Religion should be private

I agree. Keep the government out of religion. That's what that first amendment means. Too many assholes like "freedom from religion" going around threatening to sue people to remove religious monuments.
========
But we also have to keep religion out of government.

Unless you want to be forced to become a Muslim.

You do know the fastest growing religion in America is Islam, don't you?
Have you seen how they are behaving as the emigrate into European countries?

Immediately DEMANDING Sharia Law and assaulting women on the street who are not dressed according to THEIR religion. And they are just getting started.

You < think> that YOUR brand of Christianity would be in charge but you may well be in for a big fuckin' suprise.
There has never been a problem with religion in government in this country. The first amendment specifically states government cannot establish a state religion. Period. Nothing prevents citizens from practicing their religion. It's gotten so oppressive that citizens are being forced to remove manger scenes at Christmas time.
Organized religion is different than exercising religious values in voting and policy making.

W
Whatever. Our government at the Federal and State levels in some places in my country are too big and oppressive. Government has no place ordering people where they can and can't place bibles, decorations, or speak. That's called tyranny.
I agree with most of what you say; but 'whatever' is not an excuse for not learning how to use the language correctly. Our form of government separates church and state.
I agree. Keep the government out of religion. That's what that first amendment means. Too many assholes like "freedom from religion" going around threatening to sue people to remove religious monuments.
It means to keep organized religion out of government.
Wrong. Read it again.
You don't get it. No established church means no organized religion in government.
There never has been an organized religion in our federal government. You're propping up a straw man. You're also ignoring "free exercise thereof".

W
I agree with most of what you say; but 'whatever' is not an excuse for not learning how to use the language correctly. Our form of government separates church and state.
Wrong. Read it again.
You don't get it. No established church means no organized religion in government.
There never has been an organized religion in our federal government. You're propping up a straw man. You're also ignoring "free exercise thereof".
"free excise thereof" does not mean religious symbols in places of government, it does not mean state-organized prayer over the PA in public schools.

========
But we also have to keep religion out of government.

Unless you want to be forced to become a Muslim.

You do know the fastest growing religion in America is Islam, don't you?
Have you seen how they are behaving as the emigrate into European countries?

Immediately DEMANDING Sharia Law and assaulting women on the street who are not dressed according to THEIR religion. And they are just getting started.

You < think> that YOUR brand of Christianity would be in charge but you may well be in for a big fuckin' suprise.
There has never been a problem with religion in government in this country. The first amendment specifically states government cannot establish a state religion. Period. Nothing prevents citizens from practicing their religion. It's gotten so oppressive that citizens are being forced to remove manger scenes at Christmas time.
Organized religion is different than exercising religious values in voting and policy making.
W
Wrong. Read it again.
"free excise thereof" does not mean religious symbols in places of government, it does not mean state-organized prayer over the PA in public schools.
Yes, it does. The citizens have free exercise thereof on their government property. The citizens have authority, not a few bullying athiests. The people have a constitutional right to place a manger scene or the ten commandments on government property. Take a trip to Washington DC and you'll notice religious symbols on government property everywhere.

"The citizens have free exercise thereof on their government property" is a false statement.

The few DC exhibits are the exceptions that prove the rule, because they are examples of civil religious symbols.

You have no constitutional right to place a manger scene at city hall. Talk to SCOTUS if you don't like it.

Yeah. Christianity is religion, based on book named Bible. Anyone, who reads the book, exposes his love to Christianity. Let's start Fahrenheit 451 :)
Never seen it but looked it up to see what Fahrenheit 451 was. They don't figure burn the books, they already dumbed down the populous now it is just a matter of some more alterations on actual history. A lot that has already been accomplished in many societies (countries).

Maybe, alteration of history is one of hardest sins for the [sic] humankind. Every alteration usually produces a lot of problems. Shoot the past from [sic] pistol - and you'll be shooted [sic] by cannon from [ths] future...

Maybe you should study English in the future.

Can you do any better writing 2 sentences in Russian?.....

Until I can, I won't post on any Russian-language sites.

---
Lame.

Your religion (if any) should be as private as your genitals.

Anyone who exposes either their genitals or their religion in public should be arrested and given a 2 year minimum prison sentence.

Discuss.

Yeah. Christianity is religion, based on book named Bible. Anyone, who reads the book, exposes his love to Christianity. Let's start Fahrenheit 451 :)
Never seen it but looked it up to see what Fahrenheit 451 was. They don't figure burn the books, they already dumbed down the populous now it is just a matter of some more alterations on actual history. A lot that has already been accomplished in many societies (countries).

Maybe, alteration of history is one of hardest sins for the [sic] humankind. Every alteration usually produces a lot of problems. Shoot the past from [sic] pistol - and you'll be shooted [sic] by cannon from [ths] future...

Maybe you should study English in the future.

I'm learning it with your little help, thanks! :)

---
I applaud your efforts, unless you work for Bortnikov's FSB, aka Федеральная служба безопасности Российской Федерации (ФСБ).

"The citizens have free exercise thereof on their government property" is a false statement.

The few DC exhibits are the exceptions that prove the rule, because they are examples of civil religious symbols.

You have no constitutional right to place a manger scene at city hall. Talk to SCOTUS if you don't like it.
Citizens have the right to put a manger scene at city hall if they want to. The city hall belongs to the citizens. That's "free exercise thereof".

Citizens have the right to put a manger scene at city hall if they want to. The city hall belongs to the citizens. That's "free exercise thereof".

---
How equal "time" or expression of beliefs?
Would you oppose Muslim Americans placing a Quran image held by a statue of a face-covering woman in a burka?

W
Wrong. Read it again.
"In God We trust". "One Nation Under God". So which god is it? All of them?

---
Would you oppose Muslim Americans placing a Quran image held by a statue of a face-covering woman in a burka?
Yes, I would oppose that because Islam isn't a religion. Islam is an evil hateful murderous backwards tribal cult and has no place in civilized society.

W
Wrong. Read it again.
"In God We trust". "One Nation Under God". So which god is it? All of them?
Jehovah. The God of Abraham. The Living God whom our founding fathers believed in.

---
Yes, I would oppose that because Islam isn't a religion. Islam is an evil hateful murderous backwards tribal cult and has no place in civilized society.

Every bigot thinks their "yeahbut" is legitimate. They are wrong.

---

Every bigot thinks their "yeahbut" is legitimate. They are wrong.
Yeah, we're all bigots these days. We're gonna ignore that crap and live our lives. We're not gonna allow the leftist agenda be shoved down our throats by a godless minority who use Muslims to destroy American heritage and Christian culture and values. Call me a bigot all day. We're becoming immune. God Bless America.

Nope. We are a constitutional republic with some democratic procedures. We are not a democracy.

---
Of course she would, particularly if the Muslims in the area were in the majority.

W
Wrong. Read it again.

Where is that prohibited? This nation was based upon Christian principles with an eye towards keeping the government out of it. Even our Declaration of Independence references the Creator. The Constitution forbids government interference in religion - it does nowhere prevent religious interference in government.

---
Of course she would, particularly if the Muslims in the area were in the majority.
That's my right.

W
Wrong. Read it again.

Where is that prohibited? This nation was based upon Christian principles with an eye towards keeping the government out of it. Even our Declaration of Independence references the Creator. The Constitution forbids government interference in religion - it does nowhere prevent religious interference in government.
Exactly. The loud mouth Christian spouting bible verses in congress has just as much right to speak as the loud mouth heathen shouting abortion is a right.

Nope. We are a constitutional republic with some democratic procedures. We are not a democracy.
Your post has nothing to do with my previous post.

Forum List

Back