Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

There are MANY religions, and most are thousands of years old when few were able to read, and even fewer understood scientific knowledge about the universe that is evident today.
Which religion is best? Why would you choose a religion when its leaders don't understand natural, scientific reality?

Really? Do you know that Vedic scientists were describing the cycles and layers of the universe, and the atom as a building block of the universe 5,000 years ago?

I learn something every single day. My faith turns on all the learning centers of my mind. It's my secret weapon.
Faith isn't learning.

It's blind acceptance of the word of some outside authority therefore it is the antithesis of learning.

Faith isn't learning.

It's blind acceptance of the word of some outside authority therefore it is the antithesis of learning.
Faith - when properly exercised - turns on all the learning centers of the mind.

You're struggling with your religious convictions and you're in danger of learning something. It comes with the problem of having to lie to yourself.
Exactly!

My dearest Wormwood,

It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out.

Affectionately yours,

Uncle Screwtape

C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

Check around the floor of your dinghy. Happy Valentine's Day!

for what nuts ... is there a track your following -

deism as the metaphysical forces responsible for all that is created offends your atheism - as defined by your acute understanding its unequivocal meaning.

I learn something every single day. My faith turns on all the learning centers of my mind. It's my secret weapon.
Yes, weapons are for fighting and that will have to continue in your mind until you determine just what you're supposed to believe. But it has to be your private thing because there is shame attached to certain beliefs.

So we need you to keep fighting to find the courage to be proud enough of your beliefs to talk about them.

What lie would that be?
How about for example, the lie you need to tell yourself so that you can believe in the Adam and Eve story so that it can stand beside Darwin's truth.

Will you denounce either? It doesn't matter which one you choose as the truth because either will free you from your contradictions.

Yes, weapons are for fighting and that will have to continue in your mind until you determine just what you're supposed to believe. But it has to be your private thing because there is shame attached to certain beliefs.

So we need you to keep fighting to find the courage to be proud enough of your beliefs to talk about them.
I already know what I believe and there is no shame in my belief. There's only peace, joy and happiness. I have chosen the better portion and it will not be taken from me. So save you subversion for someone else.

How about for example, the lie you need to tell yourself so that you can believe in the Adam and Eve story so that it can stand beside Darwin's truth.
What is it that you think I believe about the account of Adam and Eve?

Will you denounce either? It doesn't matter which one you choose as the truth because either will free you from your contradictions.
Belief in a creator and evolution are not mutually exclusive propositions. Why do you believe they are?

Exactly!

My dearest Wormwood,

It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out.

Affectionately yours,

Uncle Screwtape

C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
Congratulations quoting an author who believes in the divinity of Christ.

What is it that you think I believe about the account of Adam and Eve?
We don't know because you haven't stated your acceptance or rejection of the story. You don't have to say either way, but that then becomes the lie you have to live with. Would you like to choose and make it publicly known?

Forum List

Back