Religion should be private

"The citizens have free exercise thereof on their government property" is a false statement.

The few DC exhibits are the exceptions that prove the rule, because they are examples of civil religious symbols.

You have no constitutional right to place a manger scene at city hall. Talk to SCOTUS if you don't like it.
Citizens have the right to put a manger scene at city hall if they want to. The city hall belongs to the citizens. That's "free exercise thereof".
Nope. We are a constitutional republic with some democratic procedures. We are not a democracy.
Your post has nothing to do with my previous post.
Yeah, it does, and that is has how SCOTUS sees it. Tough to be you.

"The citizens have free exercise thereof on their government property" is a false statement.

The few DC exhibits are the exceptions that prove the rule, because they are examples of civil religious symbols.

You have no constitutional right to place a manger scene at city hall. Talk to SCOTUS if you don't like it.
Citizens have the right to put a manger scene at city hall if they want to. The city hall belongs to the citizens. That's "free exercise thereof".
Nope. We are a constitutional republic with some democratic procedures. We are not a democracy.
Piss on SCOTUS. I have a constitution. It's good to be me. I'm free and a citizen. A couple activist lawyers don't tell me what to do.

Piss on SCOTUS. I have a constitution. It's good to be me. I'm free and a citizen. A couple activist lawyers don't tell me what to do.
Yup, SCOTUS does.

---
"I'm free and a citizen."

So are many Muslims. Everyone should be free to maintain their beliefs, but government should not be part of it

W
It means to keep organized religion out of government.
Wrong. Read it again.
You don't get it. No established church means no organized religion in government.
There never has been an organized religion in our federal government. You're propping up a straw man. You're also ignoring "free exercise thereof".
"free excise thereof" does not mean religious symbols in places of government, it does not mean state-organized prayer over the PA in public schools.

Where is that prohibited? This nation was based upon Christian principles with an eye towards keeping the government out of it. Even our Declaration of Independence references the Creator. The Constitution forbids government interference in religion - it does nowhere prevent religious interference in government.

---
"Even our Declaration of Independence references the Creator."

Does it reference Moses, Christ, Allah, or Deism? Did it have a favorite?

W
Wrong. Read it again.
You don't get it. No established church means no organized religion in government.
There never has been an organized religion in our federal government. You're propping up a straw man. You're also ignoring "free exercise thereof".
"free excise thereof" does not mean religious symbols in places of government, it does not mean state-organized prayer over the PA in public schools.

Where is that prohibited? This nation was based upon Christian principles with an eye towards keeping the government out of it. Even our Declaration of Independence references the Creator. The Constitution forbids government interference in religion - it does nowhere prevent religious interference in government.

---

No. But the Declaration of Independence does say that it was the Creator himself who endowed man with certain inalienable rights. It made no mention of Obama, Hillary, the Democrat Party, or the SCOTUS as having any part in it.

W
Wrong. Read it again.

---

Nope.

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1

---

No. But the Declaration of Independence does say that it was the Creator himself who endowed man with certain inalienable rights. It made no mention of Obama, Hillary, the Democrat Party, or the SCOTUS as having any part in it.
Or you, Jeremiah, Benny Hinn, Pat Robertson, ad naueseum ad infinitum.

---

Or you.

---

Or you.
Now you are catching on, son. Context. You need context.

Yup, SCOTUS does.
Nope. SCOTUS doesn't legislate. Any decision can be overruled by the people by the amendment process. The people have the final say. Sucks to be you.

Yup, SCOTUS does.
Nope. SCOTUS doesn't legislate. Any decision can be overruled by the people by the amendment process. The people have the final say. Sucks to be you.
I have already instructed you on the people and the amendment process. Until then, it is SCOTUS.

Yup, SCOTUS does.
I have already instructed you on the people and the amendment process. Until then, it is SCOTUS.
LOL. You probably do better with naive college kids. You're full of crap when it comes to the Constitution. Any decision by SCOTUS can be remedied by the amendment process and im very informed how that works. Five corrupt activist lawyers don't run this country, the citizens do.

Yup, SCOTUS does.

Come on Jake. SCOTUS can only render an opinion. SCOTUS cannot enforce anything.

get

Yup, SCOTUS does.

Come on Jake. SCOTUS can only render an opinion. SCOTUS cannot enforce anything.
Our system relies on people respecting the laws. Otherwise the constitution becomes a goddamned piece of paper and supreme court rulings become worthless.

Yup, SCOTUS does.

Our system relies on people respecting the laws. Otherwise the constitution becomes a goddamned piece of paper and supreme court rulings become worthless.

Has nothing to do with the TRUTH though.

Forum List

Back