• When Fauci and Birx say so

• June 1st

• When we have a vaccine

• FIVE YEARS - Favorite of USMB's U2 Edge

• NEVER -- Let Anarchy reign

Results are only viewable after voting.
How do you explain this? Same source

Here. From your own source.

"And then there's the issue that we don't really know how immunity works with this virus.

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the World Health Organization (WHO), said it's not known whether people who have been exposed to the virus become completely immune to it and if so, for how long. That's why governments should wait for a vaccine, she said."

You've now provided me with two sources that agree with what I've been telling you.

Are you not reading them or are you just misinterpreting them?
What are you telling me? Article basically says more than likely you have immunity. That’s not good enough for you? Nothing is 100%. Why are you so obtuse?

Article: "we don't really know how immunity works with this virus"

You: "Article basically says more than likely you have immunity."

Do you need glasses?
Hoo lawdy! You need much more than glasses. :eek:

You need some "Make me not an idiot" pills.

Last edited:

"And then there's the issue that we don't really know how immunity works with this virus.

Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, an infectious disease epidemiologist at the World Health Organization (WHO), said it's not known whether people who have been exposed to the virus become completely immune to it and if so, for how long. That's why governments should wait for a vaccine, she said."

You've now provided me with two sources that agree with what I've been telling you.

What are you telling me? Article basically says more than likely you have immunity. That’s not good enough for you? Nothing is 100%. Why are you so obtuse?

Do you need glasses?
Yes but they surmise like with other viruses it likely works the same. Do you need glasses? If you were to take an educated guess would you say those who had it have developed an immunity? Yes or no. Don’t say I dont know. Take a leap of faith.

He's not obtuse, he's an asshole....Time to cut bait.
You’re right. My bad. Trying to argue logic with those who are illogical is crazy.

Do you need glasses?
Yes but they surmise like with other viruses it likely works the same. Do you need glasses? If you were to take an educated guess would you say those who had it have developed an immunity? Yes or no. Don’t say I dont know. Take a leap of faith.

Oh don't run away just yet. You've given me two different sources and misinterpreted both of them, and we're going to talk about them.

Explain to me how it's even possible for you to misinterpret something this badly.

You’re right. My bad. Trying to argue logic with those who are illogical is crazy.

Right. Because this is logical.

Right. Because this is logical.

There was more to it and they surmised those who had it likely have it. You just disregard that. Interesting.

There was more to it and they surmised those who had it likely have it. You just disregard that. Interesting.

Oh please tell me which part you're misinterpreting now that "basically says more than likely you have immunity." Show me. Show me the part that you THINK says that.

If New York can leave the subways, busses, Uber, Airports running and release COVID infected elderly back into nursing homes, then WTF are we doing people? Is that "stay at home"? Open the country, save the businesses and the workers and protect the weak. That is MORE than asshole Cuomo is doing for his state.

Oh please tell me which part you're misinterpreting now that "basically says more than likely you have immunity." Show me. Show me the part that you THINK says that.
You don’t answer my questions odd.

Discovering more about how immunity to this new coronavirus works will be key to fighting the pandemic. The more people who become immune—either from beating an infection or from receiving a vaccine—the closer we get to herd immunity, or the point at which most members of the population have antibodies. Then we’ll start to slow and eventually stop the pandemic.

What every article is saying is that more likely than not people develop immunity like with every other such virus but we don’t have enough data to be 100% certain. Sigh... you argue just to argue.

Discovering more about how immunity to this new coronavirus works will be key to fighting the pandemic. The more people who become immune—either from beating an infection or from receiving a vaccine—the closer we get to herd immunity, or the point at which most members of the population have antibodies. Then we’ll start to slow and eventually stop the pandemic.

What every article is saying is that more likely than not people develop immunity like with every other such virus but we don’t have enough data to be 100% certain. Sigh... you argue just to argue.

I've read your sources that did nothing but support my argument this entire fucking time and I've read your misinterpretations that even you are unwilling to explain. I wonder why that is. Did you not read your own sources or are you just so incapable of understanding them that you need to wait for me to explain to you how you've made an ass out of yourself?

And now you want to move on to yet another source that, once again, does not support your argument. Don't run away now, trying to flee to another subject. Let's see you first explain your previous mistake.

Explain to me how it's fucking possible for you to misinterpret something this badly? Are you retarded? What's the issue here?

I've read your sources that did nothing but support my argument this entire fucking time and I've read your misinterpretations that even you are unwilling to explain. I wonder why that is. Did you not read your own sources or are you just so incapable of understanding them that you need to wait for me to explain to you how you've made an ass out of yourself?

And now you want to move on to yet another source that, once again, does not support your argument. Don't run away now, trying to flee to another subject. Let's see you first explain your previous mistake.

Explain to me how it's fucking possible for you to misinterpret something this badly? Are you retarded? What's the issue here?
Listen bitch. Every article states that more than likely it will act like any other virus but we don’t have enough data to say for sure. People are covering their asses. Plasma therapy has been proven to work so obviously it does. You’re too stupid to read between the lines. That is the issue. Believe what you want. I feel Much safer now that I have had it and I can and will help others. You keep hiding under your bed.

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.
If NH opens up and MA doesn’t, I ll be partying in NH tomorrow.

Go for it.
Well I am immune so it won’t bother me.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.

I'll take a look at any links you provide. So far, I'm seeing the exact opposite reported.
You’re insane. Wow. OK. So then how do you explain them asking me to donate plasma to help those infected?

I haven't read that plasma in your anti-bodies makes you immune. If you have any links on that, I'll be happy to look at them though.

Like I said, everything I have read has stated the exact opposite. But no, I'm not a doctor.
They are using my plasma to kill the virus in others. LOL. You’re really uneducated on this.

Then show me a link that supports your argument.
I did.

"Those who have survived the virus have built up antibodies in their plasma, which strengthens their immune system's defense. Using their plasma therefore could help others beat the infection."

It doesn't say you're immune.
How would it help others beat the infection if I am not immune? Durr

Listen bitch. Every article states that more than likely it will act like any other virus but we don’t have enough data to say for sure. People are covering their asses. Plasma therapy has been proven to work so obviously it does. You’re too stupid to read between the lines. That is the issue. Believe what you want. I feel Much safer now that I have had it and I can and will help others. You keep hiding under your bed.

None of your articles confirm a word of what you said. I've gone over them with you. What is clearly a case of "misinterpreting" is what you call "reading between the lines". Hilarious.

You think these two statements are the same because you "read between the lines":

You're a fucking idiot. I don't know how else to explain that to you in a way that you would understand.

Shutting down the non-essential businesses, to my understanding, is up to the governors. They can do what they want and deal with those consequences.
If NH opens up and MA doesn’t, I ll be partying in NH tomorrow.

Go for it.
Well I am immune so it won’t bother me.

I haven't seen any evidence suggesting that someone can be immune to it after recovering from it.
Actually we do!

Convolescant Plasma is proving we do develop immunities to this virus. We have medical staff who were infected and after recovering went back to work and have not been reinfected despite dealing with patients. We just dont know how long it lasts.

I'll take a look at any links you provide. So far, I'm seeing the exact opposite reported.
You’re insane. Wow. OK. So then how do you explain them asking me to donate plasma to help those infected?

I haven't read that plasma in your anti-bodies makes you immune. If you have any links on that, I'll be happy to look at them though.

Like I said, everything I have read has stated the exact opposite. But no, I'm not a doctor.
They are using my plasma to kill the virus in others. LOL. You’re really uneducated on this.

Then show me a link that supports your argument.
I did.

"Those who have survived the virus have built up antibodies in their plasma, which strengthens their immune system's defense. Using their plasma therefore could help others beat the infection."

It doesn't say you're immune.
How would it help others beat the infection if I am not immune? Durr

Show me an article that says you're immune. Quote it or shut the fuck up.

You've already proven that you're too stupid to interpret things. Just give me direct quotes.

There you go. Simple instructions. Try reading it a few times so you don't fuck it up again.

Of course there is some immunity. Your body had an immunological response to the virus, created antibodies against it and drove it out or a person would have no antibodies and would likely be dead.

That may or may not be complete immunity, or it may also be more of a learned immunity, where the body increases its ability to fight somthing off over time, after seeing it more than once, but thinking there is zero protection resulting makes no sense and that is not typically how immunity to coronaviruses in the past have generally worked.

Could someone get it more than once. Maybe. Who cares, they're likely more protected the second time around. Thats how learned immunity works. Could it fade over time. Maybe. That happens too.

The WHO saying they can't prove immunity is a simple statement based on the simple fact that it's a new virus and they haven't been able to study, ie, prove it. It is not a reason for people to spin off the rails for the umpteenth time in the last few months and run around with their hair on fire, nor is it a reason to delay reopening the economy over something that for all intents and purposes is not a surprise, or even a "development".

New virus, not enough data yet. Cannot verify/prove. Expect it to, but we are not 100% positive and wont be until the data is there. Simple.

"To be clear, most experts do think an initial infection from the coronavirus, called SARS-CoV-2, will grant people immunity to the virus for some amount of time. That is generally the case with acute infections from other viruses, including other coronaviruses.

With data limited, “sometimes you have to act on a historical basis,” Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in a webcast with JAMA this month. “It’s a reasonable assumption that this virus is not changing very much. If we get infected now and it comes back next February or March we think this person is going to be protected.”"

Fire Fouci and Birx their modeling was wrong they are holding our economy hostage to a fake pandemic.

I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.

I struggled between choosing "immediately" and June 1st. I only voted for June 1st because:

1. the vote was for "in full" and
2. I live in a "hot zone" that has been significantly affected

If I lived in a different area, I would have voted "immediately". Or if the choice was "when should the economy reopen", I would have voted "immediately"--but in my area, probably in stages. But I think those stages should begin TODAY. And to be honest, even in my hot zone, people are beginning the stages now, unofficially. More cars on the road than I've seen previously, and the Karens are mad.

Can I assume all the immediately voters are pro life? Can't make this stuff up.

When a woman goes to get an abortion, a death will result. Her baby WILL DIE, in all but the rarest of cases. In fact the baby is dying at her conscious action.

All this nonsense about "spreading the virus" is based on conjecture. Unless you are known to be ill with COVID, if you go out, you cannot be certain that you are "spreading the virus"--despite all the fainting-couch hyperbole here, it is not like getting an abortion.

I believe we need to reopen ASAP. We know the risks. Barbershops, gyms, restaurants, hotels, etc. are dying. We don't close the economy during every flu season we should not close it now. The brief shutdown has allowed our hospitals to be ready for the virus. We have ventilators, masks and information. Warm weather is coming. Let the people choose.

I welcome your thoughts.
It's already too late. The damage is done. The Democrats have SERIOUSLY damaged the USA. The injury is just being felt. If we reopen now, cautiously but quickly, the best we can hope for is to minimize what will be catastrophic economic gloom unseen since the Great Depression. But I like your pick #4----- Five Years, choice of U2Edge. That one I had to laugh at.
This is not a Republican/Democrat issue. But I totally get you guys need to make it one in order to feel comfortable. Everyone is hurting. Dem govs are as cognizant of the economy as Pub gobs. They all will pay an electoral price if things go bad either economically or with public health. Maybe some folks need to look beyond their partisan handicap on this And recognize we are all Americans in this together.
Apparently it IS a Dem/Repub issue! It has been Democrats more than anyone screaming for the shutdown and to KEEP it shutdown. Trump, many GOP governors and lots of (I think mostly) republican voters have been protesting in the streets it is time to start opening it back up! And I agree. Not because I'm, well, I'm actually NOT a Republican but a conservative, not because I'm hurting because I'm surprisingly well off. I've actually MADE money during the shutdown and have only needed to go to the supermarket once or twice since February. The way I look at it:
  • Data is inconclusive and contradictory that the true morbidity rate of those infected comes anywhere near a pandemic.
  • Actual deaths appear not really any worse than other years.
  • People are going to get sick and die from the thing no matter what you do.
  • Overpopulation was already a problem beforehand.
  • This is far from the first time some disease has killed 45,000+ people in this country.
  • You can't beat nature. We could send ourselves over the cliff trying to minimize this Corona thing only to have it come back with a 1-2 punch and hit us again in another 6 months to a year!
  • Social and economic consequences of this shutdown is going to deeply hurt this country and likely send us into a mini-depression. Much longer and the consequences are going to be devastating, far worse than the virus itself. Then, EVERYONE, alive or dead, will be paying a costly price for this for a long time to come!
In the end, one of two possibilities will happen:
  1. We will have greatly over-estimated corona, the threat of millions dead never materializes and we end up doing far worse harm to ourselves in our over-reaction.
  2. This and other viruses are going to exceed our ability to counter, being hit year after year, ending up taking as many people as it chooses to anyway, meantime, our bailouts, stimuluses, and relief funds will have so damaged our economy that the living are unable to carry on for years to come with quality of life.

Open immediately will certainly lead to more death. That hardly seems pro life unless you admit the pro life stance is just a political thing and the lives really don't matter. Is that what you are doing?
There will be more deaths whether we stay one giant internment camp or not. That's the irony of the stay closed faction. People are dying every day with all our social distancing indoctrination going on anyway.
How is ruining our economy helping anything (except perhaps for those that are for anything that
will make Trump more vulnerable)?

As for being pro life and pro a return to normalcy there is nothing hypocritical in that. And if someone suggests it is it's certainly no more hypocritical than being for deaths for the unborn but suddenly very sanctimonious when it comes to someone who might die from the corona virus.
Life is magically a very precious thing then. Context here is everything.

Forum List

Back