Remake "Roots"; But make Toby a white Irish actor. Would it be ok?

More whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks. Were you aware? Especially Irish whites

More whites, especially Irish whites, were sold into slavery in America than blacks? What evidence do you have for this statement?

Um....history.

I am a reasonable person and I can be swayed but you'll have to excuse me if I don't just take your word on it. What evidence do you have to support that statement?

Slaves of a different color

Read up on it. This is Salon. A very liberal group...which is why I picked them for objectivity. Even they were stunned to learn details about this historical fact which has been whitewashed from history. When they tried to research it...they were met with resistance such as "you can't take slavery away from blacks" and some black professor just saying "who cares".

"You can't take slavery away from blacks". That's why white slavery has been all but forgotten.

I am aware that some whites were sold into slavery in America but your claim that more whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks isn't confirmed by the article you've given me. In fact, the article states it was a rare event for whites to be sold into slavery.
. Whites have always outnumbered the blacks. Why wouldn't there be more of them?

I guess those Irish should be lucky that the colonists did them a favor by getting them out of Ireland and to this wonderful country.

Would Irish Toby be captured running through the fields of Ireland?
Would he be brought to America chained in the belly of a slave ship?
Would his Irish children and grandchildren be in slavery?

Would Irish Toby be captured running through the fields of Ireland?
Would he be brought to America chained in the belly of a slave ship?
Would his Irish children and grandchildren be in slavery?

Maybe. It's a fictional story...based on true history. Just like the original "Roots". So it would be similar to how white immigrants were enslaved in colonial America.

The real question is....would the descendants of Aeden O'Sullivan (aka white Toby) still be blaming their failures in life on his enslavement 150 years later?

More whites, especially Irish whites, were sold into slavery in America than blacks? What evidence do you have for this statement?

Um....history.

I am a reasonable person and I can be swayed but you'll have to excuse me if I don't just take your word on it. What evidence do you have to support that statement?

Read up on it. This is Salon. A very liberal group...which is why I picked them for objectivity. Even they were stunned to learn details about this historical fact which has been whitewashed from history. When they tried to research it...they were met with resistance such as "you can't take slavery away from blacks" and some black professor just saying "who cares".

"You can't take slavery away from blacks". That's why white slavery has been all but forgotten.

I am aware that some whites were sold into slavery in America but your claim that more whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks isn't confirmed by the article you've given me. In fact, the article states it was a rare event for whites to be sold into slavery.
. Whites have always outnumbered the blacks. Why wouldn't there be more of them?

The vast majority of slaves that were brought to this nation were black. Some slaves being white in no way diminishes the fact that most were black.

Um....history.

The vast majority of slaves that were brought to this nation were black. Some slaves being white in no way diminishes the fact that most were black.

Hey Kids... It's Time For Some Dumb Myths And Smart Facts About Slavery! | VICE | United States

You need to learn your history.

15,000,000 slaves were taken from Africa to our hemisphere. 6% went to America. Yep. But we don't give Brazil shit do we?

White slaves outnumbered black ones through the 1600-1700s. 250 years later...white descendants don't care.

It's mathematically impossible for even half of whites to have owned slaves. At its PEAK...only 1.5% of American whites owned slaves.

"Slave" comes from the root word "Slav" because pale white Slavs were enslaved at such a high rate.

In the medieval ages...blacks actually enslaved whites.

Read up.

Hey Kids... It's Time For Some Dumb Myths And Smart Facts About Slavery! | VICE | United States

15,000,000 slaves were taken from Africa to our hemisphere. 6% went to America. Yep. But we don't give Brazil shit do we?

White slaves outnumbered black ones through the 1600-1700s. 250 years later...white descendants don't care.

It's mathematically impossible for even half of whites to have owned slaves. At its PEAK...only 1.5% of American whites owned slaves.

"Slave" comes from the root word "Slav" because pale white Slavs were enslaved at such a high rate.

Read up.

The original point we've been discussing is that you claimed more white slaves were brought to America than black and that is hysterically wrong. Now you're trying to expand this discussion to our hemisphere and the medieval ages. lol. Pasting snippets of articles you've googled today doesn't make you historian, it just makes you lazy.

Read up..and by that I mean actual books and scholarly articles, not whatever jazz you lazily googled.

Read up.

The original point we've been discussing is that you claimed more white slaves were brought to America than black and that is hysterically wrong. Now you're trying to expand this discussion to our hemisphere and the medieval ages. lol. Pasting snippets of articles you've googled today doesn't make you historian, it just makes you lazy.

Read up..and by that I mean actual books and scholarly articles, not whatever jazz you lazily googled.

Um....there were. I stand by that. And yes...I expanded to other facts of slavery that most public school educated kids will never be taught.

Read up.

Um....there were. I stand by that. And yes...I expanded to other facts of slavery that most public school educated kids will never be taught.

No, white slaves didn't out number black slaves in America. You pulled that directly from your ass. You didn't expand on anything, you pasted a mishmash of quotes from the top two articles you googled. lol. What you think 'most public schools educated kids will never be taught' has never been apart of this conversation.

Read up.

No, white slaves didn't out number black slaves in America. You pulled that directly from your ass. You didn't expand on anything, you pasted a mishmash of quotes from the top two articles you googled. lol. What you think 'most public schools educated kids will never be taught' has never been apart of this conversation.

They did. You just don't want to research any more and learn history. White people in general VASTLY outnumbered blacks...so naturally...the % may be lower but raw numbers higher. In the history of America from 1600-present....more whites have been enslaved than blacks. Fact.

White Slaves in America Outnumbered Black Slaves - Bet you didn't know that did you?

More whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks. Were you aware? Especially Irish whites.

I think Hollywood should remake the slave movie "Roots". But cast Toby as a white Irish character. Maybe Conan Obrien could be the lead.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"Aeden. Aeden O'Sullivan".

"Nope. Yo name Toby. I say Whutch-yo name boy"

"My name Aeden."

Hmmm. Wonder if the left would accept this as gleefully as the black Annie or black Bond or black Star Wars lead haha!!??
Why be a copy-cat (assuming you could get the rights from the Haley estate) and pay to do a remake of somebody else's work?

Write your own script about the Redlegs. It's certainly an unexamined piece of American history. But brace yourself for the backlash from the "Scots-Irish" who will object to the portrayals.

Same reason they didn't do an original...but instead want to cast a black person as Bond or Annie.

I want Roots remade...but Toby is white.
You have neither the influence nor the money to have a Roots remake. You should make one call Potatoes.

Um....history.

Because they died off trying to work in the sun. They stopped pursuing that dead end. You must be an idiot if you think 3 centuries of Blacks being enslaved here in the US means there were more white slaves. If you mean slavery in europe then you have a point. Way more whites than Blacks were enslaved.

Read up.

They did. You just don't want to research any more and learn history. White people in general VASTLY outnumbered blacks...so naturally...the % may be lower but raw numbers higher. In the history of America from 1600-present....more whites have been enslaved than blacks. Fact.
As usual you make idiotic claims. Besides Asians there are way more Blacks on this planet than whites. Matter of fact their are more Black people just in Africa than all the whites on the planet. Whites only make up 5% of the worlds population and falling. Pure whites are inbred so their numbers took a drastic hit and continue to dwindle. :laugh:

Read up.
Golly gee...that makes the whole idea of slavery so much more palatable. Gee thanks.

Read up.

If it's a fact, you can provide accurate numbers, can't you?

Read up.

Bucs is a retard at best. He always sticks his foot in mouth.

Read up.
Golly gee...that makes the whole idea of slavery so much more palatable. Gee thanks.

Nah. But it debunks a lot of liberal ideals and shows some hard reality of world history.

Every color of the human rainbow has owned slaves and been enslaved....all over the world. No one is innocent or unaffected. Now....we can finally just move on.

Read up.

Add to that his "funny" revisionist history. I can't decide whether he's the guy with the funny little mustache or his sidekick with the clubfoot...

The funniest thing about Bucs OP is that the Irish were not even considered "white" at the time. :laugh:

Read up.

Nah. But it debunks a lot of liberal ideals and shows some hard reality of world history.

Every color of the human rainbow has owned slaves and been enslaved....all over the world. No one is innocent or unaffected. Now....we can finally just move on.
It only debunks the idea that you are at least a functional idiot.