Regret Your Vote Yet?

About that Reagan guy . . .
4i6Ckte.gif

*snip*

But what Shirley ignores, like all Reagan hagiographers, is the remarkable, precipitous decline in the Gipper’s public image over the next five years, as Americans grappled with some of the consequences of his presidency.
Shirley pretends there was no “mess” left to clean up, but tell that to George H.W. Bush, who upon taking office had to deal with a Savings and Loan crisis brought on by Reagan’s policies. Bush ultimately authorized a massive, politically toxic bailout — and the crisis has much to do with the recession of 1990 and 1991. There was also the little matter of Iran-Contra, the scheme by which arms were sold to Iran with the profits used to fund an illegal war in Central America, which resulted in the indictment of 14 Reagan administration members, 11 of whom were ultimately convicted (although some of the convictions were later tossed out). Reagan himself was still dealing with that mess after leaving the presidency; here’s some of his testimony from 1990:

*youtube video*

And then, of course, there was the national debt, which in the 192 years before Reagan’s presidency had risen to around $1 trillion. But in just eight years under Reagan, it exploded to nearly $3 trillion, thanks to his steep tax cuts, ramped-up defense spending and failure to reduce the size of government. Again, it was left to Bush to try to clean up the mess; hence, Bush’s 1990 decision to raise taxes in an effort to tame the country’s deficits. Like the S&L bailout, this was a deeply unpopular move, especially in light of Bush’s “no new taxes” pledge in 1988, but was — ultimately — one of the reasons America was running surpluses by the end of the 1990s.

The mess brought Reagan’s poll numbers crashing down to earth in his post-presidency. By the summer of 1992, a USA Today/Gallup poll found that just 24 percent of Americans said their country was better off because of the Reagan years, with 40 percent saying it was worse off. Reagan’s own favorable rating had fallen to 46 percent — making him significantly less popular than Jimmy Carter, whose favorable score was at 63 percent at the time. Republicans brought Reagan out for their 1992 convention in Houston (with polls showing Bush losing badly to Bill Clinton), but the magic was gone. Here’s how Adam Nagourney, then with USA Today, explained it in a news story at the time:

With his personable style and shrewd grasp of changing political attitudes, Ronald Reagan once loomed as a larger-than-life figure – a threat fearsome to Democrats even in retirement.

But when the former president speaks tonight at the Republican convention, he does it with the Democrats’ blessing. Because the man for whom an entire political movement was named – Reagan Democrats, the blue-collar voters who fled their party’s presidential candidates in the 1980s – has come to personify Bill Clinton’s main assault on President Bush.

Not only has Reagan’s popularity dropped steadily since he left office, but more ominous for Bush’s re-election, Reagan’s standing has fallen among Reagan Democrats as Clinton has repeatedly hammered his economic policies as favoring the rich.

The political picture has changed so much that Clinton’s sole scheduled appearance this week is with Jimmy Carter, the man Reagan defeated in 1980.​

Of course, Reagan’s image has since been restored, something that has a lot to do with time and distance; the details of his presidency are largely forgotten now, which makes the effect of video clips from his days as president much more powerful. Plus, as Will Bunch has written, the right has since the mid-1990s engaged in a concerted effort to restore Reagan’s standing.

In fact....Liberals will vote for a rapist.......twice.

Who is a rapist?

Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scannedCLINTON S ROGUES GALLERY
This is as far as I got in your list before realizing what nonsense it is ... Juanita Broaddrick ...

"During the 1992 Presidential campaign there were unfounded rumors and stories circulated that Mr. Clinton had made unwelcome sexual advances toward me in the late seventies. Newspaper and tabloid reporters hounded me and my family, seeking corroboration of these tales. I repeatedly denied the allegations and requested that my family's privacy be respected. These allegations are untrue and I had hoped that they would no longer haunt me, or cause further disruption to my family." - Juanita Broaddrick, 1998

PoliticalChic is mental on the Clinton issue. She can't be reasoned with.

Presumably she believes the Clintons killed all those people in Arkansas over the years. Remember that list? lol

I have to give you credit when you can't dispute the facts you go straight for the strawman arguement .....

The facts seem to be that Obama campaigned to withdraw the troops by August 2010. Instead withdrawl wasn't completed until Dec 18 2011 in agreement with the SOFA Bush put in place in 2008.

That means that Obama followed Bush's timeline for troop withdrawl over his own.

If there are different FACTS I can't dispute, please point them out.
You ignore facts and go back to the lefts favorite pacifier blame Bush. Here are the facts. Fact one Bush negotiated a SOFA with the Iraqi government before he left office fact two when that agreement was coming to an end Obama failed to negotiate an extension of it fact three the failure to extend that agreement played a major role in the resurgence ISIS formerly known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq which has led to the current mess in the region. To paraphrase Joe Friday those are the facts sir. I can only give them to you what you choose to do with them is up to you my work here is done.

There was no failure to negotiate an extension. Maliki wanted us out, period, and the way to do that was to insist on trying Americans under Iraqi law.

That's a dealbreaker for any president.

And it gave Obama the opportunity to end the war, which was a major campaign promise.

If it gave rise to ISIL, it's because the Iraqis couldn't handle the job of securing their country - nothing else.

What were the alternatives again?

The alternative was the guy who wanted to raise taxes on the poor and cut taxes on the rich, end Medicare, and go on an insane spending spree of more and more military so we'd have more excuses to get into more unnecessary wars.

Can you support those charges....or are they simply more of your stock in trade?

He read them on Alternet - if George Soros says it, NYC believes it.

After all, the multi-billionaire owner of the democratic party, who could buy and sell the Koch brothers a dozen times over, is "looking out for the little guy.."

so Romney didn't want to cut taxes? Seriously?

And, let's not forget, that Romney's complaint about the 47% was that they didn't pay any income taxes.

I have to give you credit when you can't dispute the facts you go straight for the strawman arguement .....

The facts seem to be that Obama campaigned to withdraw the troops by August 2010. Instead withdrawl wasn't completed until Dec 18 2011 in agreement with the SOFA Bush put in place in 2008.

That means that Obama followed Bush's timeline for troop withdrawl over his own.

You ignore facts and go back to the lefts favorite pacifier blame Bush. Here are the facts. Fact one Bush negotiated a SOFA with the Iraqi government before he left office fact two when that agreement was coming to an end Obama failed to negotiate an extension of it fact three the failure to extend that agreement played a major role in the resurgence ISIS formerly known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq which has led to the current mess in the region. To paraphrase Joe Friday those are the facts sir. I can only give them to you what you choose to do with them is up to you my work here is done.

There was no failure to negotiate an extension. Maliki wanted us out, period, and the way to do that was to insist on trying Americans under Iraqi law.

And it gave Obama the opportunity to end the war, which was a major campaign promise.

If it gave rise to ISIL, it's because the Iraqis couldn't handle the job of securing their country - nothing else.

The fact is that as a nation, we are well down the line of those nations to whom ISIL is an imminent threat. We are once again being duped into believing that this is primarily our fight, and somehow primarily our duty to spend the most blood and treasure on. We fall for this bullshit over and over again.

What were the alternatives again?

Funny you should ask.

The alternative was a man of courage, a hero who shut down his business to help a colleague search for a missing child, a man with proven successful executive and business experience.
Just what the nation needed.....

Hard to believe any dolts voted for the windbag in the White House, huh?

Man, I guess I just didn't know McCain's history.

Of course that business experience would have been useless in government since they serve opposing interests.
Just what we'd need - an even wider DC revolving door.

So as always --- lesser of two evils. Gotta love "choice". Gotta love the illusion anyway, since that's as close as we ever get.
She confused you with the mention of "hero" I think. She made Mitt a hero for something or another.

Certainly I will help educate you!

"A number of readers recently have asked us to fact-check a story about Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney. The story, currently circulating on email, Facebook, and blogs, says that Romney helped a colleague of his at Bain Capital locate his missing teenage daughter.

...her distraught father had no idea where she was. Romney took immediate action. He closed down the entire firm and asked all 30 partners and employees to fly to New York to help find Gay’s daughter. Romney set up a command center at the LaGuardia Marriott and hired a private detective firm to assist with the search. He established a toll-free number for tips, coordinating the effort with the NYPD, and went through his Rolodex and called everyone Bain did business with in New York and asked them to help find his friend’s missing daughter. Romney’s accountants at Price Waterhouse Cooper put up posters on street poles, while cashiers at a pharmacy owned by Bain put fliers in the bag of every shopper. Romney and the other Bain employees scoured every part of New York and talked with everyone they could – prostitutes, drug addicts – anyone.

.... we can verify the facts of the episode. In fact, we did so when this story came up during the 2008 presidential election season."
Viral Internet story says Mitt Romney helped locate missing teen daughter of Bain Capital partner PolitiFact

Let's imagine the situation had, say....Biden's daughter been missing....

Based on his history, Obama would have

1. been shown with a hash tag 'bring Biden's daughter back!

2. Agonized over whether to play golf or fundraise.

3. Had a good nights rest.

Regret your vote yet?

Then got up the next morning and went for a round of golf.

And how many times did GW Bush play a round of golf the day after an American was killed in the ME?

Where were you hysterics every time that happened?

Who is a rapist?

Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault

So, you have police reports for these? They were reported to the police, correct? And then the police issued an arrest warrant for each, right?

Post those, please.

Who is a rapist?

Clinton Misogyny - Sex

So, you have police reports for these? They were reported to the police, correct? And then the police issued an arrest warrant for each, right?

Post those, please.

She is certain they murdered Vince Foster too.

When was the last time any politician you voted for lived up to your expectations?
Rudy Giuliani

The guy who, after the first World Trade Center bombing, decided to move the NYPD Command & Control . . . TO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER?????

Memo Details Objections to Command Center Site

Published: January 26, 2008

The New York Police Department produced a detailed analysis in 1998 opposing plans by the city to locate its emergency command center at the World Trade Center, but the Giuliani administration overrode those objections. The command center later collapsed from damage in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack.

“Seven World Trade Center is a poor choice for the site of a crucial command center for the top leadership of the City of New York,” a panel of police experts, which was aided by the Secret Service, concluded in a confidential Police Department memorandum.

The memorandum, which has not been previously disclosed, cited a number of “significant points of vulnerability.” Those included: the building’s public access, the center’s location on the 23rd floor, a 1,200-gallon diesel fuel supply for its generator, a large garage and delivery bays, the building’s history as a terrorist target, and its placement above and adjacent to a Consolidated Edison substation that provided much of the power for Lower Manhattan.​

Hindsight.

It's from 1998!!! Before September 11, 2001.

That's called Foresight.

Holy shit, you're dumb.
4i6Ckte.gif

Not hindsight! Foresight.

Did anyone think we'd have a 9/11? Clinton certainly didn't.

To get a real grasp into the mindset of the far left liberal, ( some say anarchist ) watch Megyn Kelly in tonight's interview with Ward Churchill. Part two will air tomorrow night, Tuesday, same time.....9 pm Eastern. This interview is supposed to be more riveting than the one with Bill Ayers. :ack-1:
I hope she has the studio disinfected after he slithers out.
I'm setting my DVR for the next two nights. I want to study the mind of an anarchist.

Great!
Then we can note the similarities to the Lefties on the board who still support the failure in the White House!
The failure who presided over an 11,000 point increase in the DOW?

Or the failure who killed America's #1 enemy?

Or was it the failure who killed those pirates who hijacked Captain Phillip's boat?

Or was it the failure who:

• Provided $12.2 Billion in new funding for Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.
  • Extended Benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees
  • Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years
  • Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history
  • Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court
  • Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
  • First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality
  • Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers
  • Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
  • Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base
  • Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse
  • Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured
  • Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research
  • Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development
  • Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system
  • Ended Bush administration's CIA program of 'enhanced interrogation methods' by requiring that the Army field manual be used as the guide for terrorism interrogations
  • Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

This failure:

1.More than 6.7 million more Americans have been plunged into poverty since Obama became President.

2.Real household income is down 5%

3. Consumer prices are up 10.2%

4. Total federal debt is up 58%

5. Gasoline prices are up 82%

6. Food stamp recipients up 49%

7. Debt held by the public is up 89%

And you don't know why?
4i6Ckte.gif

If these things are the fault of Obama, then surely you can explain why.

I'll start you out with your first one:

1.More than 6.7 million more Americans have been plunged into poverty since Obama became President.

Here's the breakdown:

• January 2009 – 818,000 jobs lost
  • February 2009 – 724,000 jobs lost
  • March 2009 – 799,000 jobs lost
  • April 2009 – 692,000 jobs lost
  • May 2009 – 361,000 jobs lost
  • June 2009 – 482,000 jobs lost
  • July 2009 – 339,000 jobs lost
  • August 2009 – 231,000 jobs lost
  • September 2009 – 199,000 jobs lost
  • October 2009 – 202,000 jobs lost[3]
  • November 2009 - 64,000 jobs created[4]
  • December 2009 - 109,000 jobs lost[4]
  • January 2010 - 40,000 jobs lost[4]
  • February 2010 - 35,000 jobs lost
  • March 2010 - 189,000 jobs created
  • April 2010 - 239,000 jobs created
  • May 2010 - 516,000 jobs created
  • June 2010 - 167,000 jobs lost
  • July 2010 - 58,000 jobs lost (143,000 Federal Census jobs lost) [5]
  • August 2010 - 51,000 jobs lost
  • September 2010 - 27,000 jobs lost (According to U.S. Labor Department, 64,000 private sector jobs are added but a net loss of 95,000 jobs are due to government layoffs) [6][7]
  • October 2010 - 220,000 jobs created (Private sector jobs net increase)
  • November 2010 - 121,000 jobs created
  • December 2010 - 120,000 jobs created
  • January 2011 - 110,000 jobs created
  • February 2011 - 220,000 jobs created
  • March 2011 - 246,000 jobs created
  • April 2011 - 251,000 jobs created
  • May 2011 - 54,000 jobs created
  • June 2011 - 84,000 jobs created
  • July 2011 - 96,000 jobs created
  • August 2011 - 85,000 jobs created
  • September 2011 - 202,000 jobs created
  • October 2011 - 112,000 jobs created
  • November 2011 - 157,000 jobs created
  • December 2011 - 223,000 jobs created
  • January 2012 - 275,000 jobs created
  • February 2012 - 259,000 jobs created
  • March 2012 - 143,000 jobs created
  • April 2012 - 68,000 jobs created
  • May 2012 - 87,000 jobs created
  • June 2012 - 45,000 jobs created
  • July 2012 - 181,000 jobs created
  • August 2012 - 142,000 jobs created
  • September 2012 - 114,000 jobs created
  • 2008 (September 2008 – December 2008) – 2.6 million jobs lost
  • 2009 (January 2009 – December 2009) – 4.2 million jobs lost[8]
  • 2010 (January 2010-December 2010) - 863,000 jobs created

That's the result of the Bush Crash of 2008.

Why are you always, always dishonest? You know we are going to expose your lies.
4i6Ckte.gif

One of the biggest problems with Obama is that he can't persuade anyone to do anything, and that's what a good politician is supposed to be able to do.

You convince people that doing X is in their best interest or at least doing X'.

FDR was a genius at this. So was LBJ.

Who is a rapist?

Clinton Misogyny - Sex

Post those, please.

She is certain they murdered Vince Foster too.
...because he found out that Chelsea is really Webb Hubbell's daughter?
4i6Ckte.gif

Hindsight.

That's called Foresight.

Holy shit, you're dumb.
4i6Ckte.gif

That's TWICE you have made a stupid comment that is answered in the article you still haven't read:

The memorandum, which has not been previously disclosed, cited a number of “significant points of vulnerability.” Those included: the building’s public access, the center’s location on the 23rd floor, a 1,200-gallon diesel fuel supply for its generator, a large garage and delivery bays, the building’s history as a terrorist target, and its placement above and adjacent to a Consolidated Edison substation that provided much of the power for Lower Manhattan.​

Hindsight.

That's called Foresight.

Holy shit, you're dumb.
4i6Ckte.gif

That's TWICE you have made a stupid comment that is answered in the article you still haven't read:

You know, there are always pros and cons in making this sort of decision.

Every single thing you cite could have been a con for most buildings in NYC. A large delivery bay? Give me a break.

We have the benefit of hindsight now. But may I point out that it was the Towers that were targeted originally and no one anticipated an attack the size of 9/11.

Or Bill Clinton would have gotten bin Laden when he could have.

Forum List

Back