Remember the outrage over gay wedding cakes? Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake

Should bakers be forced to sell cakes for issues they don't like?

• Yes - unless of course it's a Republican issue.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • They should only be forced to comply with the liberal agenda.

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The central question is whether a baker has the right to refuse service to someone, based on any discriminatory factor, including race, religion, politics, or anything else. Does it matter if the customer is black, gay, jewish, pro-Trump, whatever? It's hard to believe the customer can't find somebody else to bake the cake or bake one him/herself. So where's the harm? What's the big deal? Go get your cake somewhere else, and eat it too.

Again, the issue is, does a bakery count as a public accommodation?

All states have laws protecting people from discrimination based on race.

Most states have laws protecting people based on discrimination based on sexual orientation.

States do not have laws protecting people from discrimination based on political views.

No social events of any kind are covered, that would include birthdays and weddings.

So you think that DJ's that do weddings have the right to only do wedding between white people?

Sure, I don't believe in forced association of any kind. If a company doesn't want to provide a good or service to me, I'll find someone who will. The market will decide if the they remain in business, I don't need a nanny government to run my life, no adult should.

Since you don't think PA laws are appropriate, what have YOU been actively doing in your state to get those laws repealed?

I've informed all my elected reps of my opinion. The 13th amendment supposedly abolished forced servitude. The 14th supposedly provide for equal protections under the law. Forcing people to serve any "protected class" violates both.

The Supreme Court has ruled that your theory is ass backward. When the Supreme Court rules, its ruling become Constitutional. The protected class is being provided equal protection under the Supreme Court rulings. In addition, your theory of "forced servitude" in nonsense. No one is forcing the baker to be a baker. If the baker does not like or agree with federal and state laws that regulate that business, they have the option of not being in that business, or at least in that business to the degree that they make the controversial products, personalized cakes in this instance.

Show me in the Constitution where the feds are allowed to regulate a local bakery that doesn't ship their products interstate.

So you think that DJ's that do weddings have the right to only do wedding between white people?

Sure, I don't believe in forced association of any kind. If a company doesn't want to provide a good or service to me, I'll find someone who will. The market will decide if the they remain in business, I don't need a nanny government to run my life, no adult should.

Since you don't think PA laws are appropriate, what have YOU been actively doing in your state to get those laws repealed?

I've informed all my elected reps of my opinion. The 13th amendment supposedly abolished forced servitude. The 14th supposedly provide for equal protections under the law. Forcing people to serve any "protected class" violates both.

The Supreme Court has ruled that your theory is ass backward. When the Supreme Court rules, its ruling become Constitutional. The protected class is being provided equal protection under the Supreme Court rulings. In addition, your theory of "forced servitude" in nonsense. No one is forcing the baker to be a baker. If the baker does not like or agree with federal and state laws that regulate that business, they have the option of not being in that business, or at least in that business to the degree that they make the controversial products, personalized cakes in this instance.

Show me in the Constitution where the feds are allowed to regulate a local bakery that doesn't ship their products interstate.

The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land.

The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land.

The supremacy clause only applies to enumerated powers, the feds have no enumerated power over intrastate business.

Last edited:

The supremacy clause only applies to enumerated powers, the feds have on enumerated power over intrastate business.

No. It applies to the entire Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority. Protected classes are defined by federal laws made pursuant to the constitution. You don't know what you are talking about.

Bakers refused to make pro-Trump birthday cake for 9-year-old boy: Report

and?

I'm pretty sure trump freaks aren't a protected class.

I'm pretty sure that faggots being a protected class make then 2nd class.

I'm sure that you are wrong about a lot of things. That one included.

Not in this case, faggot lover. If you don't have the good sense to choose the opposite sex, you deserve the classification.
So.....you "chose" the opposite sex?

Sure did.

The supremacy clause only applies to enumerated powers, the feds have on enumerated power over intrastate business.

No. It applies to the entire Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority. Protected classes are defined by federal laws made pursuant to the constitution. You don't know what you are talking about.

If you have to be a protected class, it automatically tells me you can't do for yourself.

Where does the Constitution give the feds the power invent protected classes?

Why shouldn't they be?

The protected class concept was born of actual economic and political discrimination due to Jim Crow laws in Southern States after the Redeemers came to power. It was a sledgehammer solution to a specific problem.

What progressives did is take that solution and applied to to any group of people they think are disadvantaged, regardless of the actual economic and political harm being done to them. This is patently wrong and unfair.

Are you arguing that gays aren't subject to a long history of discrimination? Until fairly recently, the mere gay sex act was considered a crime.

Most reasonable people can tell what is a reasonable use of government power to resolve disputes.

They were not subject to the economic and political harm that blacks were, not even close.

Ruining someone over butt hurt is not reasonable.

No social events of any kind are covered, that would include birthdays and weddings.

So separate but equal was constitutional after Plessey?

"protected class" that terminology just screams discrimination.

I'm sorry, I didn't hear it say that. I heard it say "I'm the law"
lol asshole.
I understand its the law. Sorry, im just not one for institutional discrimination. Maybe thats more your thing.

I'm sorry. Did you think I could change the law? I can't, so the law continues to say you are wrong. You lose.

The only thing I think you can do is kiss Obama's black ass. Pucker up.

Such a mature response for a right winger. Keep up the good work.

Recognizing what type of person you are is a sign of maturity. I have. You haven't.

Well conservatives operate from facts so no biggie to them but frothing emotional drivel driven libs just flop their little hands all over the place at the Cake Slight of the Century

Not in this case, faggot lover. If you don't have the good sense to choose the opposite sex, you deserve the classification.

If you say so.

I know so. You should learn if you're capable, BOY.

you should probably worry about your own low IQ before you worry about other people's educations.

BOY.

:rofl:
I would if it was low. I'm white, therefore, it's automatically higher than the average IQ of blacks.

WHORE
Don't get why trumpanzees are getting a bad "racist" rap.

Numbers back up my statement. Haven't you heard about he average 85 IQ of blacks?

ALL private businesses should have the right to refuse service for any reason.

Why is it that Conservatives wouldn't have a problem being told by a faggot owned bakery t
Why shouldn't they be?

The protected class concept was born of actual economic and political discrimination due to Jim Crow laws in Southern States after the Redeemers came to power. It was a sledgehammer solution to a specific problem.

What progressives did is take that solution and applied to to any group of people they think are disadvantaged, regardless of the actual economic and political harm being done to them. This is patently wrong and unfair.

You are free to try to have the law changed. I doubt you can do that by sitting behind that keyboard.

As usual deflecting with the "do something" cop out when you don't have an actual point to argue.

Not sure what you expected. You complained that you feel the law is unfair. You can continue to whine about it, or try to have it changed. Whining hasn't worked for you on this so far.

I'm discussing a topic on a message board. You see fit to ignore that concept and spout "fuh fuh fuh, it's the law, fuh fuh fuh change it" because you are a gutless coward and refuse to discuss the reasoning behind the law and its application.
As always. your thoughts have been noted and laughed at.

As always, YOU have been laughed at, BOY.

Why is it that Conservatives wouldn't have a problem being told by a faggot owned bakery t
You are free to try to have the law changed. I doubt you can do that by sitting behind that keyboard.

As usual deflecting with the "do something" cop out when you don't have an actual point to argue.

Not sure what you expected. You complained that you feel the law is unfair. You can continue to whine about it, or try to have it changed. Whining hasn't worked for you on this so far.

I'm discussing a topic on a message board. You see fit to ignore that concept and spout "fuh fuh fuh, it's the law, fuh fuh fuh change it" because you are a gutless coward and refuse to discuss the reasoning behind the law and its application.

You're so cute when you try to act tough,

Just laughing at you, porch monkey. Or do you prefer jiggaboo, alligator bait, spear chucker, blue gum, coon, or tar baby instead?

Please tell me they are getting sued for discrimination.

"“Similarly here, cake shops declined Pickle’s order for conscience reasons,” Mr. Farris wrote in a blog post on Thursday. “Yet, no one on the Left is calling for legal action against the cake shops. And neither should anyone on the Right.”"

There he is dead wrong, these bakeries need to be held responsible immediately. Let the democrat's stupid policies bite them in the ass.

Just laughing at you, porch monkey. Or do you prefer jiggaboo, alligator bait, spear chucker, blue gum, coon, or tar baby instead?

I'm guessing you think I'm black.

I'm guessing you think I'm black.

No, just a NL. No difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back