Refrigerator upgrade on Air Force One will cost $24 million

Trump has nothing to do with it-

Two outdated refrigerators being replaced on Air Force One will reportedly cost about $24 million.

The coolers on the presidential aircraft need to have the capacity to store 3,000 meals onboard, and two out of the five are in need of replacement, according to Defense One.

Two outdated refrigerators being replaced on Air Force One will reportedly cost about $24 million.

The coolers on the presidential aircraft need to have the capacity to store 3,000 meals onboard, and two out of the five are in need of replacement, according to Defense One.

Thanks

I always figured Fat Donnie could eat 3000 meals

43kfCGv.gif

Thanks

I always figured Fat Donnie could eat 3000 meals

43kfCGv.gif
his face fits that GIF perfectly. Big tits and a bigger ego

3K meals? Why? I can see maybe a little over half that, but seriously? 3K?

Last edited:

I think I paid about fifty bucks for my reefer.

We're not talking about pot, Pogo. :rolleyes:

Neither am I. The pots I got for about five bucks. :)

Pics? You better not post a mini-fridge. :poke:

here is what I found-
Air Force One Needs New Refrigerators. They Cost $24 Million
Experts say the reason isn’t price gouging by Boeing, which makes the jets and handles the presidential modifications, but instead the result of bespoke equipment requirements put in place by the White House Military Office and the Air Force.

“It’s not a contractor issue, it is a requirements issue,” said Richard Aboulafia, vice president of analysis at the Teal Group consulting firm. “It’s not getting people rich.”

The new refrigerators aren’t your kitchen Frigidaires, or even a typical jetliner’s cabin-feeding coolboxes. The requirement for Air Force One is the ability to feed passengers and crew for weeks without resupplying. That means storing about 3,000 meals in massive refrigerators and freezers below the passenger cabin. Five “chillers” cool a total of 26 climate-controlled compartments, according to the Air Force.

3K meals? Why?

here is what I found-
Air Force One Needs New Refrigerators. They Cost $24 Million
Experts say the reason isn’t price gouging by Boeing, which makes the jets and handles the presidential modifications, but instead the result of bespoke equipment requirements put in place by the White House Military Office and the Air Force.

“It’s not a contractor issue, it is a requirements issue,” said Richard Aboulafia, vice president of analysis at the Teal Group consulting firm. “It’s not getting people rich.”

The new refrigerators aren’t your kitchen Frigidaires, or even a typical jetliner’s cabin-feeding coolboxes. The requirement for Air Force One is the ability to feed passengers and crew for weeks without resupplying. That means storing about 3,000 meals in massive refrigerators and freezers below the passenger cabin. Five “chillers” cool a total of 26 climate-controlled compartments, according to the Air Force.

3K meals? Why?

I can see 1 week's worth of food for passengers and crew. Why not use some dehydrated stuff, hmm?

Pics? You better not post a mini-fridge. :poke:

I don't have pics of my fridge. I go in there so often I don't need 'em.
I can even find my way to it without a road map.

3K meals? Why? I can see maybe a little over half that, but seriously? 3K?

I am pretty most of the food that Presidents eat while overseas is brought from the United States for national security purposes. It is kept under the tightest security to ensure someone doesn't try to poison the President or other members of our government.

The costs for air force one are the costs. I could care less what it cost to maintain the presidential plane nor does a single person on this board have any understanding of the requirements that drive those costs.

Forum List

Back