Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

Or it could simply be that there is no creator and what spawned our universe was just an anomaly of the quantum field where our ideas of time and space don;t work and the emergence of a collapsing wave function
IOW, order from chaos?

Apparently, you don't understand scientific claims. Modern science uses "scientific methods" to discover knowledge about objective facts. NO ASSumptions about reality without objective evidence.
Yes, priests can apply scientific methods when being objective, but claims about supernatural stuff are not scientific.
I've been a practicing engineer for over 37 years. I probably know a good deal more about science than you do.

Gregor Johann Mendel OSA (/ˈmɛndəl/; Czech: Řehoř Jan Mendel;[2] 20 July 1822[3] – 6 January 1884) was a German-Czech biologist, meteorologist,[4] mathematician, Augustinian friar and abbot of St. Thomas' Abbey in Brno (Brünn), Margraviate of Moravia. Mendel was born in a German-speaking family in the Silesian part of the Austrian Empire (today's Czech Republic) and gained posthumous recognition as the founder of the modern science of genetics.[5]

"According to the Big Bang theory, the expansion of the observable universe began with the explosion of a single particle at a definite point in time. This startling idea first appeared in scientific form in 1931, in a paper by Georges Lemaître, a Belgian cosmologist and Catholic priest. The theory, accepted by nearly all astronomers today, was a radical departure from scientific orthodoxy in the 1930s. Many astronomers at the time were still uncomfortable with the idea that the universe is expanding. That the entire observable universe of galaxies began with a bang seemed preposterous..."

Pierre Teilhard de Chardin SJ (French: [pjɛʁ tɛjaʁ də ʃaʁdɛ̃] (listen); 1 May 1881 – 10 April 1955) was a French Jesuit priest, scientist, paleontologist, theologian, philosopher and teacher. He was Darwinian in outlook and the author of several influential theological and philosophical books.

His mainstream scientific achievements included taking part in the discovery of Peking Man.
His more speculative ideas, sometimes criticized as pseudoscientific, have included a vitalist conception of the Omega Point and the development along with Vladimir Vernadsky of the concept of a noosphere.

IOW, order from chaos?
Who says the quantum field is chaos?

it just is what it is.

When you think about it we all create our own realities inside our heads all depending an what we focus on and thereby collapse a wave function from an infinite state to a single point

"Spirituality" means different things to different people. Cultural conformity is a separate variable in evolutionary thinking that Darwin was not concerned with in his research on animal species.
The concept of survival being based upon functional advantages doesn't care one bit about what the advantage is or isn't. Only that it provides an advantage.

The continued existence of religion in overwhelming numbers can only because it provides an advantage. Which is does.

Who says the quantum field is chaos?

it just is what it is.

When you think about it we all create our own realities inside our heads all depending an what we focus on and thereby collapse a wave function from an infinite state to a single point
The chaos was the quantum soup of radiation and matter which existed in the early universe. Which you know nothing about.

No it isn't.

The institution is not the customer.

Organized religion is big business. it's run like a business, it has tax liabilities , it has employees and revenues.

If any other business that was not a religion was partaking in a global scheme of aiding and abetting pedophiles that business would have been torn apart and its leaders in jail for life. But you say the religion cannot be held to that standard because of faith.

But you also say you would abolish a faith if it hurt children.

you are a hypocrite.
I'm not a hypocrite. I believe religion is a benefit to mankind and should be protected from fools like you. You believe religion is a blight on society but are too big of a pussy to say you would abolish it. That's what makes you a hypocrite.

The chaos was the quantum soup of radiation and matter which existed in the early universe. Which you know nothing about.
YOU call it chaos and what do YOU know?

It was what is was as defined by its nature and the quantum plane still is what it is defined by its nature

I'm not a hypocrite. I believe religion is a benefit to mankind and should be protected from fools like you. You believe religion is a blight on society but are too big of a pussy to say you would abolish it. That's what makes you a hypocrite.

You believe wrong.

And I never once said I would abolish it and you cannot quote any post of mine where I said that

I however can quote a post of yours where you said you would abolish a religion you didn't agree with.

YOU call it chaos and what do YOU know?

It was what is was as defined by its nature and the quantum plane still is what it is defined by its nature
If that were the case it would have stayed in that state. The quantum soup only existed for a brief period of time and was extremely chaotic. You don't know dick about science.

"...The study, published by the journal Communications in Mathematical Physics, reports not only that chaos is absolute but also the mathematical tools that can be used to detect it. When applied to the most accepted model for the evolution of the universe, these tools demonstrate that the early universe was chaotic..."

If that were the case it would have stayed in that state. The quantum soup only existed for a brief period of time and was extremely chaotic. You don't know dick about science.

"...The study, published by the journal Communications in Mathematical Physics, reports not only that chaos is absolute but also the mathematical tools that can be used to detect it. When applied to the most accepted model for the evolution of the universe, these tools demonstrate that the early universe was chaotic..."

It still is in that state.

The quantum field has not changed

You are applying Newtonian physics to the quantum field and we know that the 2 don;t jive.

You believe wrong.

And I never once said I would abolish it and you cannot quote any post of mine where I said that

I however can quote a post of yours where you said you would abolish a religion you didn't agree with.
That's what makes you a hypocrite. You believe religion is detrimental and a blight on humanity. If I believed something was detrimental and a blight on humanity I would be for abolishing it. But since I don't believe that religion is detrimental and a blight on humanity, and since I do believe religion is beneficial, I'm for protecting it.

You are applying Newtonian physics to the quantum field and we know that the 2 don;t jive.
I just provided a link saying the early universe was chaotic. Do you have a link supporting your position?

That's what makes you a hypocrite. You believe religion is detrimental and a blight on humanity. If I believed something was detrimental and a blight on humanity I would be for abolishing it. But since I don't believe that religion is detrimental and a blight on humanity, and since I do believe religion is beneficial, I'm for protecting it.

Yes an I can believe that without the need to force my ideas on other people.

YOU need to force your ideas on other people.

and YOU project your pathological need for control onto everyone.

and as we see religion is dying of its own doing and no one has to abolish it because it will become extinct on its own

Yes an I can believe that without the need to force my ideas on other people.

YOU need to force your ideas on other people.

and YOU project your pathological need for control onto everyone.

and as we see religion is dying of its own doing and no one has to abolish it because it will become extinct on its own
I'm not the one trying to subordinate other people's religious beliefs. That's you. You are the one trying to force your ideas onto others, dummy.

You know this how?

You know god exists how?

The universe spawned from the quantum vacuum via a fluctuation

we have no reason to believe that quantum vacuum is still there outside of this universe.

You like to conflate the known universe with the unknown universe/

I'm not the one trying to subordinate other people's religious beliefs. That's you. You are the one trying to force your ideas onto others, dummy.

IDGAF what you believe and all I do is criticize religious institutions you cannot think well enough to see the difference.

Forum List

Back