Regret Your Vote Yet?

Every Obama voter I know regrets their vote, it doesn't help I rub their noses in it every chance I get. :FIREdevil:

I don't. McCain would have been another neocon nightmare.

Do you deny Democrats demanded to vote for the Iraq war?

Most Democrats voted against the Iraq war resolution.

And Democrat party leaders? Try as they might the Democratic party cannot duck their responsibility.

Every Obama voter I know regrets their vote, it doesn't help I rub their noses in it every chance I get. :FIREdevil:

And Democrat party leaders? Try as they might the Democratic party cannot duck their responsibility.

The house vote was Republicans 216 yea - 6 nay - 2 not voting. Democrats 82 yea - 126 nay - 1 not voting.

The Senate vote was Republicans 48 yea - 1 nay and Democrats 29 yea and 21 nay.

Which makes some of those Democrats hypocrites as they were pretty unified that Clinton should do something about Saddam Hussein but would not support a Republican president doing so.

One independent in the house and one independent in the Senate each voted nay.

But a substantial majority in Congress voted for the resolution giving George W. Bush authority to proceed. Had the vote been very close giving him only a slight margin to proceed, he almost certainly would not have done so on such a controversial issue.

I wish our current President would have followed that same philosophy when it came to Obamacare.

male-tears.jpg
Very proud of my vote for Obama in both General Elections. Would do so again in a heartbeat.
Oh brother!

No, I don't regret my vote. I regret her vote and the rest of her ilk
demotivation.us_MODERN-FEMINISM-The-social-movement-for-women-who-do-not-make-any-sense-and-are-proud-of-it_136775913360.jpg

332-206...need help figuring out which is greater?

Keep setting them up, I'll keep knocking them down.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

Here's a preview of 2016 loser.
Guess we can blame women for fucking up the country then.
Nah, the country was more fucked up before Obama became president. We can blame Conservatives and Republicans for electing Bush and the GOP.
That's simply an opinion based on nothing.

Barack Obama wasn't vetted.

The media didn't do it's job.

The unfolding of events since his election have proven the truth of the warnings that the rightwing gave early on.

Remember this warning?
"The Oval Office is no place for on the job training!"

Not only was he lacking in any executive experience....but he has proven to be an ideologue with no real moral compass, as the following story reveals:

1. "Obama regrets golfing after Foley death

2. Washington (AFP) - US President Barack Obama now admits that his decision to play a vacation round of golf immediately after addressing the murder of US journalist James Foley by Islamic State, was a mistake.

3. ...he also admitted that sometimes his own performance in some of the more public rituals of the presidency was lacking.

4. "It's not something that always comes naturally to me."
Obama regrets golfing after Foley death - Yahoo News

Not the first such view of the empty suit....

5. "Obama Campaign: Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was "Appropriate"

6. Once you have a grasp of this president's priorities, his team's responses to challenges like these are entirely predictable and expected.

7. GREGORY: “Was it inappropriate for him to go to a fundraiser the day after this attack now in retrospect knowing that it was a terrorist attack, inappropriate for him to engage in politics as usual?”
Obama Campaign Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was Appropriate - Guy Benson
i'm totally happy with my vote. then again, I didn't drink the koolaid and belive a pack of lies about hope and change.

Anybody with a brain denies it. What they voted for was to allow Bush to use military force if diplomatic efforts failed. At the time of that vote, the U.S. was trying to get U.N. inspectors back into Iraq. Inspectors went back in after that vote and diplomacy was getting the job done.

The house vote was Republicans 216 yea - 6 nay - 2 not voting. Democrats 82 yea - 126 nay - 1 not voting.

The Senate vote was Republicans 48 yea - 1 nay and Democrats 29 yea and 21 nay.

Which makes some of those Democrats hypocrites as they were pretty unified that Clinton should do something about Saddam Hussein but would not support a Republican president doing so.

One independent in the house and one independent in the Senate each voted nay.

But a substantial majority in Congress voted for the resolution giving George W. Bush authority to proceed. Had the vote been very close giving him only a slight margin to proceed, he almost certainly would not have done so on such a controversial issue.

I wish our current President would have followed that same philosophy when it came to Obamacare.
Nice spin, but what Democrats supported was Clinton bombing Iraq with Cruise missiles and supporting an Iraqi coup; not a full-scale, boots-on-the-ground invasion.

Anybody with a brain denies it. What they voted for was to allow Bush to use military force if diplomatic efforts failed. At the time of that vote, the U.S. was trying to get U.N. inspectors back into Iraq. Inspectors went back in after that vote and diplomacy was getting the job done.

"Anybody with a brain denies it."

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,1998.

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

snopes.com Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give thePresident of the United Statesthe authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons withinthe nextfive years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

male-tears.jpg
Very proud of my vote for Obama in both General Elections. Would do so again in a heartbeat.
Oh brother!

No, I don't regret my vote. I regret her vote and the rest of her ilk
demotivation.us_MODERN-FEMINISM-The-social-movement-for-women-who-do-not-make-any-sense-and-are-proud-of-it_136775913360.jpg

332-206...need help figuring out which is greater?

Keep setting them up, I'll keep knocking them down.

Screen-Shot-2013-03-12-at-4.22.22-PM.png

Here's a preview of 2016 loser.
Guess we can blame women for fucking up the country then.
Nah, the country was more fucked up before Obama became president. We can blame Conservatives and Republicans for electing Bush and the GOP.
That's simply an opinion based on nothing.
Suuure. Nothing but history. History of Bush and the GOP pushing home ownership to record highs (which Bush ran on in 2004 before it crashed) on the backs of the GSEs, but then failed to pass the oversight needed to go with it.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998.

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998.

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

"I will be voting to give thePresident of the United Statesthe authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons withinthe nextfive years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
Many of those quotes come from before Desert Fox under Clinton. :eusa_doh: What was true before Desert Fox was not necessarily needed after it. But the salient point here is none of those quotes were what was voted on. Try reading the actual resolution ... it allowed for military force as a last resort if diplomatic efforts failed. That's what they voted on. Who could have known Bush would pull the inspectors out of Iraq prematurely so he could move on to the invasion?

147 Democrats voted against the authorization of the disaster that was the Iraq invasion.

One of us is informed, its not you.

21 times more Democrats than Republicans voted against the Iraq War and you want to blame the Democrats?

Indeed.

Faun is a DNC operative. I'm pretty sure he is actually employed by the Demagogue Party. It isn't that Faun is uninformed, it is simply that he is devoid of integrity or any hint of ethics. He posts what will further the goals of the Demagogue Party with absolutely no consideration as to whether what he posts happens to be distortions or outright lies. The party is all, no other element is considered.

Ok, Democrats are as easy to mislead with false intel as GOPers.

Ok, Democrats are as easy to mislead with false intel as GOPers.

Interesting point.

Hope you haven't forgotten that it was the Democrats who emasculated the intel community.

1. During the 1970’s, as a result of Vietnam, Watergate and domestic spying, the Congress decided to gain control over the intelligence community.

“…Congress moved in the mid-1970s to “reassert” its role in shaping American foreign policy, including the most controversial tool of that policy, covert action. Secrecy was seen as antithetical to the American way, and there was widespread agreement that “rogue” agencies such as the CIA were a threat to liberty. Proponents of congressional intelligence oversight argued that openness and accountability were the cornerstone of a legitimate foreign policy, and it was believed that Congress, due to its diversity of opinion, possessed greater wisdom than the executive branch.

[Democrat] Senator Frank Church and his allies ....
The damage done to the CIA by this congressional oversight regime (Democrat-controlled Pike and Church Committees) is quite extensive. The committees increased the number of CIA officials subject to Senate confirmation, condemned the agency for its contacts with unscrupulous characters, prohibited any further contact with these bad characters, insisted that the United States not engage or assist in any coup which may harm a foreign leader, and overwhelmed the agency with interminable requests for briefings (some 600 alone in 1996).

[Democrat] Senator Robert Torricelli of New Jersey, who led the charge in the mid-1990s to prevent the CIA from hiring unsavory characters. Torricelli rallied to the defense of State Department employee Robert Nuccio, who leaked classified material....congressional restrictions on the ability of agents in the field to deal with “bad people.”

[C]hairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Joseph Biden,…[t]he Delaware Democrat was one of seventeen Senators who voted in 1974 to ban all covert operations, and proudly noted during his 1988 campaign for president that he had threatened to “go public” with covert action plans by the Reagan administration, causing them to cancel the operations."
http://hnn.us/articles/380.html

Many believe that the result was 9/11

2. Here at home, the Obama administration has gravely impaired our capability to gather human intelligence by declassifying hundreds of pages of documents that explain our interrogation techniques—information that is now probably in al-Qaeda training manuals. https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=10

Faun is a DNC operative. I'm pretty sure he is actually employed by the Demagogue Party. It isn't that Faun is uninformed, it is simply that he is devoid of integrity or any hint of ethics. He posts what will further the goals of the Demagogue Party with absolutely no consideration as to whether what he posts happens to be distortions or outright lies. The party is all, no other element is considered.

Faun is correct in the above. Bush was given the power to decide whether or not war with Iraq was necessary. He decided wrongly.

Forum List

Back