Remember When 45, As A Candidate, Said He'll Only Pick The Best of the Best?

Is this acceptable to you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
I think it's completely acceptable that he attempts to pick the best among the best, rather than who happened to donate the most to the campaign or who is willing to suck his ass the most.

Can you make an argument as to why this guy wasn't the most qualified? Seems like they are asking him about something that may not be related to his job in any way. He was nominated to be a judge not a lawyer.
He was asked if he had ever heard a case. On any level. He said no.

He was asked if he personally took a deposition. No.

He could not have demonstrated a worse or weaker track record, background or skillset for this position.

That's pretty much the very definition of "qualified".

So you are saying that the HARVARD degree this guy has is worthless and does not qualify him in any way.
Obama had a Harvard degree. How'd that work out for you?

The nominee to be a judge is grossly unqualified, which even a tard like you would quickly realize if you watched his deer in the headlights responses to the simple questions.

Obama was a president of the country with that degree, and had little other experience.

If it's good enough for a president, it's good enough for a judge.

Yeah, other than being a state senator, U.S. senator, actually running for president where he was grilled on a multitude of topics, debated his opponents and then went on to earn the vote of a majority of voters. Oh, and then get reelected after serving four years as president.

Other than that, yeah, it's totally the same thing.

Both have Harvard degree.

This guy will probably be very good at what he does. That's all that Trump cares about. When he actually fails to deliver, you can call me out then.

I can't believe anyone would defend this nominee.

The really sad part is this guy is better than a lot of the Trump nominees
Like you really know all about it. lol! You don't know shit except what the media traitors tell you!

He didn't know basic legal terminology and you're defending him. It was obvious that Senator Kennedy was not impressed either.
You must not have any idea what "defending someone" actually means. I don't know who you are talking about, what politicians or appointee and don't know what was said or implied. All I am saying is that you are media fed parrot with nothing of his own that is fed by the media.

It's called google, google the terms Senator Kennedy ran off and you will find this guy is not qualified.
No, I will find what some libtard website claims. The media cannot be trusted to tell the truth just like regressives like you cannot.

The really sad part is this guy is better than a lot of the Trump nominees
Like you really know all about it. lol! You don't know shit except what the media traitors tell you!

He didn't know basic legal terminology and you're defending him. It was obvious that Senator Kennedy was not impressed either.
You must not have any idea what "defending someone" actually means. I don't know who you are talking about, what politicians or appointee and don't know what was said or implied. All I am saying is that you are media fed parrot with nothing of his own that is fed by the media.

It's called google, google the terms Senator Kennedy ran off and you will find this guy is not qualified.
No, I will find what some libtard website claims. The media cannot be trusted to tell the truth just like regressives like you cannot.

They have a massive conflict of interest - the money they withdraw from working people's pockets. What on earth would they ever want to tell the truth about everything? They need to have an agenda for it to be acceptable for them to take other people's money.

Telling the truth is like rising the white flag for them, if they told they are scamming their way into our money, it would be instantly over for them. They need lies to cover up.

He could not have demonstrated a worse or weaker track record, background or skillset for this position.

So you are saying that the HARVARD degree this guy has is worthless and does not qualify him in any way.

The nominee to be a judge is grossly unqualified, which even a tard like you would quickly realize if you watched his deer in the headlights responses to the simple questions.

Obama was a president of the country with that degree, and had little other experience.

Yeah, other than being a state senator, U.S. senator, actually running for president where he was grilled on a multitude of topics, debated his opponents and then went on to earn the vote of a majority of voters. Oh, and then get reelected after serving four years as president.

This guy will probably be very good at what he does. That's all that Trump cares about. When he actually fails to deliver, you can call me out then.

Yeah, he can just get a copy of 'federal judgin' for dummies' and keep it at his desk. What could possibly go wrong with him not knowing the law?

Both have Harvard degrees? He's not getting a job as a public defender, this is a federal judgeship. Maybe he should....you know, practice a little law first.

Also, I don't think he went to Harvard.

Both who? The guy in the OP has a law degree from the U of Va. He never attended Harvard at all for anything.

Yeah, he can just get a copy of 'federal judgin' for dummies' and keep it at his desk. What could possibly go wrong with him not knowing the law?

Both have Harvard degrees? He's not getting a job as a public defender, this is a federal judgeship. Maybe he should....you know, practice a little law first.

He has practiced law in Havard and in his job for years and years.

Once again, if you find him failing I might listen. Although making terrible picks has been the norm before Trump for president after president so... it's not like there are many options.

Bull shit, he has never done anything at Harvard, you are just making that shit up so you can defend his nomination

Bull shit, he has never done anything at Harvard, you are just making that shit up so you can defend his nomination

False, he has a degree form Harvard.

"Less attention has been paid to Talley’s Massachusetts ties, which he cultivated as a student at Harvard Law School. He graduated from Harvard in 2007 and later took a job as a writer for Mitt Romney’s 2o12 presidential campaign."

"Talley, who notes on his website that he spent time living in “witch-haunted Massachusetts,” is also a member of the Harvard Law School Association, according to his questionnaire."

Brett Talley, controversial nominee for Ala. federal bench, has Mass. Masonic ties - The Boston Globe

He also has links to NRA. I can see why the leftists hate him so much. Love it when the snowflakes melt. It's ok, let the whiny screeches out for us!

Once again, if you find him failing I might listen. Although making terrible picks has been the norm before Trump for president after president so... it's not like there are many options.

What does 'he has practiced law in Harvard and in his job for years and years' mean if he doesn't know the basics?

This isn't the norm, this is amateur hour.

And no, he does not have a Harvard education.

"Less attention has been paid to Talley’s Massachusetts ties, which he cultivated as a student at Harvard Law School. He graduated from Harvard in 2007 and later took a job as a writer for Mitt Romney’s 2o12 presidential campaign."

"Talley, who notes on his website that he spent time living in “witch-haunted Massachusetts,” is also a member of the Harvard Law School Association, according to his questionnaire."

Brett Talley, controversial nominee for Ala. federal bench, has Mass. Masonic ties - The Boston Globe

He also has links to NRA. I can see why the leftists hate him so much. Love it when the snowflakes melt. It's ok, let the whiny screeches out for us!

This thread is not about Talley, it is about Spencer Peterson...the guy in the OP that did not know his ass from a hole in the ground.

What does 'he has practiced law in Harvard and in his job for years and years' mean if he doesn't know the basics?

This isn't the norm, this is amateur hour.

He has a law degree from Harvard and is a member of Harvard Law association. Do you think he doesn't know the basics?

Is this how much you trust higher education? They don't even teach the basics at the best university on the planet?

I hope you are anti-education then, if it truly is that useless.

Aha, I missed that.

Okay, here are his credentials according to wikipedia:

"Petersen graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in philosophy from Brigham Young University in 1996. He also received an Associate of Science with high honors from Utah Valley State College.[3] Petersen received his Juris Doctor in 1999 from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review."

So he still at least has a law degree, and is a member of Virginia Law review. He also has a other degree.

Anyway, the point stands, unless he fails you are shooting just a bunch of hot air. I am not expecting him to fail.

He did not "practice law in Harvard".

You sound really stupid saying that.

Aha, I missed that.

"Petersen graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in philosophy from Brigham Young University in 1996. He also received an Associate of Science with high honors from Utah Valley State College.[3] Petersen received his Juris Doctor in 1999 from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review."

So he still at least has a law degree, and is a member of Virginia Law review. He also has a other degree.

Anyway, the point stands, unless he fails you are shooting just a bunch of hot air. I am not expecting him to fail.
He has a law degree, but has never actually practiced in a court of law. The man has not so much as taken a deposition on his own.

He's a total novice who wants to be a judge!

Trump wants this guy presiding over his money laundering trial.

Aha, I missed that.

What point stands? Nobody doubted he went to law school. He has no qualified experience as a judge, he's never tried a case, he's never run so much as a deposition on his own and he can't answer basic questions.

Aha, I missed that.

What point stands? Nobody doubted he went to law school. He has no qualified experience as a judge, he's never tried a case, he's never run so much as a deposition on his own and he can't answer basic questions.

Again, you can send your complaints when he actually fails.

Aha, I missed that.

Again, you can send your complaints when he actually fails.

Oh, he's already failed, there is no way this guy is getting confirmed.

Aha, I missed that.

Not sure what you do for a living, but does the company you work for/own make a practice of hiring people with no practical experience but a good education and put them into executive roles or do they prefer people with some actual working experience to fill the roles of executives?

I can tell you with pretty much 100% assurance no private company would do such a thing, I know the military does not and I know that government agencies do not.

Oh, and what is the matrix by which you would determine if a judge had "failed"?

I guess republicans are held to a higher standard than democrats even in the first year. I wonder if Hussein thought his pick for A.G. was the best when he had to quit after the incredible bungling of operation Fast Furious. Too bad republicans were too chicken to seek an indictment against Holder for manslaughter after the death of a Border Patrol officer. How about that IRS chief? She stuck to her boss when he ordered the IRS to be used to punish political enemies. Hussein paid her back by preventing her from testifying before congress. Estab. repubs chickened out again though. If it wasn't for fake news the democrat party would cease to exist.

I guess republicans are held to a higher standard than democrats even in the first year.

No, I don't think Democrats' standard (Or Republicans before Trump) is to nominate such a god awful unqualified candidate that his senate hearing becomes a viral sensation due to the nominee's utter failure to demonstrate he is capable.

Forum List

Back