Religion and Politics

There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business. We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional. Our founders made separation of church and state a law for a reason but it is being over looked because it benefits those in power. We have laws against things that are just un morale against religious views which is completely absurd. people that have different religions or non at all are suffering because the people in charge are of the major religion and only want the votes of those believers. In the time of crisis that our political system is in we need to see what is setting it back and how we can progress.

You are wrong on so many levels.

1. Churches are not taxed because they are non-profits - not because they are religious.
2. When you go into the polls you can vote for the candidate you want for whatever your reasons. What would be unconstitutional would be for me to tell you what criteria you must use to make that choice.
3. Separation does not mean no interaction.
4. We vote in people to make laws. We do not establish what criteria they may or may not use to make those laws. So long as those laws fall within the US and various state constitutions, they are valid.
5. You make the assumption that if we remove religion from equation all things will be wonderful. That is an absurd assumption and is entirely faith based. It is contrary to reality. Laws are created by human beings and regardless of what criteria you think you are setting up, the same human beings will be making the laws.

Last edited:
There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business. We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional. Our founders made separation of church and state a law for a reason but it is being over looked because it benefits those in power. We have laws against things that are just un morale against religious views which is completely absurd. people that have different religions or non at all are suffering because the people in charge are of the major religion and only want the votes of those believers. In the time of crisis that our political system is in we need to see what is setting it back and how we can progress.

Have you considered what they do for people through charity?
What makes you think government can help people with that money better than what the Churches, of all faiths, do?

I would like to see every deduction for every person, charity, and company done away with, but since we are stuck in the real world, I have more faith in the church to do the right thing with my money than I do the government.
Churches are some of the worst places to donate money to for helping people.

The cost of operating their system eats up most of it.

Yet sadly they are still more trustworthy than government is.

Have you considered what they do for people through charity?
What makes you think government can help people with that money better than what the Churches, of all faiths, do?

I would like to see every deduction for every person, charity, and company done away with, but since we are stuck in the real world, I have more faith in the church to do the right thing with my money than I do the government.
Churches are some of the worst places to donate money to for helping people.

The cost of operating their system eats up most of it.

Yet sadly they are still more trustworthy than government is.

handjob.gif

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Read the post before his, idiot.

I did MORON! ...and no foreign head of state was mentioned --- and neither was revenue...

Donations to poltical campaigns are NOT revenue and the POPE is no foreign head of state...

but thanks for playing!!!

I played....and I won, idiot. When will you issue your apology?

Someone who does not know that the Pope is a foreign head of state has balls big enough to call anyone a moron. This world does allow for all kinds.

Last edited:
Read the post before his, idiot.

I did MORON! ...and no foreign head of state was mentioned --- and neither was revenue...

Donations to poltical campaigns are NOT revenue and the POPE is no foreign head of state...

Someone who does not know that the Pope is a foreign head of state has balls big enough to call anyone a moron. This world does allow for all kinds.

The only head associated with the Catholic church is on small boys.

There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business.

What do you think would happen to the political party that actively pushed for the end of the tax exempt status for religion?

We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional.

Not unconstitutional at all. Generally speaking, an individual acting in their individual capacity can not violate the Constitutiona Thus, when I was 8, my mom washed my mouth out with soap and no matter how hard I protested no court was willing to decalre such action a violation of my free speech rights. The tyrant also made me go to Sunday School, but again no court would intervene on account of freedom of religion. Finally, she made me eat beets... yet no court was willing to intervene to prevent this clearly cruel and unusual punishment.

There needs to be a bigger look at our political system in its relationship with religion. Over 70 billion dollars goes un collected by our government from religious profits. We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business.

What do you think would happen to the political party that actively pushed for the end of the tax exempt status for religion?

We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional.

Not unconstitutional at all. Generally speaking, an individual acting in their individual capacity can not violate the Constitutiona Thus, when I was 8, my mom washed my mouth out with soap and no matter how hard I protested no court was willing to decalre such action a violation of my free speech rights. The tyrant also made me go to Sunday School, but again no court would intervene on account of freedom of religion. Finally, she made me eat beets... yet no court was willing to intervene to prevent this clearly cruel and unusual punishment.

You and Rand Paul would make one hellava combo...Do you think kim jong un is a great man? Let's ask Dennis Rodman

Last edited:
No, you can't get your grubby mits on the money donated to churches, though I'm sure it makes statists drool just thinking about it. The 1st Amendment will continue in full force with churches exercising their right to do with the money as the congregations direct and assent.

What is wrong with you grasping morons?

You KNOW of a Pope who'd donated to a Presidential-candidate???????

No

Do you?

Regardless of what a pope does they live in a castle with hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold, silver, fine art, artifacts, books, etc. at their command. That's the biggest farce of all...the Christian church was all but dead in about 350AD when the Roman emperor Canstantine was himself converted and VOILA!!! all the rules for the new church were set then...by him. He even selected the dates for Christmas and Easter by proselytizing(sic) pagan holidays which were already gathering huge crowds to their celebrations.

You know nothing about the Christian church other than what you've read on anti-religious websites designed for idiots.

Please stop displaying your ignorance for all to see. I'm embarrassed for you.

Last edited:

The only head associated with the Catholic church is on small boys.

See what happens when you open the clergy to homosexuals?

English not your first language?

This is about the dumbest thing I have ever read. Careful... your giving TM a run for her money.

No

Do you?

Regardless of what a pope does they live in a castle with hundreds of billions of dollars worth of gold, silver, fine art, artifacts, books, etc. at their command. That's the biggest farce of all...the Christian church was all but dead in about 350AD when the Roman emperor Canstantine was himself converted and VOILA!!! all the rules for the new church were set then...by him. He even selected the dates for Christmas and Easter by proselytizing(sic) pagan holidays which were already gathering huge crowds to their celebrations.

You know nothing about the Christian church other than what you've read on anti-religious websites designed for idiots.

Right now the churches in the world own more real property than any other entity except governments themselves. All this accumulation of holdings has taken place while literally billions have starved or suffered from mal nutrition. I've read the new testament no less than ten times and it seems to me that the little thing about taking care of the poor has gone by the wayside. People drop in one time a week and put something into the plate and leave feeling good about themselves and pay no more attention for the next six days. The money they leave goes to expensive buildings, unusual building additions like spires, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs for their own congregation, a cut for their denomination or convention headquarters,.....if anything makes it to the poor it's a miracle.

Yes......they shoud be taxed exactly like any other American business...check it out:

002.jpg

Last edited:

Right now the churches in the world own more real property than any other entity except governments themselves. All this accumulation of holdings has taken place while literally billions have starved or suffered from mal nutrition. I've read the new testament no less than ten times and it seems to me that the little thing about taking care of the poor has gone by the wayside. People drop in one time a week and put something into the plate and leave feeling good about themselves and pay no more attention for the next six days. The money they leave goes to expensive buildings, unusual building additions like spires, carpeting, oak or mahagony pews, stained glass, expensive musical instruments and sound systems, religious retreats, youth programs for their own congregation, a cut for their denomination or convention headquarters,.....if anything makes it to the poor it's a miracle.

Yes......they shoud be taxed exactly like any other American business...check it out:

002.jpg

And how is that any of your business and why do you think you're entitled to a share of its money?

No. We need to get government further away from religion and stop politicians from thinking they have a right to tax individuals, pastors, and religions for the audacity of speaking out against them and calling the people to repent in their own lives and pick honest and noble representatives.

The First amendment is pretty clear. The government cannot pass laws that abridge the free exercise of religion. That is why Churches cannot be taxed.

002.jpg

They aren't a business. Pretending they are so you can persecute them is wrong.

English not your first language?

This is about the dumbest thing I have ever read. Careful... your giving TM a run for her money.

Not easy to do.

002.jpg

And how is that any of your business and why do you think you're entitled to a share of its money?

I don't believe a word of it. Anybody who has read the bible knows it was written for those who think of others before they think of themselves. If you believe that load of dog shit written by primitves who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat...give me a break.

Matthew 7 13
"You can enter God's Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.
Wide is the path to destruction and many will enter therein

Luke 16:19-31

King James Version (KJV)

19 There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

21 And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell the rich man lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And the rich man cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Last edited:
>We need to look at religion at what it truly is, a business.

-No. Just because it amasses wealth, it doesn't mean it's a business. The purpose of collecting taxes is to pay for government services that it provides to individuals and to businesses (i.e. subsidies). What $$ benefits other than no tax do religions receive?

>We make our political candidates religion an actual factor when we go to the voting polls this is a thing that is un constitutional.

- Right, 'we' do, not the government.

>Our founders made separation of church and state a law for a reason but it is being over looked because it benefits those in power.

- Apparently you flunked grade school history and social studies. The reason why there is separation of church and state was that no single religion would be established by the government. A main reason why the colonists came to America was to escape religious persecution and the ability to freely follow the religion of their choice. You're another agnostic or athiest person that thinks it's freedom FROM religion rather than freedom OF religion.

See above

Forum List

Back