. That’s not making America great.

But, I’ll give you this. I work for a small non union company. There’s about 50 of us. We are mostly all highly skilled so most of us make a decent living. So yes I too would rather the company come back non union than not at all. Even if only 20 of us are highly paid, I’d rather that than nothing at all. It’s just now every man is for himself. Ok I agree some with you.
Remember when Repubs told us getting rid of unions was going to be this great thing? Yet here we are with wages stagnant and unions in decline. What happened to the promised prosperity?

View attachment 214160
Remember what Trump said about the real unemployment rate, participation still real low.

2.9%? And what has inflation been?

Yes, labor participation rate is still low, but at least now (unlike DumBama) it's in the right direction.

Someday the Democrats will get a landslide and then we can catch back up 2 the rest of the developed world again.... This is pathetic.

I have a better idea: if this country is not "developed" enough for you, move to one of those other fantastic places you so frequently speak of. All this talk of how great other places are, but you stay here and complain we are not like them.

The only thing that will work is a national national SSID card that can't be faked like in every other developed country. The The wall is a joke. Seems like the GOP billionaires love cheap easily bullied labor
You dupes are clueless..

Why don't you think for once in your life? If the wall will not work, the Democrats would welcome the Republicans building one. They could use it as a campaign slogan for many elections to come.

They're not afraid the wall won't work, they are afraid it will. That's why they threatened to shut down the government over it. The Democrats want as many illegals in this country as they can stuff in.
You might not believe this but Democrats want what is best for the country, not what is best for the party like the new b******* GOP.

No, if you do that, the jobs move back overseas like they did the last time unions had power.
The middle class was great when 35% of labor were in unions. It brought wages up. As union membership declined so did wages.

And remember how anti union the republicans were in the bush years? That made it easy to send those union jobs overseas. Divide and concur.

You are still anti union. So don’t expect those jobs to come back and pay someone like you more than $15 hr. That’s not making America great.

But, I’ll give you this. I work for a small non union company. There’s about 50 of us. We are mostly all highly skilled so most of us make a decent living. So yes I too would rather the company come back non union than not at all. Even if only 20 of us are highly paid, I’d rather that than nothing at all. It’s just now every man is for himself. Ok I agree some with you.
Remember when Repubs told us getting rid of unions was going to be this great thing? Yet here we are with wages stagnant and unions in decline. What happened to the promised prosperity?

View attachment 214160
Remember what Trump said about the real unemployment rate, participation still real low.

Yes, labor participation rate is still low, but at least now (unlike DumBama) it's in the right direction.
Staying the same is in the right direction?

There isn't?

These are stats:

Nothing to back up those stated stats. There is no 'Labor Department.' Post a link to D.O.L. instead of WAPO please.
I just posted a link obviously, how dumb are you? Here you go again:

Sorry the facts don't work for you.

I see you finally got the dept. name correct which is more than I can say for that WAPO link you posted. However, all you posted was a link to D.O.L. web page and I see nothing there about what WAPO claims. Maybe try again?
Yes and their website has a category for Labor Department. You seem too stupid to be on this board.

There isn't?

These are stats:

Nothing to back up those stated stats. There is no 'Labor Department.' Post a link to D.O.L. instead of WAPO (that can't seem to even get the name of the dept. correct) please.
So I guess if you close your eyes and cover your ears and ignore all the stats, wages are great!

So I guess that if you close your eyes and cover your ears and believe 2nd hand WAPO opinion articles you can be sanguine in your TDS.
You must have a different source with other stats. Please share.

You dupes are clueless..

You might not believe this but Democrats want what is best for the country, not what is best for the party like the new b******* GOP.
And for the greedy idiot Rich of course...

The lower the minimum wage the higher the level of corporate welfare. The tax payer foots the bill in any scenario.
Higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.
Tax breaks to billionaires sees the money go to Panama. Tax breaks for the poorest sees the money immediately recycled into the economy.
I struggle with the mindset of people who dont want poorly paid workers to get a bit more.

I struggle with the mindset of people who believe there is some kind of free lunch, or that forget that rising wages brings wage inflation, and that hurts everyone whose wages are not rising.

BTW, it is unlikely that bottom rung wage rates will improve when tens of thousands of illegal immigrants are flooding the bottom rung opportunities.

Wait a minute. You mean to tell me that the wealthy were not getting wealthier under DumBama and the middle-class were not going backwards? You really live in your own little world, don't you?

And I see you once again deflected. So here's the question again: If we double the tax on the wealthy, how does that help you or me?

Obama worked on changing the tax code. Additional taxes were put into effect that targeted rich people.

HTF do you think that taking more money from people helps them get richer? Explain those dynamics please. DumBama was the most anti-business President of our lives. What made the rich people richer was the feds dumping trillions of dollars in phoney money into the stock market called Quantitive Easing.........look it up sometime.

The more of the tax burden is paid by the wealthy, the less is paid by the working class. This means the working class has more money to buy shit & that stimulates the economy.

When Obama did his temporary tax relief in the ACA, he target working Americans. He, like any smart person, knew that these people would spend the money. He did not hand billions to wealthy people like Trump did because they will not spend all of that money.

Middle class & poorer people tax cuts are far more effective at stimulating the economy.

Trump's tax cut effects will fade when the borrowed money starts piling up the deficits.

~~~~~~~
Oh, of course you are speaking of the extension of unemployment benefits through 2011 and his cut of payroll taxes by 2 percent, adding $120 million to workers' spendable income. By the same measure, the income tax provisions of Bush tax cuts are more than twice as large as Obama’s tax cut over the same three-year time span. The extension of the Bush by Obama was forced upon him.

The only economy stimulated by consumers is China's economy, because that is where those consumer goods are made.

Looking at our economy today, it seems like they were wrong, huh.
Look at the economy in the Clinton years. Again, our economy isn't that strong and it's fueled by debt. Not sustainable. Clinton had a much stronger economy and balanced the budget.

Look at the economy in the Clinton years.

Internet bubbles are cool.

Clinton had a much stronger economy and balanced the budget.

You think Clinton was frugal?
You want to compare the Clinton economy to what we have now? You think it's good to run up debt right now?

You want to compare the Clinton economy to what we have now?

Clinton didn't invent the internet. He had fuck all to do with the Internet Boom.
The only thing he did was give Newt a huge win and then he didn't try to screw things up while
Gingrich held the line on spending.

You think it's good to run up debt right now?

Nope. I'd cut spending by 30%.....to start.
So yes, Clinton had a much stronger economy. Thanks.

It's true, Clinton had good timing.
Didn't do much to help the economy though...…...You're welcome.

Imagine if obama proposed tariffs or building a wall. Do you think you would have supported obama on these things?

I’m glad you guys have changed a little Now at least you want to bring jobs back home. They won’t pay nearly as good but to you guys a jobs a job even if it pays only $10hr right? If those workers want better they’d better organize. Oh wait! If they do you won’t support them, right?

Remember when Repubs told us getting rid of unions was going to be this great thing?

I remember unions suck. We need to outlaw government unions. What do they need protection from?
Stagnant wages.

I wish government employees had stagnant wages.
And 401Ks instead of pensions.

View attachment 214160

Staying the same is in the right direction?

It's not staying the same, it's increasing.

Forum List

Back