Religous left says no to Trump

Francis makes me wonder if he wants to be the new moonbat messiah after the meat puppet queer leaves the white house.

Pope says Trump 'not Christian' in views, plans over immigration

Apparently Pope Francis has said that Donald Trump CANNOT be a Christian if he wants to build a wall between the Mexican/US border.

Voting for Trump makes Jesus cry.
The wall the hypocrite Pope lives behind.
IMG_00557.jpg

Apparently Pope Francis has said that Donald Trump CANNOT be a Christian if he wants to build a wall between the Mexican/US border.

IMG_00557.jpg
There is no comparison you chump. You can actually get in to the Vatican through things called doors. They are everywhere over here.
So why doesn't the Pope allow masses of 3rd world migrants into Vatican City?

IMG_00557.jpg
There is no comparison you chump. You can actually get in to the Vatican through things called doors. They are everywhere over here.
So why doesn't the Pope allow masses of 3rd world migrants into Vatican City?
The Vatican is full to bursting with paedo priests.

Of all the things to call Trump not Christian about, this has got to be the dumbest. I mean heck there is an entire book in the Bible about the Israelites building a wall

[from the article:]
[In a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico, Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president.

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” Francis said in answer to a specific question about Trump’s views. “This is not in the gospel.”

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump’s views, Francis said: “I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt,” he said.]

================================================

You can interpret these words however you like, but I do believe most are getting a little too excitable over this. Essentially, all the pope is saying is that the way Trump comes off does not sound Christian nor does it sound charitable. The fact the pope is often so candid and unguarded with his words is more refreshing and impacting than it is scandalous. IMO.

In this case I do say he went a little too bold in his choice of words, especially since he does not criticize other far less honest or worthy “statesmen” like obama or harry reid. However, I also think that some here need to not sum up the pope based on one response or two either. He says many bold things that other political leaders or famous preachers would not dare. And they ring true and are very serious. So I will not judge this pope on his mistakes alone, I will also weigh them against so many laudable measures he has taken. I am not rattled or my faith shaken by this moment.

[In a freewheeling conversation with reporters on his flight back from a visit to Mexico, Francis was asked about Trump and some of his statements, such as vowing to build a wall between the United States and Mexico if he becomes president.

“A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian,” Francis said in answer to a specific question about Trump’s views. “This is not in the gospel.”

Asked if American Catholics should vote for someone with Trump’s views, Francis said: “I am not going to get involved in that. I say only that this man is not Christian if he has said things like that. We must see if he said things in that way and in this I give the benefit of the doubt,” he said.]

You can interpret these words however you like, but I do believe most are getting a little too excitable over this. Essentially, all the pope is saying is that the way Trump comes off does not sound Christian nor does it sound charitable. The fact the pope is often so candid and unguarded with his words is more refreshing and impacting than it is scandalous. IMO.

In this case I do say he went a little too bold in his choice of words, especially since he does not criticize other far less honest or worthy “statesmen” like obama or harry reid. However, I also think that some here need to not sum up the pope based on one response or two either. He says many bold things that other political leaders or famous preachers would not dare. And they ring true and are very serious. So I will not judge this pope on his mistakes alone, I will also weigh them against so many laudable measures he has taken. I am not rattled or my faith shaken by this moment.
You are very gracious, Turzovka. I am guilty in making a decision on this pope based on his remarks. And until I learn more about him and his references, I continue to stand in opposition to him and his remarks. The fact that he thinks that walls are wrong, but bridges should be guilt in their place just demonstrates he does not understand the security of a nation and its laws are paramount for the existence of a nation.

You are very gracious, Turzovka. I am guilty in making a decision on this pope based on his remarks. And until I learn more about him and his references, I continue to stand in opposition to him and his remarks. The fact that he thinks that walls are wrong, but bridges should be guilt in their place just demonstrates he does not understand the security of a nation and its laws are paramount for the existence of a nation.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I am with you on some of this too. I think the pope sometimes has general ideas about the poor and refugees and those trying to survive and he applies it to specific cases saying "take care of them." That goes for the Mexican border and for the middle eastern refugees in Europe. In both cases I say he is somewhat out of line in being so definitive on what should be done, especially in Europe. I do not like his overemphasis on the environment, I do not like how he intervened in Cuba. So if others are opposed too, I will not criticize them for that. I want a wall and I want laws to be enforced. They can enter legally. The world is far too scary now to think we can be so trusting. Look at the tiny population of Jordan. I think their leader said nearly every single home in Jordan is now hosting a refugee family, almost 2 million of them. Unbelievable. I want militaries in the West to build large encampments in Syria and Iraq to house them and guard those places but stay out of the war. I am digressing.

IMG_00557.jpg

Are you suggesting that Trump would build a wall without doors?

Forum List

Back