🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

religion is just brainwashing

immaturity is believing in ghosts/fairies/etc
being brainwashed and brainwashing yourself

....all the Catholics I know, including my father's family, grew up Catholic
since they were babies, their parents took them to church and school where they were taught, from their earliest childhood--about Catholicism
...this is like brainwashing kids to believe in ''something''
..sure, they ask them if they want to ''renounce satan, follow jesus, etc--later!--but even this is ''forced'' on them
isn't this the way most religions are?

if I were born in Indonesia, chances are very, very great I would not be Catholic--but Islamic---

This is an outrage. Forced to renounce Satan?

They should be taught in school that they can worship him instead.
that's just it..satan is make believe
you better do what we tell you==or you go to hell
You're in for a rude awakening. Your unbelief does not change reality.
sure--what awakening would that be?
reality is there is no sky fairy
a virgin cannot give birth to a god
man/jesus did not rise from the dead

"...
Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.”

Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person."

F.A.Q. Fundamental Beliefs | churchofsatan.com

immaturity is believing in ghosts/fairies/etc
being brainwashed and brainwashing yourself

"
F.A.Q. For Christians who want Satanists to Change Their Ways
Have you heard about Jesus?

Yes, and we find his philosophy to be servile and counter to human nature. We do not believe in this mythical figure and caution you to keep your beliefs in such legends to yourself."

"I am a Christian and feel that I need to tell you about the Lord because you are all going to Hell.
“Judge not lest you be judged.” Remember your “savior’s” words?

We trust you are praying to your God for forgiveness, as you certainly aren’t living up to the tenets of Christianity. Do you remember the dictum “Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you”? Well, is it that you want strangers to send you hateful email out of the blue, as you have done to us?

You are clearly committing a sin by your own standards by this action, and if you don’t get it forgiven, it may be one of the many which bar your entry into the Heaven in which you believe.

Your bigotry and intolerance are exactly the same as that shown by the terrorists who kill those who do not share their beliefs. The free world of rational secular individuals is tired of people like you. You will reap as you have sown."

F.A.Q. For Christians who want Satanists to Change Their Ways | churchofsatan.com

The empirical method is only one method to see the world

It's a method of explaining things. And if you can't explain something by the "empirical method" (scientific method), then you can't actually explain it. You can say your houseplants talk to you all day, and pretend to explain exactly how and why this happens. Would anyone believe you, without empirical evidence? No, nor should they.

You rely on this same empty bag for your religious dogma. Your dogma is not "theism"; it goes far beyond pure theism. You make empirical claims about gods and their plans and their intentions.

All this streams are part of the Christian identity

Disagree 100%. The Renaissance, the scientific enlightenment, the recognizance of classical liberalism all happened in spite of religion. The Christian Church had to be dragged along, kicking and screaming, for ALL of these transformations.

Yet they had in their hands the same book of bronze-age fables as you do. It's so very simple to see what changed. It doesn't get much clearer than this. Christianity was reformed by secular ideas. As was (to a lesser degree, obviously) Islam, a long time ago. Until that was undone.

All religion must fucking die!!!

I want to crush the Catholic Church like a toad!
Adolf Hitler

there were and are a lot of people like hitler--they just don't have the opportunity to get the same power
Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Jim Jones, David Koresh, etc

I know nothing about the psychological structure of this people. I would call them insane. The problem with Hitler is that he was normal. Everyone could be like Hitler. If you like to know something about Adolf Hitler then read what Joachim Fest was able to say about him. You will not find a demon but a very complex situation of world history and lots of wrong answers of lots of people. And Hannah Arendt made for sure a very great discovery when she spoke about the banality of the evil. It's a shock how banal, how trivial, the evil is able to be.

Last edited:
All this streams are part of the Christian identity

Disagree 100%.

It's completely unimportant for me whether someone agrees or disagrees with anything what I say. Everyone has to go the own way.

The Renaissance, the scientific enlightenment, the recognizance of classical liberalism all happened in spite of religion.

No. Even secularism is a Christian "dogma", doctrine, teaching. That's why Europe tried to find a balance between "pope" and "emperor". Who understands not the Christian religion understands nothing of the history of Europe, America and big other parts of the world.

The Christian Church had to be dragged along, kicking and screaming, for ALL of these transformations.

In this tug-of-wars it were not Atheists on one side of the rope and Christians on the other side of the rope. Otherwise the Christians had catapulted the Atheists to the moon. Even today would a little jump of all Catholics catapult all Atheist into an orbit around the Earth.

Yet they had in their hands the same book of bronze-age fables as you do. It's so very simple to see what changed. It doesn't get much clearer than this. Christianity was reformed by secular ideas.

In my own German language Christianity ("Christlichkeit", also translated "Christianness") is able to grow, but is not able to be reformed.

As was (to a lesser degree, obviously) Islam, a long time ago. Until that was undone.

¿Islam? ... The "mother of the believers" agreed not with Osman, who canonized the Quran. Why? Do we read everything correct what Muhamed said or should we start to search the holy Grail ... ah sorry: the true Quran?

Last edited:
It is a cult that is accepted by the masses.

This is why critical thinking is far more important then being an religious sheep.
Critical thinking is perhaps one of the most beneficial and efficacious tools we have to determine what is and what is not "real".

Pity almost no one these days knows how to engage in critical thinking, or would even recognize it if they fell over it.

I have a question for the evangelical atheists. And spare me your protestations of "I'm not evangelizing anything; I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe anything". If you feel the need to explain loudly to everyone how religion is a fairy tale and everyone who believes in it is a superstitious rube any and every time religion is mentioned even in passing; if you have ever used the phrase "sky fairy"; if you spend time actually starting conversations about how religion is "brainwashing" or teaching one's children about religion is "child abuse" . . . then you're an evangelical atheist, and you might as well own it.

Anyway, here's my question: What do you have to offer to replace my religious beliefs?

'Cause I have to tell you that right now, your sales technique is sadly lacking. You must have noticed that, if anything, people tend to be MORE convinced of their religious beliefs after talking to you, rather than less. Religions of all stripes have enjoyed vastly more success at convincing and recruiting people throughout all of human history than atheism ever has. This is because religion offers people something desirable in exchange for their adherence. You can argue all day about whether or not that something is really of value, but obviously, people DO value it, or they wouldn't continue to believe.

So what are YOU offering? If you think I should stop believing in God and Christianity, what are you going to replace it with? What am I going to get out of switching to your beliefs? Convince me. Sell me on it. Why should I be an atheist? What benefit will it add to my existence?

Adolf Hitler

there were and are a lot of people like hitler--they just don't have the opportunity to get the same power

I know nothing about the psychological structure of this people. I would call them insane. The problem with Hitler is that he was normal. Everyone could be like Hitler. If you like to know something about Adolf Hitler then read what Joachim Fest was able to say about him. You will not find a demon but a very complex situation of world history and lots of wrong answers of lots of people. And Hannah Arendt made for sure a very great discovery when she spoke about the banality of the evil. It's a shock how banal, how trivial, the evil is able to be.

Evil is simply the refusal to recognize humanity as something special.

Even secularism is a Christian "dogma", doctrine, teaching.

Wow, this is stupid. But, like I always say, this is a luxury you magically thinking nutballs have that rational, evidence based thinkers do not: You can make ANYTHING fit your magical paradigm, and vice versa. That is because it is a steaming pile of nonsense that can mean anything to anyone.

Galileo did not have that luxury, when gathering empirical evidence.

Satan? Freakish. Your ideas should be ridiculed. Your stupid religious threats and voodoo should be regarded no better than those of any stupid fuck on the corner with a sandwich board and a bullhorn. Satan... haha... oh man.
That is exactly what the Satanists say. And exactly the way they say it

The Satanists ridicule the idea of Satan and deny Satan exists? Damn you say bizarre things.

Even secularism is a Christian "dogma", doctrine, teaching.

Wow, this is stupid. But, like I always say, this is a luxury you magically thinking nutballs have that rational, evidence based thinkers do not: You can make ANYTHING fit your magical paradigm, and vice versa. That is because it is a steaming pile of nonsense that can mean anything to anyone.

Galileo did not have that luxury, when gathering empirical evidence.

Just a warning: I really doubt you want to run to Galileo to bolster your arguments, because I really doubt you know any real facts about Galileo.

That being said, if this is really the path you want to take, by all means, do continue drawing your connection between Galileo and the current topic. I'll just sit over here, watching in morbid fascination while you step on your johnson yet again. :popcorn:

I have a question for the evangelical atheists. And spare me your protestations of "I'm not evangelizing anything; I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe anything". If you feel the need to explain loudly to everyone how religion is a fairy tale and everyone who believes in it is a superstitious rube any and every time religion is mentioned even in passing; if you have ever used the phrase "sky fairy"; if you spend time actually starting conversations about how religion is "brainwashing" or teaching one's children about religion is "child abuse" . . . then you're an evangelical atheist, and you might as well own it.

Anyway, here's my question: What do you have to offer to replace my religious beliefs?

'Cause I have to tell you that right now, your sales technique is sadly lacking. You must have noticed that, if anything, people tend to be MORE convinced of their religious beliefs after talking to you, rather than less. Religions of all stripes have enjoyed vastly more success at convincing and recruiting people throughout all of human history than atheism ever has. This is because religion offers people something desirable in exchange for their adherence. You can argue all day about whether or not that something is really of value, but obviously, people DO value it, or they wouldn't continue to believe.

So what are YOU offering? If you think I should stop believing in God and Christianity, what are you going to replace it with? What am I going to get out of switching to your beliefs? Convince me. Sell me on it. Why should I be an atheist? What benefit will it add to my existence?

Still waiting on anyone to take up answering this question. Good thing I didn't really expect anyone to have the cojones to do it, and didn't hold my breath.

Still waiting on anyone to take up answering this question. Good thing I didn't really expect anyone to have the cojones to do it, and didn't hold my breath.
I think they are called militant atheists.

Militant atheism - Conservapedia

Adolf Hitler

Evil is simply the refusal to recognize humanity as something special.

Evil is the absence of good.

Forum List

Back